reloaderguy

MA. gun owner charged with multiple felonies. It could happen here!

unconstitutional laws are not lawful. Yes you can be arrested for them, but they do not have to be followed if you are an American. Civil disobedience is one of the only ways to overturn laws sometimes. Are you suggesting that Rosa Parks should have followed the law to the T?

• Like 2

Goes to show you what being NJ born and bred will do. I thought that it was ILLEGAL in most states. You need a Class III though, don't you?

Not exactly..you basically have to do what we do here for a Handgun permit..Fill out an application, submit fingerprints, get a signoff from your local CLEO, and pay your $200 to ATF..about 6 months later you get your Tax stamp in the mail, and can go pick up your Ridiculously overpriced Machinegun crom your Class III DEALER Class III is the designation for a dealer status, not the End-user.

unconstitutional laws are not lawful. Yes you can be arrested for them, but they do not have to be followed if you are an American. Civil disobedience is one of the only ways to overturn laws sometimes. Are you suggesting that Rosa Parks should have followed the law to the T?

Who gets to decide if a law is unconstitutional?

Civil disobedience works if you can get a useful percentage of the population to agree with you, and if you have nothing to lose by pursuing your goal.

Who gets to decide if a law is unconstitutional?

Everyone does. No one person or group was given the power to decide what is and what isn't unconstitutional. It just holds more weight when someone with a gun on them makes the decision. The forefathers knew this and that si why we as citizens have the right to keep and bear arms. That way when the government decides to have their people with guns on their hips enoforce unconstitutional laws the people can stand up to them and remind them what the Constituion says.

Everyone does. No one person or group was given the power to decide what is and what isn't unconstitutional. It just holds more weight when someone with a gun on them makes the decision. The forefathers knew this and that si why we as citizens have the right to keep and bear arms. That way when the government decides to have their people with guns on their hips enoforce unconstitutional laws the people can stand up to them and remind them what the Constituion says.

you cannot have just one guy breaking the law and figuring its ok b/c that ONE person felt it was unconstitutional. I think our CCW laws are as well, but i dont walk around with my carry gun. If i did and got caught, i wouldnt expect anyone here to be sympathetic just b/c I felt it was unconstitutional to limit my ability to carry. Sometimes i think you are living in a dream world.

Nope I live in the real world. You are living in a sleep world, but it ain't a dream. It scares the **** out of me how so many people here really think this is the way life is just because they were raised under this oppressive rule. Wake up from your nightmare people, life is great and we do have Rights!

For everyone who says how bad we have it here, MA is WORLDS worse in some cases..this kind of stuff happens all the time up there. it's been a long time since I had to deal with their system, but IIRC, their handgun permitting system is similar to ours, except that the local CLEO can revoke your licenses for almost Anything...

Very true. Butttttttt, instead of handgun permits, they issue you a LTC. But you are correct that you can get stripped of it very easy if you do something stupid.

not sure but they may have a grandfather clause in regards to high caps

Yes, you can buy 'preban' magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds. You can buy preban ARs that dont need to be neutered as well.

I had a response originally to TheLugNutz and kenw, but SpecialK's responses mirrored my sentiments nearly exactly. I will respond to one thing though.

and if you have nothing to lose by pursuing your goal.

When you begin to feel as if you have nothing to lose, it is because everything has already been taken away, but just because it maybe hasn't got to that point yet doesn't mean you shouldn't fight for things...unless of course you are weak and a coward.

I've tried to verify this story as best I could, but I can find nothing. According to his post which was dated (Sunday) Jan. 29th the event happened on Saturday (the day before). I looked at the facebook page for worcesterphotostudios.com that he mentioned and apparently it's his facebook page (at least it seems so, the email is patrick@... ) and there were really no other postings except for comment ratings (likes).

In his orginal story he doesn't refer to the police department or town by name. His cell phone number is for Worchester Massachusetts and so I searched various news agencies in that region via the internet. Google , Bing... nothing. Tried crime logs, nothing. I'm not saying his story is fabricated, but he would need to be more forthcoming before I would send him any financial support.

As far as his guilt or innocence goes... there isn't enough information to say what he is innocent or guilty of.

Hi Caps have to be pre ban 1994 and you can own as many as you want.

