sasha45acp

Where to Shoot in South Jersey?

Cherry Hill / Atco Area  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Best South Jersey Range

• Police Association of South Jersey (PASJ)
    • South Jersey Shooting Club (SJSC)
    • Telco Sportsmen's Club
    • Square Circle Sportsman Club

While not technically in SJ, Firing Line in Philly seems pretty decent from the two times I have been there so far.

Non-members $15 range fee, $15 rental, .22lr was $3.50/50 and 9mm was just under $20/50 tonight.

Members $100/yr, unlimited range use. $10 rental, $10 guest, Tuesday night girlfriend/spouse/SO no range fee.

The first time I went it was pretty empty, tonight there were a fair number of people there, but still 2 or 3 empty lanes when I got there, which quickly cleared out. They are right across the Walt Whitman, 1 exit north on I-95, 1 block west, 1.5 blocks south, so closer than many of the NJ ranges for people in Camden/Gloucester county.

I belong to Delran Jr Marksman. I also live in Marlton. 15 minutes to get there and very reasonable. One drawback open Sat, and Sunday only year round and Wed nights April thru Oct. But I rarely go to range more than once a week. up to 25 yd pistol, 50 and 100 yd rifle, trap and skeet, Archery and more. All outdoor but all covered stations. Great membership and growing under $100/yr.

this place is right down the street from me. I can hear em shooting 7 am Saturday mornings:)

DHS is made up of the 8 major organizations listed below. I happen to work for one of them, and if you think you should be more worried about these agencies while at Hagues or because of your membership at Hagues, you need to loosen the tinfoil hat a bit and stop watching youtube videos.

Customs and Border Protection (CBP)

Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)

Transportation Security Administration (TSA)

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

U.S. Coast Guard

U.S. Secret Service

Office of Inspector General

Homeland Security Is Monitoring The Drudge Report, The New York Times

It's unclear exactly why, but the Department of Homeland has been operating a "Social Networking/Media Capability" program to monitor the top blogs, forums and social networks online for at least the past 18 months. Based on a privacy compliance review from last November recently obtained by Reuters, the purpose of the project is to "collect information used in providing situational awareness and establishing a common operating picture." Whatever that means. Either way, the list of sites reported by Reuters reveals in a Wednesday afternoon exclusive is pretty intriguing:

Social Networks

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Myspace

Blogs

• The Drudge Report
  • The Huffington Post
  • The New York Times's Lede blog
  • Wired's Threat Level
  • Wired's Danger Room
  • ABC News' investigative blog The Blotter
  • "blogs that cover bird flu … news and activity along U.S. borders … drug trafficking and cybercrime"

Multimedia

• Hulu
  • YouTube
  • Flickr

In conclusion, the Department of Homeland Security is just like you. We've seen no reports of The Atlantic Wire being on the list. But if we are, hello Department of Homeland Security employees -- thanks for reading!

Want to add to this story? Let us know in comments or send an email to the author at [email protected]. You can share ideas for stories on the Open Wire.

You need to stop living in denial. Get in the box car please...for your safety of course.

mikelets.. please see other thread that was started.

And trust me, there will be no boxcars in my families future.

I know.. I don't mean to be harsh. We hear it from my wife's family over and over but when you read history it is headed in a scary direction. My goodness, my wife's family thought we were crazy when we told them we bought a shotgun. So I hear that kind of stuff all the time I just did not expect to hear it on this site, especially knowing history, firearms, etc. The USA is not exempt us from tyranny but we must always be alert and willing to accept the possibility that our freedom is under REAL attack. Once again, I apologize but I do want to make sure the truth be known not matter how "crazy" it may sound. If there is even the slightest grain of truth I will pursue an answer.

