jcerillo70

Springfield 1911 Magazines from the Coupon When you buy a gun??

So if you ever bought a Springfield 1911, you know they give you the orange coupon that gives you dealer pricing one time only

Im looking for the 10 rounders,

They have 2 choices for 10 round magazines for the 1911

1) .45 10 Round Single-Stack, Stainless Steel (I wrote down for 5 in pen, i'm sure i can white it out)

2) .45 10 Round High Capacity Full Size

And they give you no description that would help you decifer the differences. Maybe one of you fine fellows had some experience with either of these, or know the difference

There's a significant price between the 2. $19 for 10 rd. single stack & $27 for 10 rd. high cap.

I know SS cost more, but i think theres got to be more to it. When i google it there's no additional info or reviews on them

There's a significant price between the 2. $19 for 10 rd. single stack & $27 for 10 rd. high cap.

I know SS cost more, but i think theres got to be more to it. When i google it there's no additional info or reviews on them

The SS = Single Stack not stainless steel and the other one is a double stack. It would all depend on what one fit your gun.

Harry

• Like 1

The high capacity may be double stack, but the stainless steel single stack are nice mags. I have a couple 7 round Stainless Steel which are excellent.

I was holding the chip mcormics today with the $30 price tag and the rubber ext on the bottom. But i held off my impulsiveness to save a few $$$ with sA

I was holding the chip mcormics today with the $30 price tag and the rubber ext on the bottom. But i held off my impulsiveness to save a few $$$ with sA

Magazines, especially with a 1911, is one place where you don't want to scrimp. Wilsons are highly thought of and that is what I use in both my Combat Elite and Sig RCS. Never had a malfunction caused by a mag - brain farts, yes, magazines, no.

JMHO

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Having had many different brands of 1911 mags, I strongly advise not to go "cheap" and get Wilson's.

After using the Wisons I sold all my other mags.

Their 8 and 10 rounders are hands down the best on the market. Plus they have a lifetime guarantee.

Having had many different brands of 1911 mags, I strongly advise not to go "cheap" and get Wilson's.

After using the Wisons I sold all my other mags.

Their 8 and 10 rounders are hands down the best on the market. Plus they have a lifetime guarantee.

Any specific Wilson model brother? i see a few

The main one is call " The bureaucrat"

Any specific Wilson model brother? i see a few

The main one is call " The bureaucrat"

What the heck are you looking at????

Try looking here...

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/45-ACP/departments/363/

You can buy from numerous sources, but to see what is available, always best to go to the manufacturer's site - or buy from here.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

What the heck are you looking at????

Try looking here...

http://shopwilsoncom...epartments/363/

You can buy from numerous sources, but to see what is available, always best to go to the manufacturer's site - or buy from here.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The 10 rounder was at one point (might still be) called the Bureaucrat.

Just placed the order tonight. They'll be here Monday in time for the shore shot fun shoot

http://www.midwayusa...ctNumber=119904

Wilson Combat Magazine with Base Pad 1911 Government, Commander 45 ACP 10-Round Stainless Steel. 47T (bureaucrat)

119904.jpg

$147 with the midway coupon. cheapest place on the web for these with shipping, because of the coupon

Just placed the order tonight. They'll be here Monday in time for the shore shot fun shoot

Wilson Combat Magazine with Base Pad 1911 Government, Commander 45 ACP 10-Round Stainless Steel. 47T (bureaucrat)

119904.jpg

$147 with the midway coupon. cheapest place on the web for these with shipping, because of the coupon

How many did you get?

119904.jpg

Can someone clear something up for me on this...

I realize this should fit into my Colt 1911 govt.

What does the "BASE PAD" part mean? It just has some part that fits flush with the bottom?

I'm thinking of buying a couple.

Can someone clear something up for me on this...

I realize this should fit into my Colt 1911 govt.

What does the "BASE PAD" part mean? It just has some part that fits flush with the bottom?

I'm thinking of buying a couple.

the little black plastic piece at the bottom of the mag.

On the 10 rounder it is really small and not an issue.

On the 8 rounder, you have several options on basepads. I usually go for the extended model.

Check out the link and see the descriptions from Wilson on there basepads.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/8-Round/products/371/

The base pad is that metal or plastic bit at the bottom of the mag. Besides keep the guts of the mag inside, and allowing the guts to come out for cleaning, it also serves different purposes on different mags.

For example on SOME 7/8rd mags it also acts as the stop to prevent over insertion, butting up against the front of the magwell (where it is a machined a bit higher). On a 10rd mag that is done either by having a "wrap around" mag base pad (like the CMC power mags do) or with a weld on bit of steel on the front of the mag like the Wilson picture above.

The the base pad assists with getting the mag into and out of the gun with a bit of speed, it allows you to push on it with the base of your palm to make sure the mag is sited. A slightly extended base pad is critical if you have any sort of magwell addon on your gun (like a lot of the factory guns do now) because otherwise you need to kinda stick your hand inside the magwell to get the mag sited, and extended mag base pad makes that easier.