You are thinking of NY, Mass has another system, that bans most AW and "high caps", however you can get licensed to own semi auto "AWs" and full auto including "high cap" mags. As far as full auto, I know they put extra requirements over the fed requirements in Mass, even so they have about 5000 full auto's in private hands.

Wow, I started reading MA gun laws.... MA BRAIN HURTS. They have a roster of "state approved weapons" define "large capacity weapons" as those that can basically accept a magazine. Then there are storage laws, and of course confusing exemptions for posession. If his car was parked in a public street, it could be messy.

M.G.L. c. 140, § 131L makes it unlawful to store or keep any firearm, rifle or shotgun including, but not limited to, large capacity weapons, or machine gun in any place unless such weapon is secured in a locked container or equipped with a tamper-resistant mechanical lock or other safety device, properly engaged so as to render such weapon inoperable by any person other than the owner or other lawfully authorized.

*NOTE: The law does not require that these devices be approved as required in section 131K.

Garbage on having a gun in a car: http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter269/Section10

Enough to have your head explode.

Wow, I started reading MA gun laws.... MA BRAIN HURTS. They have a roster of "state approved weapons" define "large capacity weapons" as those that can basically accept a magazine. Then there are storage laws, and of course confusing exemptions for posession. If his car was parked in a public street, it could be messy.

Garbage on having a gun in a car: http://www.malegisla...er269/Section10

Ouch! Now my brain hurts. Wherefore, as defined by, Paragraph x of subsection z, thereto and hereby... you've got to be kidding.

For everyone who says how bad we have it here, MA is WORLDS worse in some cases..this kind of stuff happens all the time up there. it's been a long time since I had to deal with their system, but IIRC, their handgun permitting system is similar to ours, except that the local CLEO can revoke your licenses for almost Anything...

Just remember on election day when the powers that be want you to vote for Governor Romney, he was not the ray of sunshine exposing the darkness up there in MA.

It would be better if he wasn't the one placed to run up against the Czar-in-Chief, just based on the 2nd Amendment issues that he did nothing to change in MA (or the controlling healthcare he imposed on that state's citizens).

Although MA does have the New England Patriots!

Check and see about if you are caught with just a piece of empty brass in your car what they can do to you. I heard about that at the NJ2AS meeting from Rob and was I shocked. Hearing what he said, I wouldn't ever drive my current car to MA being I probably have a few pieces floating around someplace inside after a bag of range brass including a bunch of 22LR brass broke open and, well lets just say I was cleaning for a while and I still find some now and again.

You are thinking of NY, Mass has another system, that bans most AW and "high caps", however you can get licensed to own semi auto "AWs" and full auto including "high cap" mags. As far as full auto, I know they put extra requirements over the fed requirements in Mass, even so they have about 5000 full auto's in private hands.

You are incorrect. If you have a MA LTC-A you can purchase pre ban hi-caps!

They have 2 conflicting laws that the people in MA do nothing to fight. They have a "roster of state approved weapons" of which can be sold new by dealers in the state. But they also have the "AG'S approved list" which means if the gun is on the states approved roster but has not made it on the AG'S list they cannot be sold by dealers. The guns have to be submitted to the AG'S office for testing before they are approved. You cannot go into a gun store in MA and guy a new Glock,HK, Springfield, Les Baer.

http://www.fsguns.com/fsg_information.html

But if you move into the state and bring your guns that are not on the roster you can do a FTF sale to anyone except a dealer that is not allowed to sell it. They also cannot buy ammo over the internet and most places like Cabelas and Midway won't even sell you a pair of socks,let alone reloading componets.

Most states, about 40-45 I believe.

And yes, it is legal in PA.

Targetmaster in PA will rent you a fully automatic! The catch is, you have to buy their ammo when using it. Boy, that ammo bill would run up fast if it were me shooting.

If a court does not rule a law unconstitutional it is still a law. That is the way the system works according to the Constitution. To suggest that most of the people on this forum are not Americans because they obey the law is quite an insult.

How many acts of civil disobedience have you participated in lately? What unconstitutional laws have you been arrested for?

Please do not not compare this to Rosa Parks. What Rosa Parks did was a cleverly calculated move on the part of civil rights groups and all their lawyers were well onboard and aware of what was going to happen before Rosa Parks stepped on that bus knowing she had a lot of backing. Make sure you know your history before you start comparing.

