this_is_nascar

Legal for NJ Ownership?

I'm a .22LR junking, so when I stumbled across this awhile ago, I damn near sh*t myself. This thing looks sweet. I'm wondering if it's NJ legal? I'm unsure if the barrel length disqualifies it from being allowed in NJ.

http://www.henryrepe...urvival-ar7.cfm

Naa, no need, it's not like Kevin keeps it secret, Forum name is SpecialK.

You don't always see then in gun shops, but they do turn up now and then, you might want to check with your local FFL or shop that you normally use, and priced like a 22 to boot.

I have an AR-7. Great little rifle, after you fix the rear sight it's pretty accurate. Just don't flex the barrel.

I have wanted to get one for a while now, problem is most shops never have them in stock or if they do, they are not the black ones. I think that's a great gun to keep on my bike when I am riding around the country..

I have wanted to get one for a while now, problem is most shops never have them in stock or if they do, they are not the black ones. I think that's a great gun to keep on my bike when I am riding around the country..

Harry- if you ever are planning a trip you can borrow mine. COE before and after of course...

Harry- if you ever are planning a trip you can borrow mine. COE before and after of course...

Appreciate that Frank, but knowing me, when I see one and being I always have my FID with me, I'll be picking one up, think the money tree has a leaf or 2 left..

See you at he NJ2AS meeting if I can get there, looks like a go for now.

Rather than start another thread, I'll continue to add to this one. What about this thing? Legal in NJ or not? Does it get treated as a pistol or rifle? I don't consider myself a p*ssy, however I'm not so sure I'd want to shoot this thing, even with subsonic ammo. Maybe the Aguila Super Colibri would be the round I'd try.

Rather than start another thread, I'll continue to add to this one. What about this thing? Legal in NJ or not? Does it get treated as a pistol or rifle? I don't consider myself a p*ssy, however I'm not so sure I'd want to shoot this thing, even with subsonic ammo. Maybe the Aguila Super Colibri would be the round I'd try.

The pen gun pistol as pictured in the video , needs to be folded to shoot is not a NFA weapon like the video narration says. If it didn't need to be folded to shoot it would be an AOW (any other weapon) under the NFA and AOW is a $5 tax stamp.

A silencer is an NFA item by itself that requires a $200 tax stamp and needs to go through the NFA process. The folding pen gun might be legal in NJ as it is not an NFA item but threads on the end of the pen gun might make it an issue in NJ. I believe the silencer is prohibited in NJ.

I have a friend that has an old .22 rifle which holds a lot of rounds in a tube that I guess is right under the barrel, like a shotgun. I have never seen it, he told me what it was but I forgot. He got in trouble at a range since the thing holds 20+ rounds in that tube and is a semi-auto. He was just ripping them off like a machine-gun! Old guy comes-over to see what the heck is going-on, then tells him you can only load five rounds at a time.

So, is that gun NJ legit? It is not a detachable magazine.

The pen gun pistol as pictured in the video , needs to be folded to shoot is not a NFA weapon like the video narration says. If it didn't need to be folded to shoot it would be an AOW (any other weapon) under the NFA and AOW is a $5 tax stamp.

A silencer is an NFA item by itself that requires a $200 tax stamp and needs to go through the NFA process. The folding pen gun might be legal in NJ as it is not an NFA item but threads on the end of the pen gun might make it an issue in NJ. I believe the silencer is prohibited in NJ.

What is NFA?

What is NFA?

National Firearms Act of 1934

It regulates machine guns, silencers, destructive devices and concealable weapons like the pen gun and smooth bore pistols (not black powder). You CAN own these items in some states, you have to get fingerprinted, photographed, get the application signed off by the sheriff, send it off to the BATFE with a $200 fee for the tax stamp and wait anywhere from 3 to 6 months. There is a little more involved than that, but that is the basics. I do not own any NFA items, thought about it though.

Here is an active forum that covers NFA questions.

http://www.thehighroad.org/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Mike what kind of action was it, Lever, Bolt, Semi??

I thought he told me it was a semi, but I could be wrong. He has a lot of old stuff, used to hunt with his father all the time and they have quite a collection of hunting rifles and shotguns. Don't think he has a single handgun.

I thought he told me it was a semi, but I could be wrong. He has a lot of old stuff, used to hunt with his father all the time and they have quite a collection of hunting rifles and shotguns. Don't think he has a single handgun.

Sounds like a marlin 60?

I know the newer ones have a max of 15 rounds but have read that the older ones will hold more. yes they have a tube mag...

threaded barrel in itself is not an illegal item on a pistol.. it is a feature used to classify assault weapons.. but gun has to be semi auto with detachable mag..

Semi-autos are restricted to a 15-round capacity, regardless of the magazine being detachable.