gunforhire

Christie_opposes_handgun_leniency

I remember back when people advocated Governor Christie as a possible presidential choice. I didn't think it would happen, just for this reason alone. Firearms are just too important to most of middle America for them to roll the dice on Christie.

The funny thing is that you have to respect Governor Christie, he's a man of principle. If you take a look at Governor Romney on firearms, he would say anything ("avid varmint hunter") to be president. You take a look at Governor Christie, at least you know what you are getting. He's not going to hurt us, but he's not going out of his way to help us either.

But he's going to have to pull a full Jim Zumbo if he want president or vice.

Yup,:facepalm:

Harry,

I was given some crap for calling the Guv'na an anti-gun pimp 6 months ago when I launched GFH radio. I was told go easy, see what he does, he is a republican, etc, etc. BS. Starting next week I am going to hit him hard! I believe he is looking for the VP slot behind Romney! Good by and good riddance. Unfortunately I will refrain from the fat jokes because I am big boned also!

Isn't it funny how the same people who want the Fed to make sure everyone has health insurance think the same Fed should keep out of states rights on firearms and immigration.

Yep. Interesting, isn't it. For some reason "have one's cake and eat it too" comes to mind. It will always depend on the person, how they feel about an issue and even the day of the week sometimes. I, for one, want the government to stay out of my business, but would have no issue with them outlawing alcohol. Why, you may ask? Because alcohol is not important to me and has no place in my life, so "why should I care", however I don't want the government telling me that I have to wear seat belts. I think you should wear them, but I don't want someone telling me that I must. This is only one example of thousands people will come up with.

Yep. Interesting, isn't it. For some reason "have one's cake and eat it too" comes to mind. It will always depend on the person, how they feel about an issue and even the day of the week sometimes. I, for one, want the government to stay out of my business, but would have no issue with them outlawing alcohol. Why, you may ask? Because alcohol is not important to me and has no place in my life, so "why should I care", however I don't want the government telling me that I have to wear seat belts. I think you should wear them, but I don't want someone telling me that I must. This is only one example of thousands people will come up with.

I'm with you except for the part about alcohol, thats the not important to ME part, where is the line. It's the ME part in anything that I have a problem with, but I am right there with you on people should be able to decide for themselves and not have others tell them it good or not good for them. I'm pro choice if you didn't see that. :icon_mrgreen:

I'm with you except for the part about alcohol, thats the not important to ME part, where is the line. It's the ME part in anything that I have a problem with, but I am right there with you on people should be able to decide for themselves and not have others tell them it good or not good for them. I'm pro choice if you didn't see that. :icon_mrgreen:

Agreed. Like I said it was an extreme example. Unfortunately, that's the way things seem to be heading more and more. It's the "it's all about me mentality" and/or the "I'm entitled to this and that" mentality.

Agreed. Like I said it was an extreme example. Unfortunately, that's the way things seem to be heading more and more. It's the "it's all about me mentality" and/or the "I'm entitled to this and that" mentality.

Oh don't get me started on the I'm Entitled thing, thats a whole nuther can of worms. :icon_mrgreen:

Just think what our founding fathers would say if they saw the sad state that we are in today. It would look like :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Gee.... Christie is a politician? Who would of guessed. Come on folks, if anyone thinks Christie cares about anyone other than himself is sadly mistaken. Much like Corzine, Christie is all about him first. Don't think he ever was a friend to the firearms community.

• Like 1

I understand the feelings that an article like this can give us as a pro-gun community... But before you swear off voting for Christie, just wait and see what miserable POS opposes him. Chances are they'll be anti gun.... And anti everything else, except giving your tax dollars to anyone with a hand out.

Politics is NEVER anything more than picking the less of two evils. No politician has YOUR best interest in mind, end of rant :icon_mrgreen:

Gee.... Christie is a politician? Who would of guessed. Come on folks, if anyone thinks Christie cares about anyone other than himself is sadly mistaken. Much like Corzine, Christie is all about him first. Don't think he ever was a friend to the firearms community.

I respect your opinion and right to have one. That being said, who would you suggest to be a better replacement?