magic7

2 Permits - .45 And .22

So I am looking to get a .22 for cheap/accurate range shooting and a .45

I only own a 9mm pistol right now. I am not sure which route to take because I was thinking of getting one of the two in a 1911. So now my dilemma becomes do I got a .22 1911 such as the GSG and something else in the .45 or do I get the 1911 in the .45 and get something along the lines of a Mark III for the .22 for range shooting. I am not looking to break the bank and would like to keep the total purchase under $1300-$1500 for both guns. Anyone got some thoughts to help me solve this? I know, it's a good dilemma to have :lol:

Well... look at the option of getting a 1911 in 45, and get a conversion kit for it in 22lr. This way, 1 permit.

I've just done exactly this, it allows me to use the same firearm as a .22 that I'll be using in competitions as a 9mm and hence really get a feel for the trigger.

Depending on what your 9mm is then consider adding to your collection:

.22 conversion kit for the 9mm (assuming one exists)

.45 1911

9mm striker fired plastic firearm (e.g. Glock, XD/XDM, PPQ etc).

It may be a struggle keeping all of this within the budget but it is possible depending if you go NIB or used. Then you have a good breadth to your firearms.

hth

TheWombat

I only own a 9mm pistol right now. I am not sure which route to take because I was thinking of getting one of the two in a 1911. So now my dilemma becomes do I got a .22 1911 such as the GSG and something else in the .45 or do I get the 1911 in the .45 and get something along the lines of a Mark III for the .22 for range shooting. I am not looking to break the bank and would like to keep the total purchase under $1300-$1500 for both guns. Anyone got some thoughts to help me solve this? I know, it's a good dilemma to have :lol:

Hold off on the MK III for now, but see what people here might want to sell, start with the 1911 in 45ACP and pick up a GSG 1911-22 and you probably will be able to stay under a 1300 bucks easy, and depending on how you do you might just see who had a MK III laying around after the 1st 2. So go get 6 Permits now... :icon_e_biggrin:

Well to answer some questions:

I currently have the Springfield XD 9mm in the 4" so the "plastic" is already taken care of. No .22 conversion right now that I have seen thus far.

I actually applied for 3 permits in case, but right now the budget only holds for 2 guns...

I don't believe I will ever be carrying so these are for the range only. Maybe I will get in to some comp shooting down the road.

Im looking at the longer barrels for accuracy at the range so the 1911 fits that and of course it's classic

Glock 21 in .45cal and then get a complete slide off gunbroker for 10mm. Since its a part you wont need a permit for a new slide.

Also you can convert to 22.lr i believe with a conversion kit , same process , no permit.

Yes, they make a 22lr conversion kit for the Glock 21 or 21SF Gen3 and you can get a 10mm upper (maybe just a barrel)for it w/10mm mags.

My Glock 21 is my 1911!! :locomotive:

I know ill get flamed for that.

Does Glock make a .22LR conversion kit for any of its other pistols?

You can check this out:

http://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AASOS&Category_Code=FitTable

But i dont have any personal experience with any .22lr conversions.