Old Glock guy

New member day today at Cherry Ridge

Does anyone know around what time the crowds start to thin out?

Monday.

That said, I've never had to wait for a port at pistols. I've been there when people have had to wait...I guess just get a port before 11am and you'll be ok. from 11-2 it's a madhouse.

i was there for orientation today. There had to be 150 people joining. Im curious as to how many active shooting members there are on the rolls.

If they average 100 people a month joining x 12 months thats 1200 people. I dont see how the range can accommodate all those people not including the

folks that are already members. Anyone now approx how many member there are ? AT that rate there must be thousands .

For future reference, I got up there around 3:30 today, and by then the crowds were mostly dissipated. There were just a handful of people on the HG range, and the 100 yard range looked similar. Plus, the rain held out, so everything worked out OK for me.

Anyone now approx how many member there are ? AT that rate there must be thousands .

When I joined (a couple months shy of 2 years ago), I believe the number was just over 5000. Hard to say how many people renew every year and what not, but I wouldn't be surprised if the number is over 7000 at this point.

I overheard from some of the elitest at one of the work weekends that the membership # was a running "inside" joke as no one really knew cause the system was so f'd up (really?). Could be 4000, maybe 12000! Memberships expire but not taken off list, new ones take months to add or even dbld up....Am curious as to how the new system is doing and what the actuall floating number is. Dont forget not every member shoots all the time. Some go 2-3 times a yr others 2 times a week altho it can seem like everyone goes on the weekends at times! I NEVER go on weekends so my perspective of crowds is very different from what I hear about, almost seems like I go to a different range when you go Mon-Fri.

Around, somewhere near, about... Truth is they don't know at all.

As stated before, I have three member numbers. I still have not received an email back from my emails to "membership@..." I'm about right at "Piss off and Pound Sand" - especially with Mr. OneHundredAndFiftyThousand Bach. In this age, where people are going without, 10% (plus... or maybe minus) unemployment - we have an "Executive Director" who remains REMAINS as the President as well, until his term is up - oh yeah, AND he has a full time law practice which he is NOT closing, and they can't manage to sift through a collection of index cards and make a database? I could have had a summer intern do it in a week! For FREE, and they could have cross checked names, birthdates and addresses...

so yeah about, somewhere around, approximately, just about XXXXX members.

My guess is as follows:

Each sign up Sunday (of which there are 12) have an average of 150 people in attendance. 100% of these people are new members - no one would sit through that safety briefing more times than they ever had to.

I assume they have a retention rate of about 60% (which I believe is extremely conservative).

Math: New members = 1800 per year, if we assume only 60% retention then there are 1080 retained in the first year alone. Each year the roll continues to increase. In 10 yrs it would look like this:

first year 1800

second yr 1800 new + 1080 renewals = 2880

third yr 1800 new + 1728 renewals (60% of 2880) = 3528

fourth yr 1800 new + 2116 renewals = 3916

fifth yr 1800 new + 2349 renewals = 4149

sixth yr 1800 new + 2489 renewals = 4289

seventh yr 1800 new + 2573 renewals = 4373

eighth yr 1800 new + 2623 renewals = 4423

ninth yr 1800 new + 2653 renewals = 4453

tenth yr 1800 new + 2671 renewals = 4471

OH - Cherry Ridge has been in existence since when??????????

Around, somewhere near, about... Truth is they don't know at all.

As stated before, I have three member numbers. I still have not received an email back from my emails to "membership@..." I'm about right at "Piss off and Pound Sand" - especially with Mr. OneHundredAndFiftyThousand Bach. In this age, where people are going without, 10% (plus... or maybe minus) unemployment - we have an "Executive Director" who remains REMAINS as the President as well, until his term is up - oh yeah, AND he has a full time law practice which he is NOT closing, and they can't manage to sift through a collection of index cards and make a database? I could have had a summer intern do it in a week! For FREE, and they could have cross checked names, birthdates and addresses...

so yeah about, somewhere around, approximately, just about XXXXX members.

My guess is as follows:

Each sign up Sunday (of which there are 12) have an average of 150 people in attendance. 100% of these people are new members - no one would sit through that safety briefing more times than they ever had to.

I assume they have a retention rate of about 60% (which I believe is extremely conservative).

Math: New members = 1800 per year, if we assume only 60% retention then there are 1080 retained in the first year alone. Each year the roll continues to increase. In 10 yrs it would look like this:

first year 1800

second yr 1800 new + 1080 renewals = 2880

third yr 1800 new + 1728 renewals (60% of 2880) = 3528

fourth yr 1800 new + 2116 renewals = 3916

fifth yr 1800 new + 2349 renewals = 4149

sixth yr 1800 new + 2489 renewals = 4289

seventh yr 1800 new + 2573 renewals = 4373

OH - Cherry Ridge has been in existence since when??????????

Thats about what i was thinking... Now go figure the amount of money crossing the table..

I read in a post here that there are clay bird throwers that dont get used.. would be nice to put them to use

for the general membership. Unless they are saving them for posterity. Even if they charged a SMALL fee to use them

to cover repairs/replacement etc.

With a 60% retention and 150 new per month, membership will stabilize at 4499, permanently.

With a 60% retention and 150 new per month, membership will stabilize at 4499, permanently.

