Sign in to follow this  
Glock Guy

Saiga In Front of the NJ Legistalor?

I haven't heard of any pending legislation to that effect, but NJ isn't going to bother pushing a bill through the legislature, the AG's office will just come up with a new "interpretation" of the AW ban if they were to try to do that. I wouldn't be a wise move on their part because as Vlad said there are so many in NJ already, that it would force a lawsuit to define what "substantially identical" means under the AW ban.

I don't *think* that the legislature would get that involved in specific gun models. With all the crime/police layoffs in Trenton, Camden and AC, they need to focus on real crime reduction, not banning guns that the general population has never heard of and never heard of used to commit crimes.

I bet little to no crimes have been committed in New Jersey with a saiga or any other "variation AW" in this state.

No need to bet. The vast majority of gun crimes do not use rifles/shotguns, "AW" or otherwise, and FBI data reflects this. The firearm of choice for criminal activity is the handgun, as it allows for easy concealment and the element of surprise.

I'm going to play devil's advocate and ask... How does the "evil feature" legislation help out criminals?

It doesn't allow me to mount a grenade launcher on my rifle, which makes it harder to defend my home from an onslaught of gang-bangers.

In all honesty, NJ's AWB may not help the criminals, but it CERTAINLY hurts us.

I'm going to play devil's advocate and ask... How does the "evil feature" legislation help out criminals?

Usually when restricting the rights of many to punish a few, you ask: how does "evil feature" legislation stop crime?

Usually when restricting the rights of many to punish a few, you ask: how does "evil feature" legislation stop crime?

Usually, I say, "No."

The Right to Bear Arms is not a numbers game of cost and benefit or silly statistics. It's much more simple - if you don't like it, leave. I have the right to defend myself and the people I care about regardless of cost or benefit. I don't need to justify it, and it's not something you can make an argument against.

Usually, I say, "No."

The Right to Bear Arms is not a numbers game of cost and benefit or silly statistics. It's much more simple - if you don't like it, leave. I have the right to defend myself and the people I care about regardless of cost or benefit. I don't need to justify it, and it's not something you can make an argument against.

"If you don't like it, leave" is all well and good right up until you run out of places to go. Tiresome as it is, the fight needs to be fought every day in every place it needs fighting.

I don't *think* that the legislature would get that involved in specific gun models. With all the crime/police layoffs in Trenton, Camden and AC, they need to focus on real crime reduction, not banning guns that the general population has never heard of and never heard of used to commit crimes.

Here's a couple of those AK crimes. Pretty much uninformed, ignorant, inaccurate, misleading reporting.

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2011/09/trenton_cops_robbery_suspects.html

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2011/02/suspected_gunman_shooting_ak-4.html

Here's a couple of those AK crimes. Pretty much uninformed, ignorant, inaccurate, misleading reporting.

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2011/09/trenton_cops_robbery_suspects.html

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2011/02/suspected_gunman_shooting_ak-4.html

newsguidetoguns.jpg

"Crime scene detectives recovered shell casings that can be used in an automatic weapon from the street, police said."

Apparently some shell casings can only be used in street automatic weapons, damn! That 7.62x39 must be incompatable with my legal one!

• Like 1