First off, sorry for asking so many questions in such a short time, but I am new to all of this. Obviously, NJ doesn't have any gun shows, but I know PA does. The question I have is, supposing we're looking at guns that are NJ friendly at said show, could we buy them? What paperwork would we need? etc. etc.

And if we can, When/where are some good gun shows in PA or Deleware, and when would the be occurring?

Here you go :

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/penn.htm

You can buy long guns at PA Gun Shows, you ll need your FID and COE for NJ (have printed copies in case the seller doesn`t have them).

As added by others: You can only buy long guns (no handguns) form an FFL , not from an individual).

You can see a lot of MilSurps there and that s the only thing i buy there.

For all other guns..........i try to support local NJ FFL`s...........i recommend you do the same.

Here you go :

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/penn.htm

You can buy long guns at PA Gun Shows, you ll need your FID and COE for NJ (have printed copies in case the seller doesn`t have them).

You can see a lot of MilSurps there and that s the only thing i buy there.

For all other guns..........i try to support local NJ FFL`s...........i recommend you do the same.

Same, I really like Bob's little sport shop, they're great folks there. Milsurp is pretty much my main area of interest, hence why I want to go to gun shows, I know I've seen things like mausers at Ed's gun store near me, but I don't see as much milsurp at the local shops.

Upcoming shows for June:

4&5 - Philly NG Armory - Appalachain Promotions

4&5 - Oaks, PA - Eagle Arms Promotions

11-12 - Harrisburg - Mid-Atlantic Arms Collectors (MAAC)

17-19 Valley Forge - VF Gun Collectors

This is true, however I never had a dealer want to do the COE out of state. They said they didn't need to as it was a NJ form and they are not in NJ.

Good to have them with you though.

Just remember you can only buy long guns from a PA FFL as you can not buy a long gun from an individual since your not a PA state resident. Just something to keep in mind

See, now I'm glad I asked. I was wondering because it seems like some people have bought some nice longarms for cheap, and I figured if they were getting good deals, they were likely buying from an individual.

So if I go to a gunshow, then that means I can only buy at tables run by FFL holders. This is part of the reason I'm asking, to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

I thought if you bought from an individual you would have to have it shipped to a NJ FFL holder?

Any way, I went to the one in VF in April. Had a great time, good prices, and the window shopping is fun as hell. Totally worth going to again.

Google NJ SP 634. You should get the PDF version of the Certificate of Eligibility. Vlad gave me the link in chat one night, and I just saved it to my Desktop.

I thought if you bought from an individual you would have to have it shipped to a NJ FFL holder?

Half true. You can go that route. You can also buy from an individual and have it transferred through a PA dealer if they are willing to do it at the show.

Half true. You can go that route. You can also buy from an individual and have it transferred through a PA dealer if they are willing to do it at the show.

Some dealers will do transfers for different state transactions at PA shows others will not. I find it usually comes down to whether or not the dealer knows the seller, I think they are worried about the gun being stolen if they don't know the seller. Typical fee is $20-25 including NICS.

In NY all firearm transactions at gun shows are required to go through FFL's regardless of where the buyer and seller live.