MedicYeti

First Aid Training

Greetings. A different thread motivated me to start this one.

I am a practicing paramedic, paramedic instructor, emt instructor and instructor for the American Heart Association.

If there is interest I would be willing to hold an informal first aid class, covering some of the basics along with a little of the goary stuff.

I'm in Cape May County but would be willing to do some travel for this.

Let me know if your interested.

• Like 2

Greetings. A different thread motivated me to start this one.

I am a practicing paramedic, paramedic instructor, emt instructor and instructor for the American Heart Association.

If there is interest I would be willing to hold an informal first aid class, covering some of the basics along with a little of the goary stuff.

I'm in Cape May County but would be willing to do some travel for this.

Let me know if your interested.

Very cool, not in your area so i wouldn't be able to attend, however thats a very nice offer.

One thing you or maybe some of the other people here in the medical field might want to do is post up a list for first aid kits. More along the lines of what this group of folks should have with them when going to the range or hunting. I know we have had similar talks about tool kits for cross country bike rides and it was an eye opener for a lot of riders, might be the same here on this topic.

Harry

Ok. How about Friday October 21 or Saturday Oct 22? Evening? I figure the class would take 3-4 hours. We can hold it at my place in Cape May Court House (got wife approaval) 08210.

To those who have offered help, I appreciate it and will let you know, it will depend on enrollment.

Let me know, the dates are open to discussion. If you are going to attend PM me and I'll give you my address, I don't want to openly post it.

Ron.

Would anyone know of any first aid classes in north Jersey? I've had plenty of training in CPR, so I would be more interested in learning to treat trauma.

A lot of the first aid squads and FDs in my area offer classes. Might wanna check around with them. Also, I think that the YMCAs do as well.