woodentoe

First visit to bullet hole today.

Just got back from BH for the first time. Overall the experience was good. There were no surprises. The sPace is horribly small and deafeningly loud compared to SS AND BA. We didn't have too bad of a wait but I dislike having to wait for the port inside the range. I understand it is because of space but there are idiots behind your back uncasing their firearms when they're not suppose to. The RO was very abrasive but I liked him and he didn't put up with anyone's shit.

Price was affordable. Parking was fine BA good time was had. Definitely a short range. Seems dumb to shoot a .308 at a target 10 feet away unless you're running and gunning. But whatever.

Shop guys were equally abrasive but were fine. Not sure I would buy there though. The place is so cramped and dark you can barely see the merchandise without body checking Somebody.

I bring a flashlight so I can better see thru the glass, there prices are pretty good on the firearms but not on accessories.. I never had a problem there and always enjoyed my trips. I'm a fan of BH, but being a OBRPC member I haven't been there in a while.

Price was affordable. Parking was fine BA good time was had. Definitely a short range. Seems dumb to shoot a .308 at a target 10 feet away unless you're running and gunning. But whatever.

Parking was fine BA good time was had?

heh? Don't get it. Brick Armory short range? BA is 25 yards, it is longer than BH.

Honestly, invest in a range membership at Old Bridge, Cherry Ridge, Monmouth, Ft Dix, or Central Jersey.

Is your health and sanity worth it? Especially as it gets warmer, no reason to shoot indoors and breathe in all the lead if you don't have to.

Damn autocorrect.

This is totally a threat about BH. Not BA.

BH is a short range... Not BA.

Would love to join OB. Money issues

Parking was fine BA good time was had?

heh? Don't get it. Brick Armory short range? BA is 25 yards, it is longer than BH.

Honestly, invest in a range membership at Old Bridge, Cherry Ridge, Monmouth, Ft Dix, or Central Jersey.

Is your health and sanity worth it? Especially as it gets warmer, no reason to shoot indoors and breathe in all the lead if you don't have to.

OB sounds great in theory. I can't justify the money right now. Maybe once my kids are in school. Right now I drop a fortune on day care. I'd love to visit, though.

Might want to put it down on paper.

Estimate the cost in fuel and travel time to SS, BA, BH etc, vs OBRPC.

Estimate the cost of each range visit, not ammo or anything like that, cost of range time.

Now figure how many times a week or month you would go.

Now add that all up on a yearly basis and see how it compares to a Club. As I said before it's some coin the first year, but after that figure it cost you a buck a day to belong to a club or close to that.

I was originally a member of SS, but when I put all of this down on paper, I was actually saving money on a yearly basis, and quite a bit of money, and the biggest player was money for gas, and I get in the mid to upper 20's MPG in my car. Actually the way I figured it, I save more then double what my membership cost the first year at OB, not to mention the wear and tare on my vehicle, and when or if you get into action shooting, there is also a cost savings shooting matches at the club when you are a member.

Might be different for you, but just figured I would point out there is more to look at that then just the initial cost, not only that, plus I get to shoot more often and can hit the ID range 24/7.

There are two older RO and two younger ones I always see. Its one of the older ones is strict and abrasive. The rest are strict but accomodating. One time I was checking out a pistol at the store and used the decocker suddenly there was a stern voice coming from another ssction of the store "do not dry fire my guns" when I answered "sir i just engaged the decocker" he looked at me as if I I still dry fired his gun. I tell you folks l'm not buying anything from that store because of that.

Bullet Hole is m home range because it's the closest. Sure it's small but it's the only indoor range that allows HP rifles and shotguns without being a member. I usually go during the week at night or when they open at 9 on Saturdays so I can't remember the last time I had to wait for a port or felt like it was really packed. I'm still looking to join Cherry Ridge next month just because I find myself going to the BH so much, it's just not economical anymore. CR is Bout 45 mins from versus the 25 mins it takes me to get to the BH so I'll probably continue to visit the BH every now and then. I'll probably head out there again this Thursday night.