Thanks for the clarification, please delete my 'NJ Carry permit found on Google' post.

Just on a side note I was looking around to what the 'pistol purchase' permit looks like. I could not find it anywhere, though I did find a few photos of what a NJ FID looks like.

Thanks for posting the correct Carry Permit photos.

You have to renew it every year? Is there a yearly qualification for retired LEOs?

Every 2 years, and Qual twice a year IIRC..Even though under LEOSA we can carry anywhere else with just your Retiree ID, HERE we have to have the permit as well.

The NJ RLEO permit is supposed to be renewed every year. :icon_twisted: A NJ non-RLEO permit is renewable every two years. :icon_rolleyes:

Bush signed HR218 into law as the initial national carry law, and Obama signed S1132 as an improvement allowing hollowpoints and restricting states from additional requirements. FAQ

There are those that follow Federal Law only. :icon_mrgreen:

• Like 1

Midwest, there are other things on that Google search NJ Carry Permit that indicate its phony baloney. There's no place for the SBI # and its signed by the Sec of State who has nothing to do with carry permits.

again...its just shows how ELLUSIVE the NJ carry permit is! :sarcastichand:

is this actually possible? if so, where do I begin?

This was early 2000's and it was a "restricted" permit. He is now in the Sherriff's dept. I recall it was a PITA(!) as he needed the references/court appearance/wife's reference/me as a reference/money/HASSLE/even more HASSLE. All for grand total validity of (hold on to your hats) a Whole 2 years. :icon_rolleyes:

Even so, you are not guaranteed to get one thru the route he took. Knowing the judges here in NJ, they'll think, "oh, that's a 'loophole' to use the 'firearms instructor' thing..." Or, "what if he goes crazy and shoots a million people?" :icon_rolleyes:

He only did it as a personal project cause NJ's "system" is so a** backwards, it'll make anybody's heads spin.

Im aware of some of the controversies. But am really wondering what the Big Deal is w/ NJ "CCW". I personally am TIRED of carrying and now hardly do it at all, except for work. Yeah, yeah...I know. But NJ is such a disappointment re, this issue (and others :icon_rolleyes: ) beyond any and all human comprehension, it's insane.

It's really surprising the difference in thinking. NJ and NY just reads about how drug addicts go into pharmacys and kill people. Captured by police, but the people are dead.

My link

SHAWNEE, Okla. —

An expansion of the state’s “Make My Day” law now gives business owners and employees at businesses the right to use deadly force when there’s a fear of death.

Before HB 1439 went into effect Tuesday, state law allowed individuals to use deadly force against intruders in their homes. The new addition to the law states that an owner, manager of or employee of a business, with a reasonable fear of death or imminent death, would have the right to use deadly force if threatened.

When signing the bill into law in May, Gov. Mary Fallin said passage of the measure was a victory for law-abiding Oklahomans and gun owners and a defeat for the criminals who would threaten them.

Scott Tucker, a pharmacist at Ralph’s Pharmacy in Tecumseh, was involved in an incident there last year when a suspect on a crime spree held up the pharmacy to get prescription pain killers.

Tucker favors the new law and hopes it will help law-abiding citizens and deter the would-be thieves.

“Maybe it’ll make them think twice before doing something stupid,” Tucker said, adding everybody should have the right to protect themselves.

Tucker, who had a gun on the day of the crime spree, still has one behind the counter, he said, but he hopes that his gun “does nothing but collect dust.”

Pharmacist David Nicklas, who really wasn’t aware of the new law, said he has no intention of having a firearm at Harrison Discount Pharmacy.

While he is in favor of the right to bear arms, “We don’t do guns here...I don’t have any need for it,” he said.

With other security measures already in place, Nicklas said they let police handle any issues.

Phil Hartoon, owner of Hartoon’s Jewelers in Shawnee, supports the new law, although not much is changing for him.

Hartoon, who experienced a robbery at his business more than 25 years ago, said that event forever changed him. For years, he has carried a gun with a concealed carry permit and said he wouldn’t hesitate using it to save his life or any employee’s life, but added he’s also not going to do anything to create a harmful situation.

Hartoon said the new law is protection on his side as a business owner.

“I support it 110 percent — it’s a step in the right direction,” he said, adding every business owner should have the right to protect themselves.

While he’s not so sure the new law will truly be a deterrent for criminals who oftentimes have their own firearms, he’s hopeful it might make a difference.

The state’s “Make My Day” law began in the 1980s. In 2006, lawmakers passed legislation that expanded self-defense rights from the home to other places, including someone else’s home, a vehicle or a street corner, with that law often referred to as “Stand Your Ground.”

