rtquig

Carry Permit Legislation (A- 1493)

i guess you never lived in a city like newark then.... the criminals here dont "learn" and crime doesnt drop from word getting around. these ghetto folks are animals and most likely are going to be animals for life, because you can make $1000 a night selling crack and heroin... and stabbing and robbing us good folk, to be sworn into gangs. its real. and they are not interested in working at walmart instead of selling crack.

I purchased my first firearm and became interested in 2A issues 4 years ago. It's unbelieveable how much has changed in just four years. Perhaps not legislatively (other than OGAM making things worse), but on a grass roots level. NJ2AS has taken off and already had some success with its legal efforts, a number of well thought out and managed law suits have been brought here in NJ and nationally, GFH keeps expanding and attracting new blood and is producing a successful podcast, etc, etc. And nationally, it is clear that interest in firearms and acceptance of 2A rights is on the upswing. While it's true that there is no hope for most NJ politicians when it comes to 2A rights, attitudes at a grass roots level are most definitely changing for the better, and quite rapidly to boot. That is why all the naysayers and pessimists here will be proven wrong, even if it takes some time.

The people who say "never happen" are typically those that are comfy not doing anything.

Are there challenges? Absolutely, but we must do something, almost anything to get it going.

As of right now, there are more people against guns, than for guns in NJ. So if all the naysayers sit on their ass, nothing will get done, and they will be right.

The alternative is, do something. I would venture to guess there are probably more active people, pro guns, than active people against, and as long as we incrementally do something, the tide will be in our favor. Got to hit them on all fronts.

Go out, get involved.

• Like 1

I purchased my first firearm and became interested in 2A issues 4 years ago. It's unbelieveable how much has changed in just four years. Perhaps not legislatively (other than OGAM making things worse), but on a grass roots level. NJ2AS has taken off and already had some success with its legal efforts, a number of well thought out and managed law suits have been brought here in NJ and nationally, GFH keeps expanding and attracting new blood and is producing a successful podcast, etc, etc. And nationally, it is clear that interest in firearms and acceptance of 2A rights is on the upswing. While it's true that there is no hope for most NJ politicians when it comes to 2A rights, attitudes at a grass roots level are most definitely changing for the better, and quite rapidly to boot. That is why all the naysayers and pessimists here will be proven wrong, even if it takes some time.

Why dont you read past the first sentences of the Posts....what most of us Naysayers" are talking about is a LEGISLATIVE way to get CCW. For any movement here in NJ it will take organizations like NJ2AS, ANJRPC (NRA), and SAF and their backing for lawsuits that will paint the politicians into corners they cant get out of. In order for there to be Legislative action, NJ gun owners would have to be unified, and we are anything but. There are probably upwards of 100,000 Gun owners in NJ, The Hunters (ones who own one or two guns ONLY for hunting..not "Shooters" who also hunt) don't care about 90% of the laws because it doesnt affect them, same with the Trap Shooters, or the Clays Shooters, The guy with the .357 that he bought 20-odd years ago stuck in his bedside table draw and takes it out once every 3 years to shoot a box of .38 reloads/wadcutters doesnt give a Damn about OGAM. Frank and NJ2AS are doing great work trying to Unify the Gun owners here, but it's an uphill battle. Sadly the majority of our VERY small voting block are "Fudds" in the true sense of "As long as you dont touch my (Insert firearm here) You can pass whatever laws you want, it doesnt affect me" The ONLY time we've actually seen an anti-gun law defeated legislatively was the .50 Cal ban...and if the legislators hadnt broken their Promise to limit it to Centerfire firearms, it WOULD have passed and banned .50BMG, along with every other .50 cal and larger cartridge out there. Because the Politicians tried to pull a fast one and put through the original wording, which Included Muzzleloaders, and enraged the hunting Bloc, the bill was defeated utterly. Ask yourself WHY that failed, but OGAM passed, and you'll see what i;m talking about.

Im not going to be a completely negative, but i also feel that CCW is just not reachable at this time, it will take more time for it to sink in. And the best thing that can happen is allow 822r to pass.

And then we all know while its an uphill battle its not a lost cause.

Many here in NJ, NYC, LI, Westchester, etc. have been preconditioned to think that guns are bad, and only law enforcement and the military should have firearms. And in the schools we can't even have the NRA's "Eddie Eagle" program, because hoplophobic educators and soccer moms don't ever want their children exposed to firearms. Somehow they think that educating their child on firearms safety is inherently bad, so they opt to have the children not learn anything at all. That's how accidents happen, coupled with parental negligence for improper storage. But they have no problem teaching about alternative lifestyles, sex education, and all the other stuff that the parents should be teaching their children. I have coworkers that are absolutely astounded that regular people are "allowed" to carry firearms concealed in other states. Then I have coworkers that are fascinated by the subject, and want to go to the store to buy an M4, and when I ask them if they have a FPID, they answer in the negative, and are mad that they can't purchase something in NJ because of the inane laws. This is why we need to defeat the anti-2a mindset at the judicial level. There is no other way we can bring NJ into parity with the rest of the shall issue states. We can't count on the legislature, and we can't count on the apathetic average Joe that either: A.) could not care less one way or the other, or B.) are so virulently anti-2a that they'll vote for politicians that support such tripe.