CageFighter

Gen4 Glock 34 or 35 ?

Ok guys, i've got 1 permit to burn and less than 2 weeks left on it. Im undecided on trying to find a Gen 4 G34 for USPSA production/steel or going with a G35 Gen4 and moving up to Limited 10. Since I dont reload, how is this gonna affect me? Since im still a newbie (3 matches in prod), can someone explain the advantage/disadvantage of both classes and where I should be? Thanks. :80:

I would shoot a few more matches before I decided on a specific division to shoot in but if your deciding between those two,I'd go with the G35. The full size frame and extended barrel are going to lessen the difference in felt recoil between the 9mm and .40S&W. You could shoot the 35 in both production and limited 10 without loosing the major power factor scoring in limited 10. Most importantly,start reloading.

if you did not do it already extend your permit,it will give you more time to decide.I own both models and you are more than welcome to try them both at OBRPC. The glock 35 would be my vote,when you start reloading lol.You can load for minor and for major .also the glock 34 has a 10 round magazine ,where the glock 35 has 15.It can also be used in 3 diffrent division ,production,limited 10,and limited.where the 34 can only be used in production.plenty of aftermarket parts to trick it out also.if you want to you can also get a conversion barrel for 9mm for the 35.not legal to use in uspsa.but makes cheap practice till you start reloading

Are you set on just these 2 guns or are you open to others, not knocking Glocks, heck I own one and like it, but I think there are a lot of other options out there, especially when you mention USPSA and Steel.

Yeah, like Harry's CZ Tac Sport. Awesome trigger right out of the box. I want one.:icon_e_wink:

if you did not do it already extend your permit,it will give you more time to decide.I own both models and you are more than welcome to try them both at OBRPC. The glock 35 would be my vote,when you start reloading lol.You can load for minor and for major .also the glock 34 has a 10 round magazine ,where the glock 35 has 15.It can also be used in 3 diffrent division ,production,limited 10,and limited.where the 34 can only be used in production.plenty of aftermarket parts to trick it out also.if you want to you can also get a conversion barrel for 9mm for the 35.not legal to use in uspsa.but makes cheap practice till you start reloading

Mike...I shot both of your Glocks @ OB on Columbus Day. I cant extend my permits anymore. (done it already)

I like the way they BOTH shoot, but again, I dont reload so i cant make light loads.

Yeah, like Harry's CZ Tac Sport. Awesome trigger right out of the box. I want one.:icon_e_wink:

LOL, and I am looking at a CZ 75B in 9mm for Production and for Steel as soon as my OGAM BS is up after picking up the GSG 1911 this upcoming Friday, so I figure Dec 5th I'll have it in my hand. :)

Mike...I shot both of your Glocks @ OB on Columbus Day. I cant extend my permits anymore. (done it already)

I like the way they BOTH shoot, but again, I dont reload so i cant make light loads.

Even if you don' reload you can get light loads from a few different places for a decent price for when you shoot steel or production, or just want to shoot minor.

I was looking at that last yearr. I thought the mags on that CZ holds 16 rounds. How do you get one in NJ?

thanks!

It's 17 in .40 but you can either have them modified or just get the 10 rounders.

One thing about the CZ 75 TS, it's great, but it is very limited in what is interchangeable between the other CZ guns, if I had to do it over again I probably would choose a different CZ gun or look a lot closer at some STI's, but even after saying that, I really have no regrets about having it and am not looking at getting rid of It either being I already have it.

Get the glock 40 cal, whichever one it is if you want a glock, otherwise, look at m&p pro in 40..

You can buy steel loads in 40 cal, just ask harry. And with those you can shoot production, or..... With regular loads, limited and l10.

LOL, and I am looking at a CZ 75B in 9mm for Production and for Steel as soon as my OGAM BS is up after picking up the GSG 1911 this upcoming Friday, so I figure Dec 5th I'll have it in my hand. :)

I was looking to buy a CZ75B myself several months ago. However, I learned that to shoot it in production div. you had to "de-cock" the pistol for the first round. The thought of squeezing the trigger while lowering the hammer carefully is a little scary to me.

Even if you don' reload you can get light loads from a few different places for a decent price for when you shoot steel or production, or just want to shoot minor.

can you PM me info where to get light loads? it would make my life a hell of alot easier.

I was looking to buy a CZ75B myself several months ago. However, I learned that to shoot it in production div. you had to "de-cock" the pistol for the first round. The thought of squeezing the trigger while lowering the hammer carefully is a little scary to me.

I don't know but the CZ 75B DA/SA should be good in production, just turn on the safety before you holster it and you should be good, now the CZ 75B-SA that is SA only that's not good for production.

Here it is for anyone who might be interested.

A-Arms-Ammo

Just E-mail them and they will send you the most recent pricing, you may be surprised, oh and I don't order new brass, i order the once fired.

Did you use their ammo at USPSA or was it your reloads that came in under power factor?

Did you use their ammo at USPSA or was it your reloads that came in under power factor?

It was there there loads.

I won't be ready to Crono any of mine for about 2 weeks to see how my first batch of ammo comes out, just no real time to get away with work, my daughters schedule, and family things.

However as you see, they are minor and I did go and load a mag with EA 180gr and some AA 180gr on Monday and I'll tell you no crone needed, there is a huge difference, and really surprised how different the sound it, one sounds like a cannon, the other a bug-fart.

Harry

Harry,

Check out the CZ85 Combat. It's about the same price as a CZ75 but has no firing pin safety, making for a better trigger. It's essentially an ambi CZ75, the predecessor to the CZ75B.

Thanks Chris, I'll take a look at them, and see if I can get my hands on one also.

G35 better option as others have said here.

40s&w production/steel loads feel "softer" than G34 and you have more options in loading.

15 rounds mags

Can be used in 3 divisions and be competitive.

It is what I tell everyone to look into (or a M&P pro 40).