this_is_nascar

Looking for a New Range to Replace Hague's

Did you try Tommy Morris's place in national park. He doesn't advertise but has good stuff. I just know em because all us gibbstown guys get ammo cheap from him.

Eagle point gun

http://fflgundealers...orris-sons.html

Can anyone go to Tommy Morris's place, I live ten mins from national park and i never knew that there was a gun shop over there.

Thanks Dave. I fired them off an e-mail to ask about whether I should have received a membership card or not with my free subscription.

Well, I never did get an e-mail response from the NRA concerning my question, but today, I did receive my membership info and card. The name is spelled wrong on the card. Why am I not surprised. Looks like I got a couple stickers a sh*tload of adds for life and accidental insurance. Maybe they should move some of the workforce that packs the envelopes over to answering e-mails so members can actually get a response.

I'm going to throw SJSC out there again in this thread. 4 ranges, a tactical range (limited to training classes and competition), archery range.

You can bring two guests for $10 each.

As long as the gun is NJ legal, you can shoot it there.

Open 7 days a week from dawn till dusk.

Only down side is shotgun. You can pattern on the 50 yard range, but no trap shooting. There is Pine Vally gun club in Pine Hill which is a trap/skeet club if your looking for a place to shoot shotgun.

I'm going to throw SJSC out there again in this thread. 4 ranges, a tactical range (limited to training classes and competition), archery range.

You can bring two guests for $10 each.

As long as the gun is NJ legal, you can shoot it there.

Open 7 days a week from dawn till dusk.

Only down side is shotgun. You can pattern on the 50 yard range, but no trap shooting. There is Pine Vally gun club in Pine Hill which is a trap/skeet club if your looking for a place to shoot shotgun.

Appreciate it. I continue to read about this place, so your suggestion is not falling on deaf ears.

Well, I never did get an e-mail response from the NRA concerning my question, but today, I did receive my membership info and card. The name is spelled wrong on the card. Why am I not surprised. Looks like I got a couple stickers a sh*tload of adds for life and accidental insurance. Maybe they should move some of the workforce that packs the envelopes over to answering e-mails so members can actually get a response.

Nascar, how long did it take to get your membership card from the time that you joined? I got my China hat and some other stuff so far, but no membership card yet.

Do they have any crazy rules? Black Rifle friendly?

USANA doesn't have any absurd rules. They are safety conscious, so no goofing around. They don't allow anything other than paper targets either, though I might take some tin cans with me next time I go. My feeling is nobody will care as long as I take the cans with me when I leave. You must have gone through the safety course with one of their instructors to use the indoor pistol range, and guests are NOT allowed to use the indoor range, authorized members only.

I only use the outdoor ranges myself, so that's a non-issue to me. As for being "black-rifle" friendly, I don't think anybody would care. I wouldn't personally know though, everything I take there is the color brown and blued or parkerized steel. Combat rifles, etc. There's a good collection of hunters that use the place, they don't shoot that fast. I got some looks one time when I was firing my M1897 shotgun one time, it doesn't have a trigger disconnect. So it fired as fast as I could rack the slide, lol. Easy way to blow through 5 shotshells.

Nascar, how long did it take to get your membership card from the time that you joined? I got my China hat and some other stuff so far, but no membership card yet.

At least a month and a half, since my membership shows started the middle of January on the card.

I guess this is no surprise, but I've also just learned that Hague's "customizes" their Facebook page to only show comments and questions that are favorable to them. For example, I know someone that put a comment on their wall about the disappointment in what Hague's called an "Ammo Sale". They basically took about 15-boxes off the shelf and discounted it by a couple bucks. That was the sale. The expection by all, but that they'd have cases of ammo up for sale. This guy wrote about his displeasure and in a couple of days, the comment was removed. In addition, they've block this person from posting comments on the Hague's FB page totally.

