I blame the captian of the ady gil for its demise, he put it in harms way..

playing with these ships is dangerous buisness, these are not small runabouts that can manouver easily.

It takes a long time to stop a ship so if something is dead in the water and in its way that is not good sitution..

I am impressed on the speed and ajility these large fishing vessels do have but should not be taken for granted.. especialy if you have been fouling the running gear to said ship.

I've watched the video of the wreck, and the captain of the ady gil did in fact ram the Jap vessel. Its pretty easy to see on the video's posted. He sits motionless until the boat comes up along side and you can clearly see the engines power up from the wake behind the ady gil. Not sure what end result they were looking for, but they cut there own heads off on that one.

They are not allowed to legally whale for commercial purposes, research only.. from what i understand. Which is what they signed in concern to the IWC.

According to WHOM??? there is no "Whale Police" to stop them from whaling in international waters. They limit themselves to the impositions of the IWC by Choice. YES they harvest the whales, YES they do sell a portion of the meat, would it be better if they just dumped the carcasses over the side? (or down the ramp as the case is with a Whaling Processor" The simple fact is Commercial Whaling managed to feed a significant portion of Europe after WWII, and the whales were certainly overfished (Mammaled??) but the fact remains that the species of whales they atke are the most Prolific (600,000+ at last survey) and the number they take <900 leaves the species in a VERY sustainable position, and the accusations that they are "Decimating the Whales" to be both Spurious, and ridiculous. Like it or not, the Japanese are acting within the letter and Color of the IWC, and the Sea Sh...ipheads are committing Piracy. IMO they SHOULD be dealt with in the same manner the French Navy dealt with the Rainbow Warrior.

According to WHOM??? there is no "Whale Police" to stop them from whaling in international waters. They limit themselves to the impositions of the IWC by Choice. YES they harvest the whales, YES they do sell a portion of the meat, would it be better if they just dumped the carcasses over the side? (or down the ramp as the case is with a Whaling Processor" The simple fact is Commercial Whaling managed to feed a significant portion of Europe after WWII, and the whales were certainly overfished (Mammaled??) but the fact remains that the species of whales they atke are the most Prolific (600,000+ at last survey) and the number they take <900 leaves the species in a VERY sustainable position, and the accusations that they are "Decimating the Whales" to be both Spurious, and ridiculous. Like it or not, the Japanese are acting within the letter and Color of the IWC, and the Sea Sh...ipheads are committing Piracy. IMO they SHOULD be dealt with in the same manner the French Navy dealt with the Rainbow Warrior.

THE IWC has put a ban on all commercial whaling in the south where this is taking place, and there are no current up to date surveys on the minke whale as of now, the last one took place almost 20 years ago. If people are going to take the stand point that what they are doing is OK and who is going to stop them, then the same could be said for the Sea Shepherd. Like i said before, there is no reason to kill the animal you are studying... i see people catch and release 20 foot great whites and get 1,000 times more data then these guys are pretending to do... what are they researching? if there going to commercial whale fine by me but don't pretend what your doing is for a greater good, dont pretend to be part of the IWC as a front for commercial whaling.

They are enviro terrorist. I hope to see Japan start shooting at them one of these days :)

BTW, I am a member of PETA..............................People for the Eating of Tasty Animals

Ken

Captian dipshit was shot about 3 years ago..