Adam

Curious about IDPA

I never knew what it actually was, until today. Sitting here bored and looked it up on the Google machine and I'm interested in checking it out..

Is there anything coming up that I can spectate and see if it would be something I'd like to do? I'm in Monmouth County but don't mind a drive.

Rather than spectate, bring your gun and shoot. We are very new-shooter friendly and IDPA does not require a ton of equipment. Just a holster that covers the trigger, three magazines and one double or two single mag pouches. A good stiff belt that fits the keepers on whatever pants you'll be wearing will help.

Go to the IDPA website and find the link to the rules and read over them.

If you do intend to shoot, you do have pre-register as participation is limited due to range and time constraints.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Check out IDPA first, since it requires less equipment. IF you decide to try-out USPSA please go to a practice match first so you know what you're doing and what's expected equipment & safety wise. Less of a chance of getting DQ'd at a practice match since there is less movement (stages are smaller) and it's more beginner-friendly. Also some clubs' full day matches can get quite involved.

Upside is best time to join USPSA is at a regular monthly match: Pay $40.00 to join the national association and shoot the match for free (at least that's the way it used to be a while ago. Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Remember that smooth is fast and be safe & have fun!

Check out IDPA first, since it requires less equipment. IF you decide to try-out USPSA please go to a practice match first so you know what you're doing and what's expected equipment & safety wise. Less of a chance of getting DQ'd at a practice match since there is less movement (stages are smaller) and it's more beginner-friendly. Also some clubs' full day matches can get quite involved.

Upside is best time to join USPSA is at a regular monthly match: Pay $40.00 to join the national association and shoot the match for free (at least that's the way it used to be a while ago. Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Remember that smooth is fast and be safe & have fun!

This is so true, perfect place to get your feet wet, very friendly atmosphere and a lot less pressure than a regularly USPSA match.