Copyright 2011 The Shawnee News-Star. Some rights reserved

Or, was he showing you his FPID? Highly doubtful it was a NJ CCW, unless he's an armored car driver/guard or armed security and, even then, they are restricted to your time on the job.

Hey, if it really was, then kudos to him, but you can color me a doubting Thomas.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

A friend of mine obtained one a NJ-CCW as a firearms instructor. He completed a course at Ft. Dix and it was only for awhen "working" as a firearms instructor.

That is the ONLY person I know of who obtained one. Yet I think it was 'restricted' and even going to and fro as a firearms instructor that is job related but NOTHING else, he had to stow it like anybody would stow it (ammo separate, gun locked in trunk bs) etc.

Tell your friend to walk around in the mall with it open carry (since NJ doesn't distinguish between open & conceal carry) and let us know what the 'results' are. :sarcastichand:

Armored car drivers, rich and famous (because their lives are more significant than yours), and Politicians buddies.

Bodyguards...

Guys CCW and armored car companies and Bodyguards are all different.

As an armored car driver you are NOT allowed to hide your firearm, this means if your wearing a coat your gun must be exposed, thus all of our coats have zippers on the side that allow the coat to go around and behind the handgun. (Now in New York City you cannot have your gun in your holster that is considered "concealed".

Second Bodyguards must apply for a carry license and (like armored car drivers) can only have a loaded and unlocked handgun when on the clock. thus even though i bring my handgun home from work in PA every day i must still remove it and put it in the handgun case.

And according to section 13:54-2.6 The carry permit for armored car companies is only valid for that handgun, and unlike the PA ACT235 is void upon termination or quitting of your job and you MUST turn it in.

Bodyguards must apply for a carry permit, but must have proof of employment to satisfy justifiable cause as outlined in section i and ii of 13:54-2.4d2

Once again once your resign or are terminated your license must be surrendered.

This is why i work in pa.......

Im aware of some of the controversies. But am really wondering what the Big Deal is w/ NJ "CCW". I personally am TIRED of carrying and now hardly do it at all, except for work.

I would not carry every day, just like I don't vote or read books every day. Being denied a right is the issue.

• Like 1

Im aware of some of the controversies. But am really wondering what the Big Deal is w/ NJ "CCW". I personally am TIRED of carrying and now hardly do it at all, except for work. Yeah, yeah...I know. But NJ is such a disappointment re, this issue (and others :icon_rolleyes: ) beyond any and all human comprehension, it's insane.

Really, well you have a choice of if you wish to carry or not, what you have to understand is OUR RIGHT, not our privilege, again I will state, OUR RIGHT has been taken away. Thats what the BIG DEAL IS.

This was early 2000's and it was a "restricted" permit. He is now in the Sherriff's dept. I recall it was a PITA(!) as he needed the references/court appearance/wife's reference/me as a reference/money/HASSLE/even more HASSLE. All for grand total validity of (hold on to your hats) a Whole 2 years. :icon_rolleyes:

Even so, you are not guaranteed to get one thru the route he took. Knowing the judges here in NJ, they'll think, "oh, that's a 'loophole' to use the 'firearms instructor' thing..." Or, "what if he goes crazy and shoots a million people?" :icon_rolleyes:

He only did it as a personal project cause NJ's "system" is so a** backwards, it'll make anybody's heads spin.

Personally, I'd rather see the AWB lifted before getting CCW... If I had CCW, I would probably do it sparingly given the situation... plus my job won't let me do it and I can't simply leave it in my car anyways.

Really, well you have a choice of if you wish to carry or not, what you have to understand is OUR RIGHT, not our privilege, again I will state, OUR RIGHT has been taken away. Thats what the BIG DEAL IS.

Perhaps you misunderstood, My "Big Deal" is my beef with NJ not even recognising, or SPITTING on CCW - RIGHTS when the most of the whole rest of the country *does* and that number (of states) just keeps going up. It should go without saying that NJ rapes us on some Fundamental Rights. Yes, we ALL do know that already (really-really well), thank you.

Personally, I'd rather see the AWB lifted before getting CCW... If I had CCW, I would probably do it sparingly given the situation... plus my job won't let me do it and I can't simply leave it in my car anyways.

The likelihood at this point, of getting the "AWB lifted", in NJ, is as likely as colonising Mars, which would actually be easier.

The likelihood at this point, of getting a "NJ-CCW", is as likely as colonising the Moon, (with 5 people minimum, plus a trained monkey, -Simianaut sp?).

The likelihood at this point, of getting our NJ taxes reduced significantly, is as likely as jumping into a super-massive black hole and be out in time for 20 Christmas' ago circa 1991, then chillin with your fam & friends (in 1991) and showing them your really-really cool 'smartphone'.

That is my personal take on all this based on all this njgunforums stuff, so far...