XDm9-3.8

Valley Forge Gun Show

Have never been to the Valley Forge show. It's this weekend again. Wondering about other experiences there. Good ammo deals (looking for 9 and 45)? Also looking to add a .22, want to hold some Browning Buck Mark pistols. Thoughts on if I'm likely to find different models there?

Thanks in advance!

If you're within an hour or the show it's a worthwhile trip. HOWEVER: get there on saturday when the doors open. By 11AM it is usually so packed it takes 15 min it make it down an aisle.

There are a few tables that have good deals on ammo considering there is no shipping, but have a cheat sheet ready (or use your phone, if able) to check their prices against your normal vendors.

I would def go but I'm tied up this Saturday morning.

• Like 1

+1 to what others have said. Have a sheet of what you are looking for and what the most reasonable prices are.

In my experience, (which is not that extensive), VF gun show attracts alot more people, many novice shooters, or new people completely, and in turn many dealers mark up their prices (mostly on guns) just for this show. (As confirmed by Rick at Eagle Arms during one of my convos).

Furthermore, there will be alot more non gun related items there, such as cheap knives, and crap from china.

I find this show is great for picking up supplies, such as Primers, from either Kings Shooters Supplies, or the Wolf distributor from NY.

You can run across some deals on used rifles, particularly those the dealer picked up in trade or purchased during the show, and did not have a close look to get the true value of the item, and just relisted it and threw it on the table to sell. (picked up a few great deals this way).

Best advice, keep your eyes focused for what you are looking for, yet open to look for the deals.

I usually go to the VF show and buy beef jerky. :thankyou:

I've been able to find a few good deals on magazines, flashlights, small parts, and cheap tools (picks, files, etc). Plus, it is a good place to just handle a lot of cool new guns. I took my 7 year old to the one in the spring, and he can't wait to go again.

Do they still hold the Philadelphia armory show?

Yes. The next one is Nov 12 & 13. This is an Appalachian Promotions show. It falls on the same weekend as the Oaks show, which is an Eagle Arms show. Must be no love lost between these two promoters. Can't we all just get along? :icon_mrgreen:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Yes. The next one is Nov 12 & 13. This is an Appalachian Promotions show. It falls on the same weekend as the Oaks show, which is an Eagle Arms show. Must be no love lost between these two promoters. Can't we all just get along? :icon_mrgreen:

But the Libtard's brains (closed as they are) would just explode if there were gun shows every weekend in the Philthydelphia/PRNJ area.

(hmmm, what an idea!!)

:icon_idea:

Pizza Bob how is the Oaks show? Do you have an address for that show?

Here you go....

http://phillyexpocenter.com/directions/

I haven't been to the Oaks show since Eagle Arms took them over. Went once during MAAC's tenure. Big facility, so there should be spacious aisles - there were with MAAC. People on this board tend to like Eagle shows, this should be one of their better ones if they utilize the facility to its full extent. That being said, I imagine there is a struggle to steal each other's vendors and that may diminish both shows. If the Oaks were closer, I might attend. The Philly NG Armory is 25 minutes from my house.

Adios,

PIzza Bob

The one I went to was pretty cool. Prices on some stuff was up there, and some stuff beat out internet dealers after factoring in transfer, NICS and Tax. Good prices on Ammo from the one guy I went to. Some really junky stuff there and stuff from China, but you can see those tables long before you reach them. Over all its a decent show but its only the third one I went to. I was going to go this weekend and finally pick up a Mosin or something cheap but everyone that wanted to go is either working or going to the Firemans Convention in Wildwood.

It's official - at least for the December show - the VF show is moving to Lancaster. Too far for me - and I imagine likewise for most Jerseyites. This should provide a huge boost to the Oaks show.

Can't believe all the changes at the VF Con, Ctr already. The show was on the lowest level this time. Not crowded at all, but that's why we go on Friday, but it was sparse, even by Friday standards.

All good things must come to an end.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Hit the show for the less crowded Friday night. Only one Buck Mark in the entire building which was disappointing. Lots of vintage stuff if you like that. Just about every model of 9, 40's and 45 handguns along with many, many long guns. If you want to play with a lot of toys in one place, good show. Wasn't impressed with pricing on any of the new firearms. Some good looking slightly used stuff at fair prices. Ammo was priced about what it could be bought for online, a couple of slightly cheaper sales. I was in the building under 2 hours. Went down to Target Master after the show and spent almost as much time in there.

The only reason I would go to Lancaster for the VF gun show is also Shady Maple Buffet. Only reason I go there once in a great while anyway.

It is still quite a haul from the Shady Maple to Lancaster - but it does add some incentive :sarcastichand:

Hit the show for the less crowded Friday night. Only one Buck Mark in the entire building which was disappointing. Lots of vintage stuff if you like that. Just about every model of 9, 40's and 45 handguns along with many, many long guns. If you want to play with a lot of toys in one place, good show. Wasn't impressed with pricing on any of the new firearms. Some good looking slightly used stuff at fair prices. Ammo was priced about what it could be bought for online, a couple of slightly cheaper sales. I was in the building under 2 hours. Went down to Target Master after the show and spent almost as much time in there.

Go to the Oaks show next time they have it, you'll find even more stuff there. As far as Buck Marks, things like that are hit and miss at shows, you may not see one for 3 shows in a row, and then you'll go to a show and there'll be 8 of them.

Huh? :icon_e_confused:

If I go to a gun show in another state, PA for instance. I can buy a shotgun or a rifle if it is NJ legal. However we NJ people cannot go to a gun show in another state and buy a pistol. I mean technically you can, but you would have to have it shipped to a FFL in NJ. Assuming they would even do that for you, you would now have to deal with shipping, tranfer fees, and a NICS check at the NJ FFL. Maybe not the NICS, it might be covered in the tranfer but I am not 100% sure.

Upon reflection your "huh" might be because I am talking about not being able to buy pistols. I put that in there for the original poster. In his subtitle he said he was looking for Buckmarks. Buckmarks are a pistol.

Speaking to some of the dealers at VF yesterday the consensus is they will be selling at the Oaks Show and not Lancaster. As "Roger" from Roger's Better Bullets said "My business is 5 minutes from here and I am not going to follow the promoter of the Lancaster show around". If course the flyer the promoter gave out for the Dec Lancaster show is the same dates as the Oaks Show Dec 17th and 18th.

I now see the Oaks show getting larger than 1000 tables with VF going away and there is no reason to believe the Oaks show will not become bigger and the Lancaster show will die very soon!