RAL1979

FYI Cherry Ridge Pistol Range Closed This Week

Like the title says, pistol range closed this week until Friday 2/17. Spoke to the RO, and he said they are adding "Police Ports" at the pistol range, which will enable members to be able to shoot while the police are using the range.

We will all see in a week, from what I gather this is stage 1(clearing site prep) to the left of the pistol range

roomers of what I do not know , pit? 10+ ports? we shall see ,but Yes good things are happening to Our range.

Like the title says, pistol range closed this week until Friday 2/17. Spoke to the RO, and he said they are adding "Police Ports" at the pistol range, which will enable members to be able to shoot while the police are using the range.

Hmm more things we can't use? (I'm referring to the clay pigeon throwers locked in the shed) Glad my dues are going to make the club more money...

Hmm more things we can't use? (I'm referring to the clay pigeon throwers locked in the shed) Glad my dues are going to make the club more money...

Dude, were have you been ? The throwers are available to rent at the store.

Where's Anthony? He mentioned an action pistol area. Maybe this is it? It sounded like it was years away but maybe not.

don't know what is planed , we'll all find out soon enough ,my impression is that it is going to add 10+ 25yrd ports to handle more volume , and so the entire pistol range will not close for events.

The operator that is currently there has worked miracles before,

but You may not realize the magnitude and scope of work that needs to be completed,I understand the world was created in six days

but we are only giving this guy five. Please call the hotline BEFORE

planing to go to the pistol range.

Was there on Sunday and they cleared some trees but that's all they did.

Also heard don't expect anything of a "pit" going in. This is purely for the fact that when they have police qualification, they can leave the main range open and let the police qualify, and then when the police aren't using it, it will be open to the general members. Don't expect steel or anything else.

It will literally be an additional 10 ports.

you may think it's a pit but i guarantee you won't be shooting anywhere but on the line and at anything but paper

Given the increasing cost of membership and the unwillingness to change, it doesn't seem worth renewing my membership. I'll stick with Shongum.

Given the increasing cost of membership and the unwillingness to change, it doesn't seem worth renewing my membership. I'll stick with Shongum.

You and a lot of other people including myself are saying the exact same thing Col!

Unfortunatley for every one of us that leaves 20 other people sign up so we are the minority so nothing will change. From what I understand Anthony has pretty much thrown in his hat because the 140 year old board just is not willing to do anything so he's done.

Wait, the pistol range is closed during the week? And all of this just to add police ports? The range schedule on the website makes no mention of this. Are you sure about this?

oh boy, i can't wait to drive up there and NOT be able to get in...i have not been there in a while. That is gonna go over like a turd in the punchbowl. or drive up and find out the pistol range is closed....another great success!

As stated on the schedule And I quote

" Current work projects may requiring closing one or more of the ranges at Cherry Ridge. Please call the RANGE AVAILABILITY HOTLINE (973) 764-1333 before you come to the range."

The hotline is being updated with the latest info as soon as conditions change,

the main reason Anthony GFH doesn't post anything here anymore is because he thought you guys could have open civil discussions

Instead we have rants,b1tching and griping, and nothing constructive happening here.......But I do not want to speak for him perhaps you should contact him yourself.

" Current work projects may requiring closing one or more of the ranges at Cherry Ridge. Please call the RANGE AVAILABILITY HOTLINE (973) 764-1333 before you come to the range."

The hotline is being updated with the latest info as soon as conditions change,

the main reason Anthony GFH doesn't post anything here anymore is because he thought you guys could have open civil discussions

Instead we have rants,b1tching and griping, and nothing constructive happening here.......But I do not want to speak for him perhaps you should contact him yourself.

why is my commet not civil? I was just commenting that if in fact they DO put in a pin access gate, as PAID member, I SHOULD be told and have the key or pin. IF not, you are NOT doing anything but STEALING my $ by denying me access.

But i guess now that we can pay the presidenty what 150k a year? I should be thrilled.

yea..maybe some basic consideration and communication would be good. I have an email address, and a phone. They sure know how to get ahold of me to give them $

let me ask, do the cops pay to use the range?

if not why? Its my $ paying for that crap..not just in my taxes but in my member dues...give me a break!

there, is that the response you wanted jackass?

Ah, that was on the main page, found it. I had the schedule page linked and was looking there with no mention of the work projects. My only gripe was that I didn't see it posted. Nevermind then.

I was going to suggest that they could open up say five ports on the 100 yard range for pistol use while this goes on. That would accomodate everyone.

Fine.

Closure of the handgun range to accomodate a project we have little information on is frustrating and acts as a springboard for unconfirmed reports that the work being done will benefit only a handful of specific parties & NOT the majority of the range's membership.

The easiest solution to this would be for the board to provide clear communication about what the completed project will accomplish. Of course, that would only be effective if the project DOES actually benefit club members as a whole. If that's not the case, then concealing actual purpose of the work for as long as possible is probably the right strategy.

• Like 3

I think what finally set Anthony off was a thread that insinuated that GFH was gouging its customers. The irony is that many of us who took GFH courses are quite happy with GFH and will continue going there. It was just ONE guy saying this.

As for LEO's paying to use the range, maintaining a positive relationship with law enforcement is good for the range and for all gun owners. We do not want to alienate LEO's.

Fine.

Closure of the handgun range to accomodate a project we have little information on is frustrating and acts as a springboard for unconfirmed reports that the work being done will benefit only a handful of specific parties & NOT the majority of the range's membership.

The easiest solution to this would be for the board to provide clear communication about what the completed project will accomplish. Of course, that would only be effective if the project DOES actually benefit club members as a whole. If that's not the case, then concealing actual purpose of the work for as long as possible is probably the right strategy.

Once again its their lack of communication . Trying not to get my underwear all bunched up over this but you'd think an inconvenience as large as this would prompt an email blast to the general membership. You just know not everyone auotomatically calls the schedule hotline for a routine weekday visit.