jeklog

how long of a wait do you really have to wait?

good evening ladies and gents! how long of a wait do you really have to wait? after you submit your papers to get an FID and a pistol purchase permit, you wait for a sched to be finger printed! after you get your finger print done, you wait for a letter from PD to pick up your FID and permit! Now you have your FID and P2P and decided which gun you want, another wait! Is it a few days to wait for a handgun order? now i know its not! so how many weeks do you have to wait for a handgun order? should i keep waiting? or should i just shop somewhere else? can't wait to shoot and hear the bullet hopefully hit the metal plate!

Lot's of topics on this subject around here, happy reading. Want some advice? Put $100 a week into an envelope while you wait for your permits. Go to places like Shore Shot and rent guns that interest you and shoot them, you'll find what you do and don't like. Have patience, it could take four weeks to one year, depends on where you live........... You'll be glad you put that money aside too. :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for your reply, i am on the last waiting part! decided on a handgun and went to a local gunstore but they din't have what i wanted to buy, person said it would take a few days. few days is not a lot to wait but when weeks pass by and no one is calling? i called the store one time and was told that it haven't come in yet. waiting kills the excitement! i am patiently waiting and don't want to keep calling the store and be on somones badside but is two weeks not long enough? not nice to expect something, if it is coming or not, should i just shop somewhere else? how long does one really wait for a handgun order to arrive? thank you! have a nice evening ladies and gents!

Thanks for your reply, i am on the last waiting part! decided on a handgun and went to a local gunstore but they din't have what i wanted to buy, person said it would take a few days. few days is not a lot to wait but when weeks pass by and no one is calling? i called the store one time and was told that it haven't come in yet. waiting kills the excitement! i am patiently waiting and don't want to keep calling the store and be on somones badside but is two weeks not long enough? not nice to expect something, if it is coming or not, should i just shop somewhere else? how long does one really wait for a handgun order to arrive? thank you! have a nice evening ladies and gents!

What are you trying to get?

$531 plus shipping and you can have it in 4 days from Bud's. $600 from Cabela's and they usually ship it out next day.

Thank you much for this info! i guess the person that i spoke to, didn't try to help me at all, i am probably waiting for a phonecall that will never happen. thank you sir!

I would use a ffl/ dealer from the forum. You will be shocked at the local prices you can get. For the same $531 from buds, you then have to pay transfer and nics. I bet you can find the same gun for a relative price locally.

I would use a ffl/ dealer from the forum. You will be shocked at the local prices you can get. For the same $531 from buds, you then have to pay transfer and nics. I bet you can find the same gun for a relative price locally.

That's a fact, also the local FFL can't stay in business if we don't support them.

I have done business 3 different ones this year I would never have a problem recommending them or going back to them.

Harry

good evening! passing by another local shop, people were really nice and helpful. been hoping really for a glock 22 gen4 but decided to take a glock 19, a compact and not a gen4. i am happy with it! would like a full size glock, but i guess it won't be the first and last purchase. i took it home with me and can't wait to hit that metal plate, Thank you for your replies,ideas and suggestions everyone!