Pizza Bob

Shongum - USPSA - 03/03/2012

I use this one. I also take my gun to the safe table once a match, lock the slide back and run the brush thru the grip and ejection port. Also good for taking the mags apart and cleaning them at home in the sink.

https://www.mygtul.com/products.php?c=89&p=646

FML. We gotta finish a job tomorrow and I have to work.

*sigh...hope you guys have fun.

If it's inside you might be better off, not that I melt in the rain, heck I have done 600 mile days in the rain on my bike. The only good thing is it should be a warm rain with a few thunderstorms in the morning and post frontal west winds gusting into the mid 20 in the afternoon.

Wusses! It had stopped at least 30 - 45 minutes before we started. No mud and slop at Shongum - it's all grass or gravel. Since they had to set-up in the rain, they only set four simple but fun stages. The turnout was appx 24 people IIRC - which we broke down into three eight-man squads. We were done by 12:30. Ron offered to let people run through the stages a second time for fun, if they so desired.

the second stage was somewhat interesting and caused a number of people to melt down. Six targets equidistant but at varying heights. Each target was designated with a different color (the head and a stripe across the bottom). There was a leprechaun's hat at the shooters box, hanging from a pole. In the hat were six shot glasses each of a color corresponding to one of the targets. At the start signal you had to reach into the hat, with your strong hand, and withdraw a shot glass. Whatever color the shot glass was, that target became a no-shoot. You shot each remaining target with one round, free-style; mandatory reload; engage each target with one round, freestyle again; mandatory reload and engage each target with one round strong hand only. Many procedurals and no-shoot hits. It was a really interesting stage.

Lotta fun - sorry if you missed it. See you next Sunday at CJ, God willing and the creek don't rise.

Adios,

PIzza Bob

Wusses! It had stopped at least 30 - 45 minutes before we started. No mud and slop at Shongum - it's all grass or gravel.

I didn't know that about Shongum, never shot there before. CJRPC would have been a mud pit.

I don't mind the mud and grime for myself - I'm just too lazy to clean my equipment afterward.

Sounds like a fun day! It's beautiful out now as I write this.

That stage sounds fun Bob. Now I know, Shongum doesn't get muddy. All I kept thinking in the AM was how muddy the place would be like CJ gets. I'm like AndyB, I don't mind playing in it, just hate cleaning up afterwards.

Wusses! It had stopped at least 30 - 45 minutes before we started. No mud and slop at Shongum - it's all grass or gravel. Since they had to set-up in the rain, they only set four simple but fun stages. The turnout was appx 24 people IIRC - which we broke down into three eight-man squads. We were done by 12:30. Ron offered to let people run through the stages a second time for fun, if they so desired.

Guilty! I wussed out. Sounds like it was a fun time.

Problem with shongum is not the mud but the small gravel at the top that gets into the mags.

I usually show up there for fun and b cause I shot my first match there, but rain, and what was likely going to be very simple stages, a classifier I was going to zero, and an hour and a half drive each way.... Was just not worth it to me especially once you throw in lower providence into the equation tomorrow.

If I lived within 30 mins, I absolutely would of come out though.

I'm really annoyed about lower providence tomo. However I told the woman we would hang out tomo for the parade, parties, and bars. She doesnt get mad when I go to matches, shooting, snowboarding, riding, surfing, fabricating things that she doesnt care about, or pretty much anything for that matter. I'll do what she wants sometimes. I'll get classified the old fashioned way.