ZOMBIE

G-30 or FN FiveseveN

I have 3 permits coming. I want to pick up a revolver, a .22, and i cant decide on a third. The 2 choices i kind of set my mind on are the Glock 30 or a FiveseveN. I know they are completely different guns but i want another tupperware gun. Thoughts?? Any advice is apprciated.

• Like 1

I would go with the Glock 30.

1. You can use full size 21 mags in it.

B. If you ever decide to sell you would probably get a taker quicker for it.

4. Price of ammo is comparable online...you might have a harder time finding it in shops.

• Like 1

I have 3 permits coming. I want to pick up a revolver, a .22, and i cant decide on a third. The 2 choices i kind of set my mind on are the Glock 30 or a FiveseveN. I know they are completely different guns but i want another tupperware gun. Thoughts?? Any advice is apprciated.

I'm curious why the 30? Do you want to have the ability to CCW it? If so, that's fine. I don't have a 30 but you are welcome to shoot my 21SF. I went for the full size since I have the G19 Gen4 to CCW IWB. The G21 I can carry in the shoulder holster.

I've shot a plate size target (bench rest) from 50 yards with a FN 5.7. Something that is tough to do with my Glock 34 in 9 mm... and I'm sure tougher with a Glock 30.

Try to shoot both first before making a decision. Even though they are both "plastic" guns, they do handle differently from the ergonomics and ammo characteristics.

Shoot both first before you buy.

If your down s jersey area you can try my FN 5.7.

Good site for forum for FN products.

http://www.fiveseven...57da05083e635da

Thank you for the offer and i have already shot the 5.7. I really like the pistol but i have a hard time seeing what i will use it for besides going to the range once in a while with it. After shooting it i can say it is one of the funnest guns i have shot. The reason it is a toss up between that and the G-30 is if i get the glock i will use that for ccw in florida when i go down and when we can ccw here in jersey. i do have a g-19 i can use to ccw until i get the funds to buy the g-30 but witht he wedding and new house it might be a while.

thanks again though :good:

I've shot my friend's FiveSeven and its a great gun, problem is you're limited to 10 round mags in NJ and the ammo itself is expensive.

Not much different from having a single stack .45 so its not too far of a stretch to be tolerant of a 10rnd pistol mag if they cant pin the 20s.

I recently purchased a Glock 30SF (Short-Frame, with a reduced back-strap to fit my hand easily)... Friggin love it... Compact but fits the hand well.

I saw on another forum someone saying they purchased theirs brand new for $700, the post was maybe a year or two old and was purchased in Texas. Could the market have changed that much in two years? I can't see a gun being that much cheaper just because it was in Texas