Sign in to follow this  
Rob0115

Ugh

I bought the AR15.com lower and now I'm starting to get nervous that it breaks the, "it can't say AR15" on the rifle rule. The AR15.com name is on the side as the manufacturer but it does say the model is AR15. It actually doesn't say any model number just a serial number. Now I had this delivered through an FFL but that doesn't mean it's right.

Here is the link to the AR15.com store that has the product description.

http://store.ar15.com/store/product.html?cat=9∏=282

Thanks.

27704.JPG

I'm not following what you are saying. It's OK if it says AR15 in NJ? It's OK to say AR15 if lack other characteristics? I'd appreciate some clarification.

Thanks for replying,

It's really nice but it may not be worth having given NJ law. It was a bit pricey at 275 stripped. I may be listing it for sale at a bit of a loss. :)

ok, I am going to sell the lower however disappointing that is. I have another question though. The barrel has a permanently attached compensator. Originally the barrel was threaded but I had the compensator and the barrel pinned and then welded. Does that still count as a threaded barrel? If so it may be selling that to look for a different barrel.

ok, I am going to sell the lower however disappointing that is. I have another question though. The barrel has a permanently attached compensator. Originally the barrel was threaded but I had the compensator and the barrel pinned and then welded. Does that still count as a threaded barrel? If so it may be selling that to look for a different barrel.

That's fine as the muzzle device is permanently attached

It doesnt matter what it says. Even if it says "COLT AR-15" on the side of it, its not substantially identical to itself if it does not have 2 or more features.

Can you clarify what you mean here?

Are you saying that since it's not from Colt even if it says Colt AR-15, and doesn't have 2 or more features, it's legal?

What about those Inter Ordnance AK-47s that were banned not long ago because they had AK-47 on 'em?

The NJ AWB prohibits a list of weapons by name (including the BUSHMASTER ASSAULT RIFLE and COLT AR15 / CAR15) and any weapon substantially identical to the listed weapons which means

any rifle with a DETACHABLE MAGAZINE and (2) OF THE FOLLOWING

- folding collapsible stocks

- pistol grip

- flash hider

- threaded barrel

- bayonet lug

magazine capacity in NJ is limited to 15 (not 5 or 10)

I'm taking the upper over to Traks to potentially have the compensator drilled and repined and welded with another device. I've listed the lower for sale on AR15.com and will start to research a new lower billet lower and muzzle device.

Thanks guys.

I listed the lower for sale on AR15.COM. It really is pissing me off. I am going to order a LaRue Billet lower that actually cost less to begin with but I'm not tempting a jail sentence for 250 bucks.