RAL1979

Greetings From Highland Lakes

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, and soon to be new to gun ownership. I have shot for many years, but I am currently in the process of acquiring my FID and Handgun Permits. This seems like a very informative site and I hope to contribute in the future. Anybody out there ever deal with Vernon Police Dept. as far as getting firearms permits? I submitted all of my paperwork about two weeks ago, and my references have yet to be contacted. I'm sure the hurricane had something to do with it, but who knows. Just wondering what to expect from them.

Hi,

Welcome, neighbor :).

Your firearms purchaser ID will take roughly 90-100 days. The PD sits on them for 60 days and blames it on the FBI or at least that was my experience. It's been a few years, maybe you'll get lucky. My purchaser ID took 104 days.

Subsequent pistol permits take about a month.

Are you planning on joining Cherry Ridge?

Without being specific, as this is an open forum, what part of the town are you in? I'm just off the main lake, west side.

If you'd like to run down to CR and pop off some rounds, I'm available tomorrow morning.

oye..that's a long a** time. Hope they get a move on it. Yeah I plan on joining CR, but I want to wait until I have something of my own to shoot with. And I am on the East side of the Main Lake, beautiful up there isn't it

Hi,

Welcome, neighbor :).

Your firearms purchaser ID will take roughly 90-100 days. The PD sits on them for 60 days and blames it on the FBI or at least that was my experience. It's been a few years, maybe you'll get lucky. My purchaser ID took 104 days.

Subsequent pistol permits take about a month.

Are you planning on joining Cherry Ridge?

Without being specific, as this is an open forum, what part of the town are you in? I'm just off the main lake, west side.

If you'd like to run down to CR and pop off some rounds, I'm available tomorrow morning.

oye..that's a long a** time. Hope they get a move on it. Yeah I plan on joining CR, but I want to wait until I have something of my own to shoot with. And I am on the East side of the Main Lake, beautiful up there isn't it

Yeah, it's nice up here, cept that Barret road, 94, maple grange got washed out, Breakneck has a new tunnel under it, seen here http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/irene/breakneck1.jpg and here http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/irene/breakneck.jpg

Then we get the ever present 400lb eating machines all the time. I've got bars on my kitchen window after one attempted to get in.

But yeah, in general, it's pretty nice up here.

Yeah, it's nice up here, cept that Barret road, 94, maple grange got washed out, Breakneck has a new tunnel under it, seen here http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/irene/breakneck1.jpg and here http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/irene/breakneck.jpg

Then we get the ever present 400lb eating machines all the time. I've got bars on my kitchen window after one attempted to get in.

But yeah, in general, it's pretty nice up here.

I haven't seen as many this year as I ususally do, maybe the hunt worked a bit. Once I get equipped, I'll hit you up and maybe send a few down range at CR.

I haven't seen as many this year as I ususally do, maybe the hunt worked a bit. Once I get equipped, I'll hit you up and maybe send a few down range at CR.

Well, you don't have to be bashful :). Many of the folks on here can vouch that I don't bite. I don't mind other people shooting my guns. I realize it can be intimidating the first time out to a range with a stranger, but it's one of the safest places in the world. Everyone is armed :)

Well, you don't have to be bashful :). Many of the folks on here can vouch that I don't bite. I don't mind other people shooting my guns. I realize it can be intimidating the first time out to a range with a stranger, but it's one of the safest places in the world. Everyone is armed :)

Kinda funny watching this playout online yet again. Mark met me at Cherry Ridge in 2009 I believe as I was a new shooter. He's good people, no worries.

Haha thanks, I appreciate the invite; will take you up on it one of these days. I work Wednesday thru Sunday until midnight, plus random overtime, so my schedule is a little screwy, but at least I have time during the day pretty much all week.