Agreed - if new members remain at 1800 per year. If however it jumps to 2000 this year, or the retention rate adjusts...

In any case, they're raking in huge funds.

$210*1800 = $378,000 plus $105*2699 = $283,395 - total per year = $661,395

Amount expended per year = ?

Agreed - if new members remain at 1800 per year. If however it jumps to 2000 this year, or the retention rate adjusts...

In any case, they're raking in huge funds.

$210*1800 = $378,000 plus $105*2699 = $283,395 - total per year = $661,395

Amount expended per year = ?

150k for Scott Bach

How much do they pay Rangemaster Scott? 50k?

Plus the other ROs, maybe 150k combined

100k in range upkeep

200k left. Per year.

Wild a** guesses of course.

150k for Scott Bach

How much do they pay Rangemaster Scott? 50k?

Plus the other ROs, maybe 150k combined

100k in range upkeep

200k left. Per year.

Wild a** guesses of course.

I think you are being excessively generous toward the rangemaster and ro's. Further, I think they're about half what you project on upkeep. That alone added 50% to the "leftover".

Yes - agreed, all WAG.

oneshot your expecting wayyyyyyyyy to much of ANJRPC. You would expect them to not be like our government when in fact they are EXACTLY like our government.

Through the grapevine I've heard that ANJRPC holds several bank accounts and as of about a year ago just one of those bank accounts held over 600k.

So we got all this money in the bank and we arn't doing **** with it. We arn't making the range any better to draw more people to the range. We have very little lawsuits going on right now and none of which IMO that ANJRPC is spearheading. The CCW one they literally jumped on the back of the second amendment foundation and then said they did all the work.

It's a complete joke which I keep saying yet no one listens lol

Also Dan I think your numbers are slightly off. Cherry Ridge hasn't been having that sort of turn out for 10 years. They only saw the start of that turn out about a year before Obama's election. So your only looking at about 5 years of this serious growth. Whereas your membership numbers are off, your gross income numbers probably arn't too far off since we get donations, contributions from the NRA (supposedly) among other things.

You can't see the accounting because even ANJRPC doesn't even know what they have.

And like Dan said, it would of taken 2 college aged interns a few weeks to sort through the membership problem. Yet we are paying an outside firm to take care of it. You could of offered a free 2 year membership to two people to input the information and I know I probably would of done it in a heartbeat. But that would require ANJRPC to be proactive and they are anything but.

Blegh the foundation makes me sick

You can't see the accounting because even ANJRPC doesn't even know what they have.

And like Dan said, it would of taken 2 college aged interns a few weeks to sort through the membership problem. Yet we are paying an outside firm to take care of it. You could of offered a free 2 year membership to two people to input the information and I know I probably would of done it in a heartbeat. But that would require ANJRPC to be proactive and they are anything but.

Blegh the foundation makes me sick

+100

Funny, I get emails such as "Nappen goes after gun buybacks" but I can't get a reply to "[email protected]". If I don't get anything by the end of the week, I will email Larry B as he got me into this carphole.

I just want to throw this out there, It looks like they're starting to get the membership cards under control (new ones anyway). I joined in July and got my card 2 days ago. Granted, i could be a lucky one and the older ones are still FUBAR lol.

just a little food for thought.

Wayne Lapierre who handles all of the NRA including it's bazillion members and every state makes about 970k salary plus compensations puts him over 1 million dollars for a single year.

Scott Bach who supposedly handles maybe 4k members and one state makes 150k

Seems a little lopsided to me. Seems we should be paying Bach about 50k a year :p

But damn, a million bucks for Lapierre that's INSANE!

But damn, a million bucks for Lapierre that's INSANE!

But that's ALL he does. He doesn't have a law practice on the side, doesn't teach firearms training on the side, mow lawns or paint houses... He's fully dedicated to the job.

1 Mil divided by 50 states = $20,000 per state, actually, it's more like 1 mil divided by 49 states (deduct NJ from the mix since NRA doesn't do shyt here)...

I would be ok with giving Bach $20k per yr.

But that's ALL he does. He doesn't have a law practice on the side, doesn't teach firearms training on the side, mow lawns or paint houses... He's fully dedicated to the job.

1 Mil divided by 50 states = $20,000 per state, actually, it's more like 1 mil divided by 49 states (deduct NJ from the mix since NRA doesn't do shyt here)...

I would be ok with giving Bach $20k per yr.

I have no issue with the president(or whatever title they're calling him now) of ANJRPC getting 150k a year if that's his sole job. Right now, it's a part time gig since he already has a job.

its only 135 for a renewal but I still hear you.

But they will NEVER I repeat NEVER EVER NOT A POSSIBILITY EVER are going to have an indoor range at CR. So if that's your criteria, I would start looking at Shongum or elsewhere.

M

But they will NEVER I repeat NEVER EVER NOT A POSSIBILITY EVER are going to have an indoor range at CR. So if that's your criteria, I would start looking at Shongum or elsewhere.

M

I've heard a bunch of people say that, but what is their opposition to building an indoor range? I always figured it was because of cost, but that doesn't seem to be the case - at least these days.

Cost, Space, and they absolutely refuse to do anything at that place that will even cause a ripple in their day to day activities. They are afraid if they let the town on their property they are going to get shut down. Among many other things