If you ride there is a place in West Milford called the Mountain Rest Inn.

Fun place, mostly Bikes, usually of the Harley Davidson variety, they are listed at an INN, Bar, Entertainment, Food, and Shooting. Never seen any shooting range or anyone shooting in general, but have been going there for years, if you on a HD or other custom bike and not worried about an old run down place that's motto is " Cold Food, Warm Beer, Ugly Owner" All untrue except for the ugly owner part. Some pretty good bands, and a relaxing time. May see patched people there to your weekend rider, but have never seen any problems at all, sort of like the Switzerland of the biker community.

Not a place for everyone, but if that's you thing, you owe the place at least a visit on a nice weekend when they have entertainment.

Harry

If you ride there is a place in West Milford called the Mountain Rest Inn.

Fun place, mostly Bikes, usually of the Harley Davidson variety, they are listed at an INN, Bar, Entertainment, Food, and Shooting. Never seen any shooting range or anyone shooting in general, but have been going there for years, if you on a HD or other custom bike and not worried about an old run down place that's motto is " Cold Food, Warm Beer, Ugly Owner" All untrue except for the ugly owner part. Some pretty good bands, and a relaxing time. May see patched people there to your weekend rider, but have never seen any problems at all, sort of like the Switzerland of the biker community.

Not a place for everyone, but if that's you thing, you owe the place at least a visit on a nice weekend when they have entertainment.

Harry

I can't show up on my Honda Interceptor?

I can't show up on my Honda Interceptor?

I do say i have seen other types of bike there, and you can really show up in anything, it's all about 2 wheels anyway. It's just that some other bike riders may not feel as comfortable in the element that is there, it's not like anyone is going to say anything, it's just a friendly place, it's just not the norm.

Harry

I do say i have seen other types of bike there, and you can really show up in anything, it's all about 2 wheels anyway. It's just that some other bike riders may not feel as comfortable in the element that is there, it's not like anyone is going to say anything, it's just a friendly place, it's just not the norm.

Harry

Harry- I pasted there yesterday. We've been there with sport bikes and it's all cool. If you're expecting Americade you will feel out of place.

If you were to the original Laconia's, it doesn't matter what you ride.

I kinda look like Richie from Manx on the lighter side but ride an FZ1 and it's all good. If you ride a $25k Harley and are a posser you're fresh meat.

Mountain Rest is motorcycle Americana.

Harry- I pasted there yesterday. We've been there with sport bikes and it's all cool. If you're expecting Americade you will feel out of place.

If you were to the original Laconia's, it doesn't matter what you ride.

I kinda look like Richie from Manx on the lighter side but ride an FZ1 and it's all good. If you ride a $25k Harley and are a posser you're fresh meat.

Mountain Rest is motorcycle Americana.

You guy sand your sport bikes, man I will say even though they are not my style and I just chose not to ride one, I am very impressed by there performance. I grew up building old rigid chops both HD and Triumph. I am more of a sit back relax and enjoy whats around me, but the sport bikes I would get hurt on, just knowing I could twist the wick and turn telephone pols into picket fences or lend them till my knees scrape to road is just more than I need. I know my limitations and even though I push the Harley from time to time it's nothing compared to them or the wingers who have very impressive performance.

As far as being a poser, I am what I am, I ride what i ride, don't really give a crap what anyone rides, but I do get a kick out of the new rider these days. I was on my way to a weekend party in IL a bunch of years ago. I stopped in a Denny's in WV for lunch and here is this big motor home with tandem axle trailer. I won't fault anyone for putting their bike on a trailer but they come out, 2 guys and there other half's all decked out in leathers, chaps, looking like they just rode all night long. I did have to laugh at that if you know what I mean.

I did all the big runs years ago, way too many trailer queens and people who don't know how to ride and just drink get drunk, try and ride and hurt themselves or someone else so I gave up on them years ago.

I would say, lets go for a ride, but not to every offend anyone I don't really ride with others, I find I like to make my own pace, stop when I want and if doing X-country I usually do 16 to 20 hours the first day to make good time and most don't like doing that. Plus there are only about 5 people I will ride with, but they are the type that will do 2 per lane handlebar to handlebar types and we know each other very well and our riding abilities. however if you see me on the bike at one of the ranges, please come up introduce yourself, I am not an unfriendly guy at all.

I just guess I am set in my ways, how I ride and where I ride and been doing it that way long before bikes, especially HD and Customs became a fad. Like they say, 25 Miles and 25 grand don't make you a biker. :sarcastichand:

Harry