Thanks for the info...Are there any other rifle ranges to look into as well?

Depending on where you are in Morris Co, Old Bridge http://www.obrpc.org/ may not be too bad of a drive for you.

Even further south (but still Central jersey) is CJRPC http://www.cjrpc.com/

Range 14 is the cheapest, but is only open on certain days http://www.range-14.com/

Cherry Ridge is a good range. Between the pistol, rifle (50/100, 200/300yds), shotgun and rimfire ranges, you've pretty much got all your basic paper punching and clay busting needs covered. If you're looking for a bit more flexibility in your shooting (i.e. drawing from a holster, shooting at steel targets with something other than a .22, competitive shooting, etc.), CR is probably not the best range for you.

25 yd indoor at RTSP in Randolph, but some people here frown upon that idea.

Rifle Range Tommy.... Shooting anything other than 22LR at 25 yds is like kissing your cousin.

see what I mean? :lol:

my point is, it's an option and it's allowed at RTSP. whether you choose to do it is up to you.

Caine you wouldnt happen to know how mcuh the price increase is going to be?

From page 7 of the January-February 2012 ANJRPC News & Briefs magazine

Annual Adult - $240 first year -- $175 rewewals (current price is $210 first year, $142 renewals)

Age 60+ - $185 first year -- $135 rewewals (current price is $160 first year, $105 renewals)

Annual Junior - $90 first year -- $65 rewewals (current price is $89 first year, $65 renewals)

Annual Family - $295* first year -- $275 rewewals (current price is $265 first year, $210 renewals)

Family 60+ - $250** first year -- $200 rewewals (current price is $245 first year, $180 renewals)

Life - $1,500 (current price is $1330)

*Plus one-time initiation fee of $50 per family member other than primary member

**Plus one-time initiation fee of $40 per family member other than primary member

From page 7 of the January-February 2012 ANJRPC News & Briefs magazine

Annual Adult - $240 first year -- $175 rewewals (current price is $210 first year, $142 renewals)

Age 60+ - $185 first year -- $135 rewewals (current price is $160 first year, $105 renewals)

Annual Junior - $90 first year -- $65 rewewals (current price is $89 first year, $65 renewals)

Annual Family - $295* first year -- $275 rewewals (current price is $265 first year, $210 renewals)

Family 60+ - $250** first year -- $200 rewewals (current price is $245 first year, $180 renewals)

Life - $1,500 (current price is $1330)

*Plus one-time initiation fee of $50 per family member other than primary member

**Plus one-time initiation fee of $40 per family member other than primary member

thanks Caine, appreciate it

Prices go up March 1st, 2012

I guess technically for NEW memers they go up Monday Feb 6 as the next membership Sunday is March 4, after the price increase. So you pretty much have to go to the Feb 5 meeting to join before the increase. Mark those calanders and set your alarms now.

The newsletter said that existing members can renew their membership at the current rate before prices go up in March, but from looking a the online payment page, I can't tell if it will properly extend the membership for a year after the current membership expires.

i.e. my current membership expires 10/2012. If I pay for another year today, I should be paid up till 09/2013. But, if the system isn't set up correctly, it may set the expiration date as 01/2013.

Anthony, do you know anything about that?

The newsletter said that existing members can renew their membership at the current rate before prices go up in March, but from looking a the online payment page, I can't tell if it will properly extend the membership for a year after the current membership expires.

i.e. my current membership expires 10/2012. If I pay for another year today, I should be paid up till 09/2013. But, if the system isn't set up correctly, it may set the expiration date as 01/2013.

Anthony, do you know anything about that?

I have no idea, I do not have the time to get into membership issues. As treasurer I have enough ringing in my ears. Please email Kathy Chatterton, tell her I referred you and ask for clarification. [email protected]

Hope this helps.

Ant

Thanks Ant - I'll reach out to her and see what she says.

Let us know what you find out. My membership expires in April so I'd like to re-up before the price hike as well but like you I am a little concerned it won't be processed correctly. Thanks.

This is the reply I got from Kathy:

You can renew early and get the renewal to be from your Sept expiration date, shouldn’t be a problem whatever way you do it. If somehow it was incorrect we can always fix it for you

Yeah, I'd pay attention to the renewal date and hold onto the email confirmation after you make payment online so you have a record of the transaction should any problems arise down the line.

I will say that (in my experience at least) the folks that work at/for Cherry Ridge are usually pretty helpful with resolving membership problems.

Yeah, I'd pay attention to the renewal date and hold onto the email confirmation after you make payment online so you have a record of the transaction should any problems arise down the line.

I will say that (in my experience at least) the folks that work at/for Cherry Ridge are usually pretty helpful with resolving membership problems.

Just renewed online and the confirmation email showed I will be current up through 2013. I'll hold on to that email just in case.

I am actually considering adding one more year. $60.00 in total savings by pre-paying wouldn't be too bad.

Nice. I'm still considering what to do. Usually pay for a family membership, but the wife has gone twice in two years, and I'm starting to think it's not really worth it :D Decisions decisions

If you're going to be around for the next 10 years or so, sign up as a life member - spouses are free. I did it in 05, and with the current rate of increases, I'll break even in another year or two.

If you're going to be around for the next 10 years or so, sign up as a life member - spouses are free. I did it in 05, and with the current rate of increases, I'll break even in another year or two.

I've thought about it a lot, and probably should have done it during my first renewal. Unfortunately, more pressing financial matters dictate that a life membership isn't in the works for me this year. Such is life...