Underdog

G19 Question

I was unable to get the slide back onto a Glock 19 GEN 4, last night,after breaking down the gun. It goes on 99% of the way, but does not click at the very end and lock back into place. Does anybody have any thoughts, or advice?

I have easily done this on a Glock 23 GEN 3 numerous times. I have never had a problem in breaking it down and cleaning it and then putting the slide back on.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I was unable to get the slide back onto a Glock 19 GEN 4, last night,after breaking down the gun. It goes on 99% of the way, but does not click at the very end and lock back into place. Does anybody have any thoughts, or advice?

I have easily done this on a Glock 23 GEN 3 numerous times. I have never had a problem in breaking it down and cleaning it and then putting the slide back on.

Thanks!

Old School prolly knows. Are there any major differences between Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glocks when it comes to field stripping them?

• Like 1

That happens to me once and a while, pull the trigger and it'll come off.

I am not trying to take the slide off. I am trying to put it back on the gun and it just won't click into place at the end.

It shouldn't click into place at the end. The slide lock clicks into place once the barrel lug catches. Make sure the magazine is not in the gun. There are two notches on the barrel lug. Push the recoil spring into the lowest notch and center the spring. Start the slide and pull it toward the rear.

• Like 1

It shouldn't click into place at the end. The slide lock clicks into place once the barrel lug catches. Make sure the magazine is not in the gun. There are two notches on the barrel lug. Push the recoil spring into the lowest notch and center the spring. Start the slide and pull it toward the rear. Give me a call at 609-412-3955 if this fails.

Thank you. I will try tonight.

It shouldn't click into place at the end. The slide lock clicks into place once the barrel lug catches. Make sure the magazine is not in the gun. There are two notches on the barrel lug. Push the recoil spring into the lowest notch and center the spring. Start the slide and pull it toward the rear.

I was able to put it on with the magazine out, but I had to reset the trigger first, or it just wouldn't go on. Does that seem normal? I have the recoil spring in the correct position.

The mag should never be in. The slide should go on with the trigger in either position.

It won't go on with the trigger all the way back. It only goes on when the trigger is reset and ready to shoot.

Thank you all for your help. I can get the slide on every time, now, but I have to reset the trigger to shooting mode before putting the slide back on. It goes on smoothly. It is impossible to put it on with the tripped trigger position.

Thank you all for your help. I can get the slide on every time, now, but I have to reset the trigger to shooting mode before putting the slide back on. It goes on smoothly like that. It is impossible to put it on with the trigger in the tripped, all the way back position. This is completely different than the G3 Gen23 that slides on with the trigger in any position very easily.

Sorry. I just don't get it. There must be something wrong with it or you are just not pulling back hard enough. When I reset the trigger, it makes it harder to put the slide on. It should go on easily with the trigger pulled. Are you able to describe or take a picture at the point where the slide stops going on?

if the trigger is pulled and the slide will not slide back properly into place, push the connector towards the left side of the gun if you're looking at the gun from behind, if you push the the connector it will pop into place and you can slide it without a problem with the trigger pulled. goodluck!

i was thinking he pushed the trigger bar a little bit, if he did it pops and makes the connector slightly block the slide from sliding back. he has to push the connector towards the left if his looking at the rear of the gun, then it will pop connector and trigger guard are side by side now and the top part of connector won't be blocking the slide from slide all the way back into place.i actually thought i will have the same problem his having when i looked at mine this morning.

Paul,

I was having the same issue with my Gen4 G19. The trigger needed to be reset to get the slide all the way on. It was weird, totally different from older Gens and in my opinion, not needed. I could not figure out why, is the hammer slightly longer in the Gen4s versus older, is the angle different.

And I am not 100% certain it is in all Gen4s, I have heard report, yet have never seen one in person, that their are folks that do not need to reset their Gen4 triggers to put the slide back on.

I am sure you have one sitting around... what say you?

good morning all!!! hehehe very nice diagram, in my case when i read patriot oaks problem. i went to look at my g19 gen3, normally i don't really touch anything else but cleaning the barrel slide and brushing surface a little bit. while i was trying to see what could be patriot aoks problem, i was inspecting whatever i see, i was able to push the metal part connected to the trigger (i believe its number 18 and if i am not mistaken called the trigger bar?)it went forward and number 21( i believe this is the connector?) move to the right when 18 was move forward. after this happen number 21 top part will be obstructing the slide number 17 will touch the top portion of the connector 21 which will not make the slide go back to finalize your assembly. by pushing the only part that you see of nuber 21 towards the left, it will pop now 18 and 21 are side by side and top part of connector not blocking 17 part of the slide from sliding all the way back. i was thinking that this is what happen to patriot oak. my trigger is also in the pulled position. hope i could help and not cause confusion. have a great Sunday to all!

The connector should not move. It is in a fixed position. The trigger bar rides alongside the fixed connector which pushes the rear portion down when the trigger is pulled, dropping it off the striker. If anything needs to move, it is the slide from side to side. Just wiggle it on. I disassembled many Gen4 without a hitch. Without seeing it, IMHO something in Patriots Gen4 is bent. But if it works as is, so be it.