Ray,

Knowing the drive and what I have already posted which you commented on, Shore Shot is the only place I have been too and wouldn't recommend it for that drive. I have never been but SJSC sounds like a decent choice. I can understand your point of view on the NRA thing but since you have it its a non-issue. It certainly wouldnt hurt to take the drive over and shoot as a guest and see what you think. This way you can experience the drive and the range without commitment. Can't believe how bad Hagues sounds!! Good luck my friend!

Ray,

Knowing the drive and what I have already posted which you commented on, Shore Shot is the only place I have been too and wouldn't recommend it for that drive. I have never been but SJSC sounds like a decent choice. I can understand your point of view on the NRA thing but since you have it its a non-issue. It certainly wouldnt hurt to take the drive over and shoot as a guest and see what you think. This way you can experience the drive and the range without commitment. Can't believe how bad Hagues sounds!! Good luck my friend!

I absolutely agree and that's what I plan on doing someday soon.

In reading more on the SJSC's website, can some explain to me about the "Range Flag System"? Not so much about the colors or what they mean, but the execution instead. How often do you have to stop shooting for someone to trek down range to do something? I'd imagine is partially based on how many shooters are at a particular range. What I want to avoid is having to stop every 3-minutes because someone decides they need to mosy on down to the target, stopping everyone else from shooting.

In reading more on the SJSC's website, can some explain to me about the "Range Flag System"? Not so much about the colors or what they mean, but the execution instead. How often do you have to stop shooting for someone to trek down range to do something? I'd imagine is partially based on how many shooters are at a particular range. What I want to avoid is having to stop every 3-minutes because someone decides they need to mosy on down to the target, stopping everyone else from shooting.

Red flag : shooting permitted from inside the shooting shed behind the firing line.

Green flag: no shooting from behind the firing line. Green flag stays up if your walking up and shooting outside the shed.

In my experience everyone has been cool about changing targets, etc. Most people will be courteous and wait till everyone stops shooting before they go up to change targets. Depending on when you go to the range, it may only be you and 1-2 other people out there.

Anyone know about Hutton Hill in Winslow? Looking at map quest it looks like its next door to SJSC? Thier web site looks like it might be a nice place?

Any info is appreciated.

My cousin used to belong there befor joining SJSC. He had to do work details and things of that nature as part of his membership. He also complained that in the summer months the grass was high enough that you needed to cut a line with a machetti to see the backstop from the bench.

I'm not 100% sure but I think you have to be brought in by an existing member to join as well.

As mentioned in another thread, my Hague's membership expired in April and I refuse to renew it.  I've decided on SJSC, despite the distance from me.  It just seems like the best value to me, after doing a bunch of research.  Has anyone else from here been thinking about joining?  If so, maybe we could all decide on attending the same orientation.  I'm probably not going to do anything until July or August, due to other commitments I have going on.  Just figured I'd throw it out there.

Thanks again for all the input and feedback to this thread.  I know it's been dormant for sometime, but it was helpful in me reaching my decision.

As mentioned in another thread, my Hague's membership expired in April and I refuse to renew it. I've decided on SJSC, despite the distance from me. It just seems like the best value to me, after doing a bunch of research. Has anyone else from here been thinking about joining? If so, maybe we could all decide on attending the same orientation. I'm probably not going to do anything until July or August, due to other commitments I have going on. Just figured I'd throw it out there.

Thanks again for all the input and feedback to this thread. I know it's been dormant for sometime, but it was helpful in me reaching my decision.

I joined in January and it was honestly the best decision I made. The pistol can some times get a little crowded but if the 50 is dead you can always walk up. Most of the people I ran across are pretty cool but occasionally you run into people that will ignore the fact that you need to setup your target and just keep firing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I don't see shotguns at SJSC. You aren't too far from Vineland are you? Could always do Sporting Clays at Cedar Creek...............

I know what you mean about being "forced" to join an organization. I Drag Race. If I chose to go quicker than 9.99 or faster than 135mph I MUST join the NHRA. Since I like to go fast I am a member.

when i was still drag racing, neither of us running the car wanted to join.....so we kept her de-tuned into the 10's.