Underdog

Beretta 92 Compact

Does anyone have a strong opinion/mini-review on the 92FS Compact? Will it take the full-size 15-round magazines? Can the sights be changed out? Is the trigger reach, especially when firing double action as long as the 92FS? Is the hand grip the same large size as the full-size 92?

I wonder if they will make a 92FSA1 Compact...

alot of questions for one post.......

it will take full size mags. theyll stick out the bottom

the rear site can be changed, the front is integral with the slide

trigger/grip dimensions are the same as a full size 92, other then the length of the grip being shorter

beretta is the finest pistol made, with the best ergonomics i have ever seen. whenever i hold my 92, it feels like it was made specifically for my hands. i just got a used type M, which is a compact single stack. theyre not made anymore, unlike the compact type L, which is the double stack version. i only got it because theyre not made, hard to find, and a bit lighter and easier to conceal.

having held both, the type L is much closer to the 92, and feels better in my hands. if you have smaller hands, the type M may fit better.

Ok... here is my diveregent view. The 92 SERIES pistols are a good design with some flaws. The grip is big in full size. The m single stacks are nicer to hold, but lack capacity of course. The DA trigger on 92 pistols is long yet not that strong. I have issues with is the slide mounted safety which I think is in an awkward spot and requires your hand to move on the grip to manipulate.

I like the 92 series but I prefer the taurus version for actual shooting due to frame mounted safety allowing condition 1 carry.

But I would rather have a hipower if a steel high cap was needed.

If you want a 92 commpact I would hop to it. Apperentyl Beretta had no knowledge the pistol was being sold in the US. After the current stock is sold they will not be selling the 92 compact in the states anymore. Mind you this is from an article and the beretta forums. Ill try and find the origal post.

If you want a 92 commpact I would hop to it. Apperentyl Beretta had no knowledge the pistol was being sold in the US. After the current stock is sold they will not be selling the 92 compact in the states anymore. Mind you this is from an article and the beretta forums. Ill try and find the origal post.

Now THAT! is interesting... i mean how did they possibly get here with out them knowing?

This is from a few other fourms. I am not sure how much is true. It may be just a rumor. I wouldnt mind getting one myself.

(Taken from a couple other forums with same topic.)

The 92 compact hasn't been imported in over 10 years. A couple of months ago - pow, they just appeared out of the blue. Beretta reps had no knowledge of them even being on store shelves, and there was no mention of it at the Shotshow or on the Beretta website.

Bud's had them first, and now Academy, Carter Country and a few other places.

Not sure how long these will be available, and then they may be gone for a long time again.

That would be in interesting marketing rumor for sales. If the grip-pistol relationship is the same it won't help me. It would be just as good to stick with the full size, for parts, etc. I may look into the Cougar, though. I have felt the 8000 grip and it is better for me.

I cannot seem to find a Cougar 8045 or a Stoeger Cougar 8045 (which can attach a flash light). They appear to be out of stock, everywhere.

I had my hands on a Beretta 92 Compact and it is nice, however, the grip/trigger dimensions are the same as the larger. So, unless you wanted it for holstering... still a little too big for concealed carry, but better... you would probably benefit from the larger one. Also, the front sight is not removable.

I have a 92SB Compact, modified with Millett sights and trigger job. It is much smaller than a 92 and the grip much shorter. The factory mags are 13 rounds. Some aftermarket are 15 but I have had some stoppages with them, while it has never failed to fire with factory mags. I find it harder to shoot than a full size 92 just because the sight radius is shorter, but is is comfortable and no problem.

I have a 92SB Compact, modified with Millett sights and trigger job. It is much smaller than a 92 and the grip much shorter. The factory mags are 13 rounds. Some aftermarket are 15 but I have had some stoppages with them, while it has never failed to fire with factory mags. I find it harder to shoot than a full size 92 just because the sight radius is shorter, but is is comfortable and no problem.

Any pics dude