I just joined up there a few months ago, They have a 25/50/100/300 and an archey course all outdoor, shooting stations are coverd. They have a 2 main RO's that take care of all the administrative stuff and perform other various duties. They have monthy plate shoots and three gun shoots. Guest policy is two at a time and $10 per guest. They did just come out with a new members handbook and may have changed their guest policy so don't hold me to that. Open 7 days a week as long as its daylight and is a very nice facility. When I was searching for other ranges I found a few that were closer to me but were not as nice as SJSC. As far as crowds go, people from federal and local law enforcement to teachers belong to the club. Also you do have to be an NRA member if you would like to join.

I just joined up there a few months ago, They have a 25/50/100/300 and an archey course all outdoor, shooting stations are coverd. They have a 2 main RO's that take care of all the administrative stuff and perform other various duties. They have monthy plate shoots and three gun shoots. Guest policy is two at a time and $10 per guest. They did just come out with a new members handbook and may have changed their guest policy so don't hold me to that. Open 7 days a week as long as its daylight and is a very nice facility. When I was searching for other ranges I found a few that were closer to me but were not as nice as SJSC. As far as crowds go, people from federal and local law enforcement to teachers belong to the club. Also you do have to be an NRA member if you would like to join.

Thanks for the info. Is it usually crowded? Do you have to wait to get a bay?

Thanks for the info. Is it usually crowded? Do you have to wait to get a bay?

I too joined up there about a month ago. I have only been there once on the weekend and it was not jammed packed, but busy. I believe they had a 300 yard competition going on. My schedule allows me to go in the mornings on week days. I usually aim for 9-10 am, and there are like 1-2 people there. A couple of times I went around 3PM mid week and I literally had the entire range to myself!

I have been there about 8 times and so far everyone I have encountered has been very friendly and very sportsman like.

They do have events on weekends and occasional classes offered by Gun for Hire. When they have an event, they only close the particular range that is being used, so if theres a competition on the 300 yard range, then the 100, 50, and 25 are still open. They also have a tactical range that is for training and other events only, so if a competition is being held there, the rest of the place is still open.

I too joined up there about a month ago. I have only been there once on the weekend and it was not jammed packed, but busy. I believe they had a 300 yard competition going on. My schedule allows me to go in the mornings on week days. I usually aim for 9-10 am, and there are like 1-2 people there. A couple of times I went around 3PM mid week and I literally had the entire range to myself!

I have been there about 8 times and so far everyone I have encountered has been very friendly and very sportsman like.

They do have events on weekends and occasional classes offered by Gun for Hire. When they have an event, they only close the particular range that is being used, so if theres a competition on the 300 yard range, then the 100, 50, and 25 are still open. They also have a tactical range that is for training and other events only, so if a competition is being held there, the rest of the place is still open.

Cool, thanks!

As deadeye stated it all depends on your timing I usually go early in the morning and there a maybe 3 other people were, and that was on one of the nicer weekends in January. I have yet to wait to find a bay. I think each range has 8-10 bays. And another plus I forgot earlier if the 25 yd range is full and the 50 is empty you can shoot from the 25 mark in the 50 range, as long as you follow the set rules for doing that, just to ensure your safety. I also heard that they want to put a shop up on the property and that they are in the process of building up an inventory and getting the permits together last I checked. It would be very convienient to have your range, and shop in one location in case you need anything.

i also vote Telco, but on the board of secrecy i cannot say why.

I like how you never wait, with over 400 members we seem to rarely ever have more then 2 or 3 people at the range(minus Monday nights). But everyone is the RO there, and you would be surprised how friendly people are. I have been there for several years, and IMO its worth the 40 min ride from where i live to go out there and know that your dealing with adults and not kids who want to hold up the range indefinitely.

i also vote Telco, but on the board of secrecy i cannot say why.

I like how you never wait, with over 400 members we seem to rarely ever have more then 2 or 3 people at the range(minus Monday nights). But everyone is the RO there, and you would be surprised how friendly people are. I have been there for several years, and IMO its worth the 40 min ride from where i live to go out there and know that your dealing with adults and not kids who want to hold up the range indefinitely.

You don't think it's a pain that you cannot bring a guest? Maybe that's just me.