Dr. KGM

Thinking of purchasing a Springfield Armory M1 A SOCUM II

Does anyone have experience with the SA M 1 socum II, and can provide some positives or negatives about this rifle I will be using it for target shooting only.

I think that a 308 semi auto gun is unnecessary for "just" target shooting.. now if you were talking about a bolt gun or something.. then maybe.. but if you are "JUST" going to target shoot.. I am pretty sure there are more accurate guns that are cheaper to shoot..

I think that a 308 semi auto gun is unnecessary for "just" target shooting.. now if you were talking about a bolt gun or something.. then maybe.. but if you are "JUST" going to target shoot.. I am pretty sure there are more accurate guns that are cheaper to shoot..

Unless you want to ultimately compete in High Power - in which case you would be better served with a wood-stocked M1 that could be accurized/modified as time & budget allowed.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

Unless you want to ultimately compete in High Power - in which case you would be better served with a wood-stocked M1 that could be accurized/modified as time & budget allowed.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I was assuming that "target shooting" =/= "competition" but hey I could be wrong not the first time...

+1

what do you exactly want to know? the socom II is just a gimmick gun thats heavy as hell... the original socom 16 is a couple lbs lighter and imho a better gun.. try this forum http://m14forum.com/ you will find any and everything you will ever want to know i hang there also.

+1

and I agree fully I looked at the socom and at first thought "cool" but then after listening to some of the more knowledgeably folks here.. realized it was for the most part just a gimmick..

I personally prefer the full size models... or the scout version. Socoms seem to collect a premium price point that may not be worth it for you.

If you enjoy putting large holes in paper from over 100 yards awayfrom n m 1 a might do the gun for you

I have a Scout Squad and enjoy shooting it. I have no problem ringing an 18" steel plate at 240 yards with the stock iron sights. The gun is plenty accurate for me. If you want real precision though, take a look at the National Match models.

Does anyone have experience with the SA M 1 socum II, and can provide some positives or negatives about this rifle I will be using it for target shooting only.

It's quite a bit of gun for target shooting. My guess at one hundred. Non match

That being said I love my socom 16

The sole reason for owning it is as a shtf gun....

Ymmv