NicePants

Rock Island Armory

The only issue i ever had with my RIA is magazine related.For some reason it doesn't like Wilson Combat.(weird i know)I've shot well over 1000 rounds thru it and it cycles fine.I think I paid under $500.00 for it.In my humble opinion its a great gun. :icon_mrgreen:

I probably should've scrolled down a bit before making this topic. :icon_mrgreen:

How much did you pay for it?

I think $450+shipping+FFL/NICS, came out to a little over $500. Added about $70 in parts (recoil spring bushing, grips, and new guide rod)

The only issue i ever had with my RIA is magazine related.For some reason it doesn't like Wilson Combat.(weird i know)I've shot well over 1000 rounds thru it and it cycles fine.I think I paid under $500.00 for it.In my humble opinion its a great gun. :icon_mrgreen:

Mine loves my one Wilson Combat that I have.

I have a RIA 9mm Tactical 1911 and LOVE it! It is my first 1911 and it took me a box of ammo to get use to the feel of the gun. After that I had night tight groupings. I was a bit nerveous about buying the least expensive model 1911 I could find but I am so glad I did! This gun functions flawlessly and looks great while doing it. Good luck!

-Scott

post-1333-0-69271400-1311436617_thumb.jpg

Just wondering if everything compatable with other 1911 parts? So that I could change the trigger and hamer on it? Mags any 1911 mag? Same for the 9mm, any 9mm 1911 mags? Parts interchangeable?

The parts are all interchangable. As far as I can tell, and I am no gunsmith, the internals all look to be the same as any 1911.

-Scott

I want one myself. Saw one for $350 at gun show, was gone once I made up my mind and went back. They have tons of them at Sarco, Easton. But they all have $50 added to the price IMO.

$350 for the 9mm Tactical model is pretty cheap! I never saw them that low for a NIB pistol. I know Tony at TJ sporting arms gave me the lowest local price around and it was a little bit higher then that if I recall.

-Scott

i'm suprized more haven't jumped on these, i have been doing alot of research on the ria and they seem like a great intro. into the 1911 world. i will be picking one up soon, cant wait to get it, fluff and buff a littlle and take it to the range...

$350 for the 9mm Tactical model is pretty cheap! I never saw them that low for a NIB pistol. I know Tony at TJ sporting arms gave me the lowest local price around and it was a little bit higher then that if I recall.

-Scott

I'm sorry, it was a plain Jane .45.