db1775

Anyone here down load your AR magazines?

Why are you loading full mags on a closed bolt? Open it up insert mag and hit the release. Shoot until lock back insert new mag and release. Continue until threat is neutralized or you don't want to shoot anymore. Boom problem solved.

You need to tactical reload as often as you can to keep your gun as full as you can as High Exposure said. At a minumum you want to tac reload before you move, before you enter a room, during any lull in the action, and when you think its all over (because it may not be). You also want to have at least that one round in the chamber in case a target presents itself (moreso if it is shooting at you).

Not a new concept. Learned this in 1968. Had several half full magazines inside my shirt at the end of a fight more than once.

Well i guess that im the only one that has heard about njs duty to retreat law? Im not walking into any rooms looking for a fight in this state. the need for a tac reload is pretty much nonexistant here. You are effectively cutting your ammo supply in half by doing it constantly which i don't feel is a very good move either.

What if you need to fight to a family member in another room? If you were just involved in a shooting, why wouldn't you tac-load before moving just in case the bad guy has friends that you may meet on your way?

"Katte Kabuto No-O-O Shimeyo. (After victory, tighten your helmet strap.)"

- Tokugawa Ieyasu

Why would you want to risk getting in a gunfight with less than a full mag in your gun? Having 90 rounds in mags, but only 2 in your gun when you turn a corner and meet the pissed off friends of the guy you just shot at (note I didn't say hit) is not an effecient way to handle a gunfight. The ammo in your mags that are stuffed in your pockets/pouches does nothing to save your life RIGHT NOW. If it isn't in your gun, it may as well be on the moon.

The tac-load (or reload with retention for you lefties) should be a part of your post engagement sequence when appropriate:

1) Attend to your target

A) Scan and assess - finger on trigger/safety off (still in the fight here)

B) Did I hit?

C) Did it work?

D) Are there more?

2) Attend to your surroundings - finger off trigger/safety off (maintaining SA)

A) Where is useful cover?

B) Who do I need to communicate with?

C) Anyone else hurt?

D) Where am I going next?

3) Attend to your weapon - finger off trigger/safety on (prepare for the next fight)

A) In battery?

B) Do I need to clear a malfunction?

C) Tac-load

4) Attend to your mission - Finger off trigger/safety on (scanning for threats as you move)

A) Look for work

B) Assault/Fall back

The above is an example of a basic post-engagement sequence. this or something aimilar that should be anyone training to use a firearm for self defense or social purposes. This should be practiced at the range and is just as critical as sight alignment, trigger press, follow through for winning a deadly force encounter.

How are you cutting you ammo in half? The mags should be retained and you use what you have to keep the gun as full as possible. You still have the same amount of ammo on you. But now you have 15 rounds in the gun and 48 on your body instead of 60 on your body and 3 in your gun.

Saw the "down load" in the title and thought you were talking about downloading the 3D printing CAD file. Lolz

Funny you should mention that (I thought the same thing).. Not sure if April Fools Joke, but defcads website show a Govt Seizure page as of today

http://defensedistri...d.com/products/

http://defcad.org/

Edit* id say a hoax because it references the "indictment of several individuals and entities involved in the operation" Which breaks the common appearance of legitimate federal seizures.. Here is a seizure example typically found on sites selling counterfeit goods

ice-seizure-message.jpg

Well i guess that im the only one that has heard about njs duty to retreat law? Im not walking into any rooms looking for a fight in this state. the need for a tac reload is pretty much nonexistant here. You are effectively cutting your ammo supply in half by doing it constantly which i don't feel is a very good move either.

You need to read all the statutes regarding use of force. You have no duty to retreat if confronted with deadly force. HE covered the rest.

I keep all my mags -1...even tubular. I have this aversion to heavily compressing springs for a lenghty period of time.

Unless you compress or relax a modern spring past its elastic limit it will not affect the life of the spring.

Cycles of compression and relaxation are what wear springs out.

You can store mags to capacity and keep them loaded for years with no reduction in the springs ability to function as designed.

Unless you compress or relax a modern spring past its elastic limit it will not affect the life of the spring.

Cycles of compression and relaxation are what wear springs out.

You can store mags to capacity and keep them loaded for years with no reduction in the springs ability to function as designed.

Agreed. Its my quirk on the feed lips versus the spring. The 'fact' or 'myth' that the feed lips over time, especially the polymers can weaken / bend if they are under load...like jammed with 15 / 20 / 30 rounds. At least the P-mags with 14 and the mag cap that comes with them removes the pressure off the lips. Just another reason I like the P-mags. I had a C-Product mag bust the upper two spot-welds when it was stored loaded. I put it in the mag well, fired it and it just didn't sound right. When I unloaded it, I found the failed welds. The mag wasn't a heavily used one for sure.

We have a stack of 30 round pmags that have been loaded to 28 and stored without the caps (I throw my caps away) since 2008 at work. They live in the "Oh S#!T" box. I also have a bunch in my vest for work from about the same period.

We take a few out each year and shoot them up, then reload them and put them back in storage. We had had exactly zero issues.

As for the C Products mag, all I can say is all mags are not created equal.

We have a stack of 30 round pmags that have been loaded to 28 and stored without the caps (I throw my caps away) since 2008 at work. They live in the "Oh S#!T" box. I also have a bunch in my vest for work from about the same period.

We take a few out each year and shoot them up, then reload them and put them back in storage. We had had exactly zero issues.

As for the C Products mag, all I can say is all mags are not created equal.

ding ding ding