this_is_nascar

Looking for a New Range to Replace Hague's

Hauges is a joke with their prices. When I was shopping for my sig p250 I went there and they were asking $750. I went to Ed's which is just a couple miles away in deptford and paid $530 for the same damn gun. Their ammo is insane also. Getting free rentals is cool but I stopped going in there out of principle. Did you consider quinton? That's a nice club. I'd suggest the Salem county sportsman's club but it's hard to get in there.

http://www.quintonsportsmensclub.com/

It's a gun shop. They don't have a range but his prices are better then all the other shops around. Place has been there forever. It's right near filamena's lake view.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/FFLDealers/FFLDealerDetails.aspx?sid=41281

I shoot a Hagues too, yes its more expensive then others, yes one or two of them have a bit of a tude, but you can usuallt get right in, if your a memebr you can bring your own ammo targets etc and it cost you nothing. Im considering SJSC as I would like to shoot outdoors but they are a bit further for me as well. Sadly there is no great option in this area, for prchasing a gun I would reccomend Paul at AA, he has a great selection is the best priced I have seen in S Jersey. For shooting, cedar creek for clays or M&M, all other guns.....not great options. Good luck!

What is Ed's in Deptford? Never heard of them.

Little gunshop right off of Rt 41, behind the Krazy Kat bar, down the street from the Home Depot. I still haven't checked that place out. They got a new shop sign recently, spruced the place up a bit. I had thought it was closed down for years, as it used to be so dilapidated from the outside.

Hauge's prices are way too obscene for me to ever go there again, and I live in the same damn town!!! I could WALK there if I wanted to! I went one time to check the place out, cost almost $100 to shoot my .45 for an hour. F that noise. I went and became a member at USANA, 45 minutes south in Elmer. Mudhole of a place, but it's usually pretty empty, and I'm not paying $400 a year to be a member there, no sir!

I shoot a Hagues too, yes its more expensive then others, yes one or two of them have a bit of a tude, but you can usuallt get right in, if your a memebr you can bring your own ammo targets etc and it cost you nothing. Im considering SJSC as I would like to shoot outdoors but they are a bit further for me as well. Sadly there is no great option in this area, for prchasing a gun I would reccomend Paul at AA, he has a great selection is the best priced I have seen in S Jersey. For shooting, cedar creek for clays or M&M, all other guns.....not great options. Good luck!

Juddster, can you explain more about this AA? Is it a store? Private FFL?

Does USANA have a website or anywhere where you can get more information on them?

It's not too far away, but I can't find any info.

There's a website, but there's little useful information outside of range hours and location. Doesn't pop up on google searches. I forget the web address myself.

Is USANA still open? We were just talking about them last night and no one knew. My wife grew up right down the street and we used to go there to play paintball. They had an awesome course.

They are as far as I know! I just was there about a month ago. It's usually pretty empty, so it can seem closed down if you are used to a range being packed full of people.

USANA is $120/yr. I was a member but did not renew it this year. I joined Quinton Sportsmen, its a 20 minute further drive but the place is really nice and they are always holding activities for the members. They held an IDPA shoot this past weekend.

They're good people at Ed's.

Ed the younger is now at the helm since Ed the older passed a couple of years ago.

His mom Verna is still there, bless her soul.

Stop in there sometime.

Ed was a good guy. I transferred my CBOB through him a few years ago. Last time I saw him was up at the OGAM hearing in Trenton.

Ed passed away. Damn... I had not been in his shop in awhile, dont get down to Gloucester County as much as I used to. I am sorry to hear this, I used to stop in there and buy something, just to shoot the breeze with he and the wife. My condolences go out to the family.

Hauges is a joke with their prices. When I was shopping for my sig p250 I went there and they were asking $750. I went to Ed's which is just a couple miles away in deptford and paid $530 for the same damn gun. Their ammo is insane also. Getting free rentals is cool but I stopped going in there out of principle. Did you consider quinton? That's a nice club. I'd suggest the Salem county sportsman's club but it's hard to get in there.

http://www.quintonsportsmensclub.com/

I was just on Hague's Facebook page. Someone was asking about a Beretta 92A1 and was quoted a price of $725 + Tax and NICS. For that same gun at Ed's it's $660 plus the extras. I know that because I called Ed's yesterday about it. For you guys in northern-Jersey, one can be had for $580 plus extras from Jim Flynn's Truck Repair. That place was way to far for me to travel, but what a great price.

