Bump for the morning, I'll sending the order in today, this is the last chance if you want to get in on the steel buy.

Please note, we had quite a few members get in on this and we needed to reach a certain dollar amount to make this possible for the supplier to do this for us. We can try at a future time if there is interest, however after this initial buy I am not sure how many members would still be interested in a second buy.

In other words, I am not sure we could come up with an order large enough to get the same pricing that we got in this initial order, so I don't want to say this will be the last time we can get them at this price, but it is a good chance.

Thank you all for who got in on this, I could not have done this alone because I was not doing this to make money, actually I am just at the break even or just a few bucks down, but this wasn't done to make money, this was done because I wanted steel at a good price, was presented with an opportunity to make that happen as well as help other forum members do the same.

Again, Thank you all, and for anyone thinking about doing this, we only have a few more hours today to get in on it.

Harry

PS: Remember if you want to get in on this, let me know what you want, and if you send me money through Paypal please send it as "Personal" and as a "Gift" this get us both out of paying the Paypal service fee's and what you pay is what I get.

I know I had 2 people who were making final decisions, I will keep this open until tomorrow. Any orders that I receive by Noon tomorrow with payment will be added. No more order taken after noon for this run, and like I said, not sure if we would have enough people for a second run after this one so please keep that in mind.

Interested. Anyone from the NNJ area getting in on this to do a possible relay?

Take a look at the list in the 1st post and see who you know, and who might be close to you, or the closest, Also if a relay can't be worked out flat rate boxes from the USPS can be used. Remember like that say, if it fits it ships, well up to 70lbs that is.

We are officially closed for additional orders at this time. I will be send to the list to the supplier to cut and I will update everyone as I receive progress reports.

Our Total order worked out to a whopping $2462.00.

We have a total of: (Total is a mix of w/Holes & NO/Holes)

16 x 4"

20 x 6"

37 x 8"

0 x 10"

10 x 12"

Not to shabby if I say so myself.

Yeah, been thinking about that too. Don't want to make something so heavy it takes 2 people (or more) to move. I was thinking of something like a small swingset I can use quick-release pins to put it together with.

since you shoot @ OBRPC, you can utilize the 2x2 post holes @ the end of the 50 and 100 yard range.

I took two 2x2s , about 4' long. Got some thick chain, and some S hooks.

Screw one side of chain into top of 2x2 on each side, S hook into the holes on the plate , then have at it.

since you shoot @ OBRPC, you can utilize the 2x2 post holes @ the end of the 50 and 100 yard range.

I took two 2x2s , about 4' long. Got some thick chain, and some S hooks.

Screw one side of chain into top of 2x2 on each side, S hook into the holes on the plate , then have at it.

That's a great idea. Very simple.

I was going to try that using angle iron or box steel, and only one support. But i imagine, one well placed "6 o'clock" shot could cause the support to buckle.

Yeah, been thinking about that too. Don't want to make something so heavy it takes 2 people (or more) to move. I was thinking of something like a small swingset I can use quick-release pins to put it together with.

Sootch00 on youtube just reviewed a very similar setup.

Nick, that stand you posted the video of is kinda what I was thinkging about.

Now, after looking at the other website those Home Depot metal horses look like they are worth a try.

My neighbor is an iron worker, so is one of our club members, I know they can get PLENTY of rebar to make that last stand!

Good Idea on the 1"x2" holders on the 50yard range.

Maybe we can also look into some scrap 3" x 5" flat-stock, and weld them on top of a piece of rebar like we have on some of the stages where we knock the plates off them..

Another thing might be the saw horse idea, maybe a 2'" x 4" 8' long that you can set up something similar to a plate rack.

Plenty of options and I know we will have a lot of good ideas from the group here.

By the way for OBRPC members, does anyone have an old metal cabinet that we can lock, was thinking that maybe if we ask nicely, we can put it in the container we have access to on the 100 yard range and keep some of these on site rather than hauling the stands each time we want to use them. Also if allow to do that and no one had a cabinet maybe we can chip in as a group and find a used one and key it, or lock it somehow that only the members that chip in for it have access to it.

Just tossing ideas out for comment. Like I said it would need to be approved by the powers to be but if they give us the thumbs up it may be an option.

Sootch00 on youtube just reviewed a very similar setup.

I like it, gives me a few ideas. The first thing that came to mid though was on the side of safety. I see how low that is to the ground, we probably want to keep it in our minds when planning something like this that it's high enough off the ground that if there was a low shot your not looking at skipping a round off the ground. Hitting dirt probably not a problem, but a ricochet off rock covered ground could be. Just something to be cognizant of when planning out stands.

Good Idea on the 1"x2" holders on the 50yard range.

Maybe we can also look into some scrap 3" x 5" flat-stock, and weld them on top of a piece of rebar like we have on some of the stages where we knock the plates off them..

Another thing might be the saw horse idea, maybe a 2'" x 4" 8' long that you can set up something similar to a plate rack.

Plenty of options and I know we will have a lot of good ideas from the group here.

By the way for OBRPC members, does anyone have an old metal cabinet that we can lock, was thinking that maybe if we ask nicely, we can put it in the container we have access to on the 100 yard range and keep some of these on site rather than hauling the stands each time we want to use them. Also if allow to do that and no one had a cabinet maybe we can chip in as a group and find a used one and key it, or lock it somehow that only the members that chip in for it have access to it.

Just tossing ideas out for comment. Like I said it would need to be approved by the powers to be but if they give us the thumbs up it may be an option.

harry, i have a cabinet I might be willing to donate.. it's currently a locksmith key cabinet, but the key holder doors can come out, and maybe somebody can screw some shelves into them.

my only concern would be whose responsibility in the event the cabinet was broken into and the steel was stolen, damaged, etc.

here is the cabinet, its about 6 or 7 feet tall, made of steel.

5388675284_2bb2d70198_z.jpg

5388087793_5fe60a6d94_z.jpg

Alec something like that would be great, I wasn't thinking so much for steel plate storage, I was thinking more along the lines of rebar plate holders and other stand holders with in reason. Wouldn't want 1 stand to take up the who cabinet, but it could hold a crap load of rebar with flat plates mounted to then standing up in the cabinet. Also coming up with an even nicer locking system and a combo lock. Another thing, is some sort of way of combo cable lock for the contents would be an added deterrent if someone was able to get into the cabinet.

I think transporting steel plates is easy (I'll let you know after I pick up the order for everyone if I feel the same way then :icon_mrgreen: ) it's the stands that would become cumbersome.

All of this would be upon approval of the OBRPC powers to be anyway, but at least we have a start and I wouldn't mind kicking in a few bucks so your not just donating it for the cause, being I remember you were trying to sell that cabinet in the past anyway.

haha, maybe next spring - summer, it's my detached garage. Too cold to work out there in the winter, and I should be concentrating on my basement remodel.

anywho.

Again, I dont mind donating, if people feel like pitching in for it, that's fine, but not asking.

I can see storing some rebar, and some chain, and some 2x2s work in there.

Let me know what the powers at be @ obrpc say.