Geno

Hello!

Hello from Bergen County.

Being lurking here for few days.

Great place. Glad i found it.

I am new to guns. Got my first gun(Px4 9mm) one year ago and really enjoy shooting it.

Last week got 2 gun purchase permits and plan to buy .22 semi and .357 revolver.

Hope to make new friends here.

Geno

Welcome to the Forum, Can't direct you to a good 357 but I am picking up a GSG1911-22 at the end of next week, there are a few people here that have one and they have many very good things to say about it.

Harry

Thanks Harry!

.22 i am looking at is Bersa Thunder.

I want something smaller for my wife to be able to handle.

Thanks Harry!

Well my wife like her Ruger MK III Hunter and so do I. Another 22 I have is a Walther P-22 and it's great for smaller hands, my 12YO daughter love shooting it. Just to throw a few other options out there for you to look at.

Harry

Thanks Harry!

I just bought a Thunder. Range review after testing this weekend. My first impressions are disappointing.

CONS: The safety is heavy and stiff. It takes a significant effect to engage/disengage the safety to the point I feel there is a danger of an AD. The mag release also takes a lot of force to engage. The magazine follower is tight causing it to move stiffly. The trigger has a lot of take up in single action but the break is reasonably clean.

PROS: The pistol fits my hands well and has a good, solid, heavy feel - especially for a .22.

If the .380 Thunder has the same safety, mag release and magazine problems, I would say pass on it. The Ruger LC9 is a much better pistol and is about the same size. You would be better off with a Buckmark or a Ruger for your wife.

BTW - Just by showing up, you already have friends here. Welcome aboard.

I just bought a Thunder. Range review after testing this weekend. My first impressions are disappointing.

CONS: The safety is heavy and stiff. It takes a significant effect to engage/disengage the safety to the point I feel there is a danger of an AD. The mag release also takes a lot of force to engage. The magazine follower is tight causing it to move stiffly. The trigger has a lot of take up in single action but the break is reasonably clean.

PROS: The pistol fits my hands well and has a good, solid, heavy feel - especially for a .22.

If the .380 Thunder has the same safety, mag release and magazine problems, I would say pass on it. The Ruger LC9 is a much better pistol and is about the same size. You would be better off with a Buckmark or a Ruger for your wife.

BTW - Just by showing up, you already have friends here. Welcome aboard.

Wow. Thanks for info. I looked at some reviews and it wasn't bad.

I want a .22 that don't look like a range gun, that's why i looked at Bersa.

Is there anything else not too big and not looking like a range gun?

Wow. Thanks for info. I looked at some reviews and it wasn't bad.

I want a .22 that don't look like a range gun, that's why i looked at Bersa.

Is there anything else not too big and not looking like a range gun?

Yes, I was also surprised also as none of the reviews or posts I read mentioned these flaws. I am not sure what you mean by a range gun. The Buckmark comes in a number of variants including a 4” barrel. The Beretta Cheetah is nice but the $700 price is ridiculous and Beretta’s customer service gets poor reviews. I went through GunBroker just to see what would be comparable to the Thunder and there does not seem to be much choice in .22LR. My friend had a Walther and it was a dog so I would not buy one of those. There are many similar pistols in .380ACP and 9mm if you wanted to go that route or try a .22 revolver. Keep checking around. I am sure something will catch your eye.

Just to add to what I wrote earlier and in other threads, I do like the Walther P-22 but I do say if your are going to use the gun for more than just plinking I would do same very easy and cheap mod's, they will make the gun more reliable and overall more fun to shoot.

I would also add the GSG 1911-22 to the mix of guns to look at, I will have mine by the end of next week and have only put a few rounds through one but I really liked it, plus it's a 1911 and who doesn't like a 1911. :icon_mrgreen:

I also have my OL's MK III Hunter, and I have to say it's a great gun and for the price everyone who has a 22 pistol should have one of these, doesn't have to be the hunter but a MK II or MK III at least. They make be a little pain to get used to field strip but they are very reliable, shoot just about any ammo you feed them and are reliable, and you can usually find them at a very good price and even new that are not something that will break the bank.

Harry