SkinsFan

Lawyer To help FPID???

A buddy of mine has heard of all the stories of waiting for months to get you FPID card and wants to use a lawyer to speed up the process,

Ive told him even with a lawyer your going to have to wait just like everyone else but he thinks a lawyer will make a huge difference. His other reason for a lawyer is to have a lawyer help with the process so it will lesson the chance of a denial.. Ive told him I think he is wasting his money..

I gave him the url of the board so hopefully He'll chime in..

I used a lawyer and still recv'd my FOID card in 2 1/2 months instead of 6+.

It also made my future pistol permits alittle easier bc they knew I wasnt playing games.

Was it worth it? probably, but who knows.

I just caught some slack for it anyway by the forum guys, but f**k it! :morpheus:

I got my fid and pistol permits in 3 weeks from Jackson, to make my process faster I had the reference letters hand delivered... And just left them alone. This was while k was in the corrections academy so there was no professional courtesy.... My buddy got his in Howell In under a month and did the same thing, got the finger prints some the next day and hand delivered the references. Same thing in plainsboro, Lawrenceville, and east Brunswick. Maybe a lawyer isnt needed, and not hastling them is key.

I got my fid and pistol permits in 3 weeks from Jackson, to make my process faster I had the reference letters hand delivered... And just left them alone. This was while k was in the corrections academy so there was no professional courtesy.... My buddy got his in Howell In under a month and did the same thing, got the finger prints some the next day and hand delivered the references. Same thing in plainsboro, Lawrenceville, and east Brunswick. Maybe a lawyer isnt needed, and not hastling them is key.

Unfortunately, I've tried that route unsuccessfully. so, I tried another route: My last permits were at 45 days and I had contacted the PD at the 35 and 40 day mark with the ubiquitous - don't call us, we'll send you a letter. So I drafted a nice letter to our Republican Mayor informing him of the situation. He was out of state but inquired immediately upon his return whereupon I received a letter informing me that my permits were (finally) ready shortly thereafter.

It's true, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar - problem is I don't want to catch flies - I want my God given rights.