If a court does not rule a law unconstitutional it is still a law. That is the way the system works according to the Constitution. To suggest that most of the people on this forum are not Americans because they obey the law is quite an insult.

How many acts of civil disobedience have you participated in lately? What unconstitutional laws have you been arrested for?

Please do not not compare this to Rosa Parks. What Rosa Parks did was a cleverly calculated move on the part of civil rights groups and all their lawyers were well onboard and aware of what was going to happen before Rosa Parks stepped on that bus knowing she had a lot of backing. Make sure you know your history before you start comparing.

Please point out in the Constitution where it is the courts decision on what is Constitutional and what is not. Make sure you know your Constitution before you start talking about it.

I said " Yes you can be arrested for them, but they do not have to be followed if you are an American." At no point did I say an American cannot choose to follow these unconstitutional laws as well. if you feel insulted then you have nothing to blame but your lack of reading comprehension.

Guys, MA has a law for arguing on forums, it is in section one hundred and forty two subsection j, unless you adhere to paragraph seventy five subsection sixty two of article II in the ninteen ninty eight revised statutes of MA law on the ownership and posession of empty cardboard boxes.

I tried searching through their gun laws more, but its like comitting self flagellation. I can't believe NJ and MA are part of the USA. Both states go out of their way to try to legally ensnare their own citizens. It is clear that MA wants to discourage people from exercising their 2A rights as much as possible... just like NJ but even in a worse way.

You are incorrect. If you have a MA LTC-A you can purchase pre ban hi-caps!

That may be so, I'm certainly not an authority on MA gun laws. But from your post it sounded like you were saying that anyone could buy pre Sept 1994 "high cap" mags, which is the case in NY but not in MA - as I said, and you are confirming, MA has different levels of gun "permissions" that allow different levels of ownership.

. I can't believe NJ and MA are part of the USA. Both states go out of their way to try to legally ensnare their own citizens. It is clear that MA wants to discourage people from exercising their 2A rights as much as possible... just like NJ but even in a worse way.

As I understand it (from reading the history of the gun control laws of the states) Massachusetts (and Illinois) got their ideas for the FID system from New Jersey's implementation of the Sills FID gun control act of 1966.

Please point out in the Constitution where it is the courts decision on what is Constitutional and what is not. Make sure you know your Constitution before you start talking about it.

I said " Yes you can be arrested for them, but they do not have to be followed if you are an American." At no point did I say an American cannot choose to follow these unconstitutional laws as well. if you feel insulted then you have nothing to blame but your lack of reading comprehension.

I am familiar with the Constitution and it gives the SCOTUS ulitmate judiciary power. being the Constitutional scholar that you are I'm sure you are aware of the Judiciary Act of 1789 (took them a long time to figure that out didn't it) which defined the makeup and powers of the SCOTUS and gave them the ultimate authority of judicial review. That has been law for over 220 years so I guess that's pretty locked in along with the intent of the Founding Fathers.

You didn't say "At no point did I say an American cannot choose to follow these unconstitutional laws as well." There is nothing wrong with my reading comprehension.

This sounds a lot like "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." that was Mao Tse Tung in 1938. Sounds more like sedition than exercising a right.

Nope I live in the real world. You are living in a sleep world, but it ain't a dream. It scares the **** out of me how so many people here really think this is the way life is just because they were raised under this oppressive rule. Wake up from your nightmare people, life is great and we do have Rights!

Let me know when you are going to march on Trenton with your torch and pitchfork and gun on your hip. i live in the real world of a Rule of Law not who has the guns.

If you want to keep up the discussion of Rights please start another thread.

[

i live in the real world of a Rule of Law not who has the guns.

Who enforces laws?

Those with guns.

Who seemingly gets away with more and more violations of laws?

Those with badges and guns.

Rule of law holds no meaning unless there is a means to enforce them. So if those who have the power, have the authority, and have the guns, are also the ones making bad laws, what is your recourse, other than to match them with arms?

So how does this "rule of law" work without "not who has the guns"?

As I understand it (from reading the history of the gun control laws of the states) Massachusetts (and Illinois) got their ideas for the FID system from New Jersey's implementation of the Sills FID gun control act of 1966.

Figures that NJ was the evil root that started it all. I'm not surprised, it is for many things...