ronhonda

USPSA @ Old Bridge 4/24/11 Easter Sunday

Well, make sure you sew some belt loops on your underwear, rule book requires your belt to pass through at lest 3 of them

Vlad, actually in the most recent book, it mentions nothing of belt loops, and only states "securely fixed".

Will get the rule, but it was something George Jones explicitly went over.

Vlad, actually in the most recent book, it mentions nothing of belt loops, and only states "securely fixed".

Will get the rule, but it was something George Jones explicitly went over.

5.2.3 Unless otherwise specified in the written stage briefing, the belt carrying

the holster and all allied equipment must be worn at waist level.

The belt or the inner belt or both must be either securely fixed at the

waist, or secured with a minimum of three belt loops.

5.2.3 Unless otherwise specified in the written stage briefing, the belt carrying

the holster and all allied equipment must be worn at waist level.

The belt or the inner belt or both must be either securely fixed at the

waist, or secured with a minimum of three belt loops.

Thanks. =)

So much for the Weatherman... We all went expecting rain and instead got burned to a Crips... REALLY good day though, OBCATS run a class Act.

Was a pleasure seeing everyone. Wow, talk about the weather. Did get burned to a crisp. When I walked in and saw the mirror, wow. Now my skin is burning up. =)

Will have videos up later today.

Was a pleasure seeing everyone. Wow, talk about the weather. Did get burned to a crisp. When I walked in and saw the mirror, wow. Now my skin is burning up. =)

Will have videos up later today.

i was there for 40 minutes and i'm burned. i can't imagine how you guys are looking right now.

A couple of comments on the videos, I hope no one takes offense, just trying to help a bit as others tried to help me (unsuccessfully, they might note under their breath)

Maks, is there a reason you lock your elbows? You you break that elbow lock more of the recoil can be absorbed in your joints and you should see less muzzle flip. Also always shoot the top plates on a star not the bottom ones, you are just making it spin faster, gravity is a ****.

JonF, you reload too often. Your reloads are very good, but they still take time, I think a couple of times you might have reloaded twice for targets I would have taken with a single 10rd mag, and not because you missed. Just because you brought a lot of mags, it doesn't mean you have to use them all.

Krdshrk, I think you are leaning to far forward. Bringing your center of gravity lower is good, but I think you are trying to fold yourself. Try keeping your shoulders just forward of you hips and lower more from the knees then waist. Also I can't quite tell, but is your left hand really involved in the grip? It looks to me like it mostly touches your right hand but not the gun, I would move it further up

General stage comments.

Stage 1, that second port was a decoy. The smart money was on running all the way to the left most corner as far up as you go and from there engage the 2 left targets, the 2 steel, and the far partial on the right by leaning a bit to the left and shooting around the no shoot.

Stage 2, assuming 10rd mags, Maks plan was the best one. Step up shoot the 2 right targets, move left for the 2 left, reload going around the corner, 2 left targets, RELOAD again, and finish through the port. Going left first then stopping for the 2 right targets its a waste of time. First you lose momentum, and secondly you are coming up at those targets blind, you have to visually spot them again. If you take them first, you just look them as you step up and draw.

Stage 3, I'm not sure there was a perfect way for everyone here, but I see that lots of folks walked up took 2 targets on one side, 2 on the other, then center steel. A better approach would have been, 2 targets on one side, first steel, then 2 targets on other side. You are walking your muzzle right over it and you need to wait for it fall to get the second steel so might as well hit it as you swing by and do something else while its falling.

Stage 4, there is no good plan, specially with 10 rounds. You just do lots of standing reloads and that sucks. The weakest stage of the match.

Stage 6, there was a lot of hidden time to be picked up here. I'm no sure if my way was the best, but I liked it (except I clipped a no shoot). First, I think everyone picked up the bag too early, I took the 2 right targets freestyle (both hands on the gun), then just reached behind me with my left hand to grab the bag. Secondly people where too worried about using the handles and getting them just right. Just grab the bag anywhere, it isn't a night out in the town. For my part, I took the left target, then the next two left ones around the wall, whipped my hand behind me and grabbed the bag, two left targets strong hand only, drop mag as I drop the bag in the barrel, reload coming into the left solo paper, right paper through the port, right paper outside the port as I walk to it, 3 right steel from outside the port, reload, left paper through the port, 3 left steel through the port, swinger. The reason I did it this way is economy of motion, if my muzzle passes over a target and it isn't a particularly harder shot that way, I'll just take it.

Stage 7, The texas star gets always shot from the top down. You don't need to clear it in any particular order, its not like you get style points of clearing it by going around it. You always shoot the highest plate because gravity will slow it down if you do that, and accelerate it if you shoot the lower plates while there is weight up top. Another lesson for that stage is that if you have to stop at a precise spot to see some targets (like the second array of one paper on steel that you can only see from a narrow area, don't look for the targets themselves, almost everyone that does overruns them and has to move back a bit. Instead, during the walk through find the right spot, and look down: Find a spot on the ground that you can later reference such us "If my left foot is on this spike, or at this end of this fault line, or by this depression in the dirt, then I'm the right spot". Then when you run the stage you can just go to that spot, which you can look for as you approach it, and you will be in the right place. Otherwise you are waiting to stop when you see the targets but you have momentum, it carries you past them, and you have to move back.

Here is the great news though. It looks like all of you are very safe, and improving with every match. I'm glad you guys are joining us and I hope to see you all in 2 weeks at CJ.

thanks Vlad. I have no clue why I lock my elbows. =) Will work on it. Yes on the star... I know to shoot it top down, but this weighted version totally messed with my head and it all went out the window. =)

now that I got an idea of how the mags for the new blaster work... will be focusing on the arm positioning and reloads. I am noticing I swing the gun way too much, instead of just bringing up the new mag.

Krdshrk, I think you are leaning to far forward. Bringing your center of gravity lower is good, but I think you are trying to fold yourself. Try keeping your shoulders just forward of you hips and lower more from the knees then waist. Also I can't quite tell, but is your left hand really involved in the grip? It looks to me like it mostly touches your right hand but not the gun, I would move it further up

Thanks, Vlad. Yeah - I need to work on my grip/stance the most. I was told I stand too straight, so I started lowering my center of gravity. Maybe a bit too much - i'll work on it :)