reloaderguy

MA. gun owner charged with multiple felonies. It could happen here!

On its face it sounds ridiculous but we're only hearing one side. I want to know more details. What are the charges? What does the police report say?

On a similar theme, read this - guy is feeling depressed and unable to sleep, calls for help, mentions he owns firearms and gets a full SWAT team to tear his place apart and 2 weeks in jail:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/02/daniel-zimmerman/depressed-in-dc-dont-let-the-cops-know-about-it/

Not sure how the facts add up on this case, I'm surprised that someone who seems to have a firearms background had a pistol stolen inside his home, while he was present.

Only one person in my home has access, ever. Me

short of a burglar with some decent equipment and enough time to locate, and liberate my valuables, nobody handles the iron without me being there

This guy does NOT deserve whats happening, just seems strange

That's a lousy friend who would not only try to use someone else's gun to off themselves, but also in their bathroom. I mean that "friend" really caused a real S-storm for this guy. I mean, if he were serious about it, do it at your own place. geeze.

I wonder though, what if he borrowed rope or something from this guy. Would the police be charging him with a felony then?

Also noting that the guy doesn't actually say he's innocent. Did he have a "high capacity" magazine in the gun his friend snatched? An "assault weapon"? Grrrr, need more details!

Guess I've been jaded ever since Aitkens wasn't exactly forthcoming about having "high capacity" magazines when he was busted.

Also noting that the guy doesn't actually say he's innocent. Did he have a "high capacity" magazine in the gun his friend snatched? An "assault weapon"? Grrrr, need more details!

Guess I've been jaded ever since Aitkens wasn't exactly forthcoming about having "high capacity" magazines when he was busted.

It says a large capacity firearm, it's the media reporting it, were lucky it wasn't reported as a assault Glock with high capacity clip.

Who knows, they have a 10 round limit I think, to the media 10 rounds is large capacity, heck to the media owning 10 rounds are 9 more than you need and is considered overkill... :facepalm:

On "improper storage':

3/10/10

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/03/high_court_upholds_mass_law_re.html

BOSTON – The highest court in Massachusetts on Wednesday upheld the constitutionality of a state law that requires gun owners to lock weapons in their homes, a case closely watched by both gun-control and gun-rights proponents....

HOLY CRAP! I know this guy. He is a member of the Northern Lights Pyro Club, he's actually wearing the hat in the photo. Its a fireworks club in the Northeast. I just got involved with them a few years ago , became a member and typically get to 2 or so events per year. He is pretty involved with it. Crazy small world we live in.

For everyone who says how bad we have it here, MA is WORLDS worse in some cases..this kind of stuff happens all the time up there. it's been a long time since I had to deal with their system, but IIRC, their handgun permitting system is similar to ours, except that the local CLEO can revoke your licenses for almost Anything...

From the Worcester courthouse record:

Patrick C. Sullivan, 30, of 13 Stephanie Anne Lane, Sterling, charged with leaving a firearm in a vehicle and improperly storing a large-capacity firearm, continued to March 7.

I might be a newbie, but if the gun was left in a vehicle unattended, doesn't that violate a CCW being that the weapon would be considered out of the control of the owner and not actually being "carried" at the time of the theft? And yes, first and foremost, I would consider this a theft before I considered it any kind of violation against the gun owner... just something I'm putting out there for open debate...

Mass has different levels of gun ownership, it's possible he owned the "high cap" mag legally, after all full auto is legal there.

Mass has different levels of gun ownership, it's possible he owned the "high cap" mag legally, after all full auto is legal there.

Full auto is legal? Might have to look into that state for where to go when I leave PRNJ.

Most states, about 40-45 I believe.

And yes, it is legal in PA.

Goes to show you what being NJ born and bred will do. I thought that it was ILLEGAL in most states. You need a Class III though, don't you?

Goes to show you what being NJ born and bred will do. I thought that it was ILLEGAL in most states. You need a Class III though, don't you?

Yes, in most states you have to comply with federal regulations and that's it. A few states have additional requirements, but will still give normal people a permit. Only 5-10 states outright prohibit or defacto prohibit full auto/select fire weapons.

Every time I go to my range in Philly I get asked "When are you moving out of that damn communist state?"

Yes, in most states you have to comply with federal regulations and that's it. A few states have additional requirements, but will still give normal people a permit. Only 5-10 states outright prohibit or defacto prohibit full auto/select fire weapons.

Every time I go to my range in Philly I get asked "When are you moving out of that damn communist state?"

Without looking, let me guess. CA, NJ, NY, Illinois, and RI.

While I was at the range in PA, a guy walks in with a full auto 9mm carbine. Some German thing I believe. It wasn't the range's gun because it was in a fancy case. I know my friend's 22 year old son recognized the gun right away. Must be in a video game.

Anyways, why does this guy call himself a good Samaritan?

Before I hop on anyone's legal team I need to know more facts. The guy only tells part of the story. He doesn't say what he's being charged with or why.

While I was at the range in PA, a guy walks in with a full auto 9mm carbine. Some German thing I believe. It wasn't the range's gun because it was in a fancy case. I know my friend's 22 year old son recognized the gun right away. Must be in a video game.

Anyways, why does this guy call himself a good Samaritan?

Before I hop on anyone's legal team I need to know more facts. The guy only tells part of the story. He doesn't say what he's being charged with or why.

German 9mm auto weapon? They had a few, but the most likely is the Heckler and Koch MP5. Otherwise, if it was a stamped steel firearm, it's the much cooler MP40 9mm.

Most states, about 40-45 I believe.

And yes, it is legal in PA.

Full Auto and all NFA items legal here in Kentucky. That is if one can afford a full auto, over $5000 to $15,000 and even higher due to the Hughes Amendment. No, I don't own any NFA items.