Babyface Finster

Is something "up" with the deer this year?

I've lived in this house for about 7 years and have never seen the deer quite so brazen as this season. They even ate the hell out of my hostas last night (not a single leaf left) and they have never been touched before. I have found deer in the backyard several times over the last 2 weeks and it used to be a once a season type of thing. They will run when I let the dog out but they don't really run that far and come back hours later. Just surprised that they are showing up where they rarely did before and seem less concerned about human/dog presence.

Is there something going on this season? Excessive population or some issues with the weather that have affected their food supply?

I've lived in this house for about 7 years and have never seen the deer quite so brazen as this season. They even ate the hell out of my hostas last night (not a single leaf left) and they have never been touched before. I have found deer in the backyard several times over the last 2 weeks and it used to be a once a season type of thing. They will run when I let the dog out but they don't really run that far and come back hours later. Just surprised that they are showing up where they rarely did before and seem less concerned about human/dog presence.

Is there something going on this season? Excessive population or some issues with the weather that have affected their food supply?

PM me I may be able to take care of your problem. Any nice bucks? BTW I don't make a sound...

Alot of deer have been affected by all the rain we've had. Some natural habitat has been washed out or is too swampy for them to feed in. We are seeing them alot of places they havent really been before.

It is going to be a bad winter, they are eating everything and anything..

Just had a talk about this upcoming winter with some of the Facilities in Denver, Chicago and Cleavland today and us in the NE and a few of the weather people were saying that any year we have Hurricanes reach as far north as they came into the NE this year let alone going into Canada we will have a very bad winter. Some are saying this will be the worst in the last 50 years. I don't read too much into that being I hear a different reason for this will be the worst winter every year from them.

Harry

We never had deer on our property since we put up our fence some 10 years ago, all of sudden the past month they have been jumping the fence... not sure what the deal is... but i want em gone!

Im guessing the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.. :sarcastichand:

you can try a deer reppelent..

http://thebestdeerrepellent.com/

mossberg,remington,benneli and winchester also have good deer reppelent.. :sarcastichand:

We never had deer on our property since we put up our fence some 10 years ago, all of sudden the past month they have been jumping the fence... not sure what the deal is... but i want em gone!

If you've got trees, string some heavy fishing line between them. They rub up against it and it freaks 'em out.

You could also string a strand of electric fence on insulators off of your current fence. You bait it with some foil and peanut butter. Bambi's mom comes-a-sniffin and will jump 8 feet straight up in the air. Its quite comical to watch.

...and the propane cannon is going off a lot more than usual.