7-3-2

Looky Looky ...

Very nice, and Patriot Oak is going to be pi$$ed :icon_mrgreen:

LOL. Its all good. I never get flustered when other Patriots get some arms (besides I can overlook it because I am getting mine tomorrow! )

I have one more left for him if he gets off the fence. :sarcastichand:

You are a good guy and helpful! The dealer near me actually came through, though.

I am going to have to make a road trip down to your shop and get something nice!

Who needs magazines when its a revolver!! lol So you decided to get something else?

No, I was joking. I am getting the .22 revolver like yours. Do you like the trigger on it?

Double action trigger is a bit heavy, but the manual says you can dry fire it at will without damaging it and I've read it gets a lot smoother as you use it so well see if it loosens up nicely. Single action is very light, all in all nothing to really complain about the gun is a beauty and I'm very happy with the purchase! Your gonna love it.

I picked up mine last night and I really like it. Just a little disappointed, though, because the green fiber optic tube has a chip out of it. The actual sight appears to be metal and quite durable, but apparently the fiber optic part is not as it must have been banged on something. I called Ruger and I believe that they will be sending out a new front sight for me. Do I need a special tool to press out the older one? I wonder if they will give me a discount on a Ruger Gunsite Scout for my troubles.

Also, I am considering getting either a Trausch or Hogue replacement grip for it to increase the grip length and size. And, then I could keep the original grip in new condition.

Sorry to hear about your fiber optic issue, but from what I've gathered regarding Ruger they'll take care of you pretty well. Im in the same boat as you as Im thinking I need a little more to hold onto so I've been checking out the Hogue monogrip and Trausch grips as well. I also have been dry firing the thing like crazy hoping to loosen up the trigger a bit, I also was looking into maybe ordering the Wolff spring kit to lighten up the trigger pull a bit. All in all its a sexy little thing and Im very happy with the purchase.

I picked up mine last night and I really like it. Just a little disappointed, though, because the green fiber optic tube has a chip out of it. The actual sight appears to be metal and quite durable, but apparently the fiber optic part is not as it must have been banged on something. I called Ruger and I believe that they will be sending out a new front sight for me. Do I need a special tool to press out the older one? I wonder if they will give me a discount on a Ruger Gunsite Scout for my troubles.

If it's the normal fiber ones, they will probably just send you some new ones cut to length or longer section that you will have to cut.

I have changed them and I think they work the same on all but not a 100 % sure. On mine I will cut the old one in half and pull the sections out 1 toward the front the other towards the back. The new one you will take a lighter and just touch the one end of the new piece of fiber, this will mushroom the head just a little. After that you would insert the factory end (non-mushroomed end) front the rear to the front, now you will cut the front end of the fiber and leave a little extra, when you touch this end with the lighter to mushroom the end it will shorten it a little.

It sounds harder to than it really is, and if they give you a long section of fiber you might want to make a small test cut with whatever you have to cut it so see how it does, a nice set of wire cutters usually work well.

If it's a vial then forget what I said,,

Harry

They should be sending me the whole front sight. Maybe I can repair the old one to keep as a backup.

My trigger is not that tight. It feels pretty good, and I think it will be awesome once broken in. I was a little concerned that I should have gotten a S&W 617, but now I am sure I made the right choice (with the 4" barrel). This little revolver has a really nice balance to it. I may consider the spring kit, but I won't do it until I put at least 1000 rounds through it.

I'm not sure if you have yet or not, but it is definitely worth taking a look at the badger grips. They are seeeeeeeeeexy!

They are very nice. Thank you.

Ok so today I finally got to bring this thing to shore shot and put 333 rounds through it.

1. Out of a whole 333 rounds I had maybe at most 5 light strikes 3 which fired second time around.

2. accuracy is better than the shooter in this situation, but I was happy with the accuracy at 7,10,20 yards.

3. I HATE the trigger, seriously towards the end my finger was just worn out, I'm definitely going to try putting some wolff springs in it, possibly going to purchase a bigger grip as well to provide more leverage. Single action was easy, double action was rough at best.

Double action trigger is a bit heavy, but the manual says you can dry fire it at will without damaging it and I've read it gets a lot smoother as you use it so well see if it loosens up nicely. Single action is very light, all in all nothing to really complain about the gun is a beauty and I'm very happy with the purchase! Your gonna love it.

I put the black rubber SP101 grip on it and I love it. I have enough purchase for all fingers, now, and the pinky doesn't hang off. To me it feels like a speed 6 with that grip and I like it a lot. I will try to take a picture of it later this week. I am very pleased and it took all of 3 minutes to put the new grip on.

I put the black rubber SP101 grip on it and I love it. I have enough purchase for all fingers, now, and the pinky doesn't hang off. To me it feels like a speed 6 with that grip and I like it a lot. I will try to take a picture of it later this week. I am very pleased and it took all of 3 minutes to put the new grip on.

Did you notice a difference in the trigger pull with the bigger grip on it?