RedBowTies88

New from the cape

Nice, I have some friends. I'll send them a link ;)

know of anyone on the forum from down this way?

I know a FFL owner who is a member of the forum that's down south but I haven't had the please to meet many of our southern folks yet , but there are plenty and they should be along anytime now.

I know a FFL owner who is a member of the forum that's down south but I haven't had the please to meet many of our southern folks yet , but there are plenty and they should be along anytime now.

Yes seems to be a few near me. I just discovered the member map and added my location.

Not many FFL's down here. Really only Just Sports in Courthouse and Bellplain Supply. Once you get up to the mays landing/vineland lattitude you find more.

EDIT: Is there a way to activate email notification of subscribed threads?

Double EDIT: got it figured out

welcome to the forum. what is a shoobie?

Long story short; in the first half of the 20th century tourists from philly and points north would come for a day at the beach. They would pack their lunches in shoe box's and not patronize any local vendors/restaurants. Thus coined the derogatory nickname "shoobie" which then stuck for any tourist visiting the shore.

Historically a Shoobie is a person that comes to Wildwood/Cape May from Philadelphia on the train and would have their lunch packed in a shoe box. Hence Shoobie. Shoobies to us are like Bennys in central and northern Jersey. Benny, I believe is an abrieviation of BENsalem, Newark, New York.

Thank you for the edimication folks. All my shore friends mention Benny's etc.. and I wondered what the heck they were talking about.

yea bennies is more of a northern name, like mystic island/lbi on up more for new yorkers

thanks for the welcomes

Location? I am about due to take the Misses down, maybe we can try that? Gotta keep her happy so she lets me go shooting.

very easy to find, its right on rt47 not far out of wildwood. Big place with solar panels on the roof and a sailboat in the parking lot. Coming from parkway south take exit 4 (the first one, not sure if its 4 or 4a) into rio grande. That will put you right on 47n. about 2-3 miles down the road after 3 lights you'll see it on the left as the road turns right.

Good idea to call first though. They're only seasonal and i think they're open weekends until thanksgivingish but im not positiave.