I recently picked up my first handgun and the choice was not easy. In front of me on the counter lay the four handguns that had peaked my interest over the past year or so.

Beretta PX4 Storm FS

Springfield XDM 9mm FS

Smith & Wesson SD9 FS

Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm FS

Right off the bat, the XDM was put back in the case due to it not feeling too comfortable with the grip. The SD9 felt OK and the price was good but I couldnt get the old saying out of my mind, "You get what you pay for." So that went back into the display case. Now came a hard choice. The PX4 felt good and I liked the rep that it had of being a solid handgun. I must have went back and forth between the PX4 and the M&P for a good hour before finally deciding that the M&P felt better in my hand due to a decent sized scar on the underside of my trigger finger. So now I am a proud owner of an M&P 9mm FS. I am ordering a couple 15 round magazines from G&R today. I have practiced field stripping it so much, I can do it with my eyes closed (sore thumb to boot). I plan on taking it to the range for the first time next Sunday.

I have the M&P45. The Hogue handall works very nice on the M&Ps on it if you have bigger hands. It replaces the grip insert and gives a full rubber grip. It was too big for me so I went with the Pachmayer slip on. The Hogue is nicer but too big for me.

Have fun shooting it!

Great choice on the M&P. You should check out Burwell's DIY trigger mod. Fairly straight forward. I did it and have a 3.8lb smooth trigger. You can also go with a Apex tactical kit or hard sear.

I recently picked up my first handgun and the choice was not easy. In front of me on the counter lay the four handguns that had peaked my interest over the past year or so.

Beretta PX4 Storm FS

Springfield XDM 9mm FS

Smith & Wesson SD9 FS

Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm FS

Right off the bat, the XDM was put back in the case due to it not feeling too comfortable with the grip. The SD9 felt OK and the price was good but I couldnt get the old saying out of my mind, "You get what you pay for." So that went back into the display case. Now came a hard choice. The PX4 felt good and I liked the rep that it had of being a solid handgun. I must have went back and forth between the PX4 and the M&P for a good hour before finally deciding that the M&P felt better in my hand due to a decent sized scar on the underside of my trigger finger. So now I am a proud owner of an M&P 9mm FS. I am ordering a couple 15 round magazines from G&R today. I have practiced field stripping it so much, I can do it with my eyes closed (sore thumb to boot). I plan on taking it to the range for the first time next Sunday.

Congradulations!! If the gun fits your hand well you made a great choice. I have a 45

M&P and love it.

I am a little curious about why you have a sore thumb field stripping your weapon,

please explain why.

CREATE YOURSELF A GREAT SHOOTING DAY!

Scig

Congradulations!! If the gun fits your hand well you made a great choice. I have a 45

M&P and love it.

I am a little curious about why you have a sore thumb field stripping your weapon,

please explain why.

CREATE YOURSELF A GREAT SHOOTING DAY!

Scig

I got a sore thumb, too. That lever won't stay down, it is under tension from the recoil spring. It chafes my dainty thumb.