Did you try Tommy Morris's place in national park. He doesn't advertise but has good stuff. I just know em because all us gibbstown guys get ammo cheap from him.

Eagle point gun

http://fflgundealers.net/eagle-point-gun-t-j-morris-sons.html

I was just on Hague's Facebook page. Someone was asking about a Beretta 92A1 and was quoted a price of $725 + Tax and NICS. For that same gun at Ed's it's $660 plus the extras. I know that because I called Ed's yesterday about it. For you guys in northern-Jersey, one can be had for $580 plus extras from Jim Flynn's Truck Repair. That place was way to far for me to travel, but what a great price.

I stopped in Hague's the other day with my 4 year old. He had never been in a gun shop and we ordered pizza from a place up the street from there and it wasn't ready yet, so I had 20 minutes to kill. He really liked looking at all the guns, but I did notice the price of the Beretta... I remember 5 years ago they were offering the 92FS, 3 mags, and a .22 conversion kit for less than $700. I wonder why they've had such major increases in prices (guns and memberships alike).

USANA is $120/yr. I was a member but did not renew it this year. I joined Quinton Sportsmen, its a 20 minute further drive but the place is really nice and they are always holding activities for the members. They held an IDPA shoot this past weekend.

Do they have any crazy rules? Black Rifle friendly?

I stopped in Hague's the other day with my 4 year old. He had never been in a gun shop and we ordered pizza from a place up the street from there and it wasn't ready yet, so I had 20 minutes to kill. He really liked looking at all the guns, but I did notice the price of the Beretta... I remember 5 years ago they were offering the 92FS, 3 mags, and a .22 conversion kit for less than $700. I wonder why they've had such major increases in prices (guns and memberships alike).

I don't know how many years ago, but apparrently, it's new owership when it went from ??? to Hague's.

Have never been there or shot but here is the info...

http://www.delranjuniormarksman.com/

Good Luck.

2. REGULAR DAYS AND HOURS OF OPERATION

A. The range will be open to members and the public Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 noon to 4:30 pm. Range Safety Officers, at their discretion, may keep the range open later

B. The range will be open to members and the public on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 pm till closing during designated months.

C. The range may be open on weekdays from 9:00 am until closing, and on Saturday mornings from 9:a m to noon for use by Range Safety Officers (and their guests), or by reservation with a Range Safety Officer present.

D. There is no firing permitted on Sunday mornings, with the exception of the air rifle range, or any non-firearm range that exists.

E. Junior training courses take priority over any open range time.

F. The Range Safety Officer may close a single range, or the entire range, at any time, when, in their judgment, safety is compromised.

Am I reading this right? They're not open weekdays for the normal "Joe User"?

The Zinn family sold to the owner of Elmer Arms in 03-04

Went from a nice indoor range that had a little shop

to

a wannabe mega gunstore that rents hi-priced range time to anyone, and has negative personability among its staff

When the hoodratz and their less than stellar behaviors became regular occurences, it was time to not go back

2. REGULAR DAYS AND HOURS OF OPERATION

A. The range will be open to members and the public Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 noon to 4:30 pm. Range Safety Officers, at their discretion, may keep the range open later

B. The range will be open to members and the public on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 pm till closing during designated months.

C. The range may be open on weekdays from 9:00 am until closing, and on Saturday mornings from 9:a m to noon for use by Range Safety Officers (and their guests), or by reservation with a Range Safety Officer present.

D. There is no firing permitted on Sunday mornings, with the exception of the air rifle range, or any non-firearm range that exists.

E. Junior training courses take priority over any open range time.

F. The Range Safety Officer may close a single range, or the entire range, at any time, when, in their judgment, safety is compromised.

Am I reading this right? They're not open weekdays for the normal "Joe User"?

Yep, only sat, sun, and during may-september weds nights too.