Sign in to follow this  
lycokayaker

Bravo Company Charging Handle

Hey all,

I am curious to see if anyone has tried out Bravo Companies charging handle http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-GUNFIGHTER-Charging-Handle-GFH-Mod-4-p/bcm%20gfh%20mod%204%20556.htm I am new to the board and new to New Jersey. I found out that NJ is alot different than PA when it comes to firearms and the many laws around them. Also has NJ stated that this charging handle become an evil feature or illegal in NJ? Thanks for all the help!

Bill

• Like 1

The BCM handles are great as they solve one of the two common failure points with charging handles; the latch roll pin. This is a common failure point due to stress being placed on it when the handle is manipulated. The other common failure mode is a bent handle and BCMs still bend (saw one happen in class last weekend). The larger latches are also great for easier manipulation.

• Like 1

Have the medium sized BCM handle.

Pros - I don't worry that I'm going to bust it when I slam it with the palm of my support hand. Much easier to manipulate quickly with support hand.

Cons - If you try to use it like a "regular" charging handle (index and middle fingers straddling the handle, one on each side), it may pinch your middle finger skin hard. As in blood blister hard.