silverado427

For you mustang guys

Got to love reporters who don't understand their subject material... "Solid driveshaft and 9 inch rear". Something tells me that the spokesperson from Shelby said "9 inch solid axle".

Big Mack, my old mechanic had a Firebird Formula (~450 hp) about 10 years ago that he had to run drag radials on just to have his car hook on the street, so running street legal slicks on the Shelby 1000 is definitely a good idea. He lent me his car once when he took my Impala to dyno it... Talk about fun to drive, but if the road was a little wet, "challenging" did not begin to describe the driving experience with that car.

Big Mack, my old mechanic had a Firebird Formula (~450 hp) about 10 years ago that he had to run drag radials on just to have his car hook on the street, so running street legal slicks on the Shelby 1000 is definitely a good idea. He lent me his car once when he took my Impala to dyno it... Talk about fun to drive, but if the road was a little wet, "challenging" did not begin to describe the driving experience with that car.

I've been running drag radials for years. Nothing wrong with them

Lol you think 450 to the wheels is challenging with drag radials, try quad digit torque numbers on 10 ply tires pumped up to 80psi ;) not to mention a 80:20 weight distribution favoring the front end. The end result usually looks something like this

44908442.jpg

**(Disclaimer: All road art performed on a closed circut by professional drivers. Do not try at home. No brake pads were harmed in the shooting of this picture. Only tires)**

Then again if you keep your foot out if it any car on almost any tire isn't challenging at all.

I really hope you still don't go to wildwood. :( Such a shame they really ruined a nice thing.

Nice mustang though, you might of seen my truck. I only live 10 minutes outside of WW so I go for the hot rod weekend but usually don't drive anymore. Its just not worth it. Last time I made some rounds a few years ago I got poped for "accelerating too quickly" not speeding not spinning tires none of that. Thank god I had a few officer friends in the truck with me.

The year before that they tried to write me a careless driving for exhaust smoke,...figure that one out?

Anyways f*** wildwood on hot rod weekend. OCMD welcomes us and is 100x more fun. Thats where I go now.

The city wanted us out, the cops were just the executioners. Eff them, they're losing so much money. I remember 6-7 years ago every hotel in town was filled with beautiful amazing cars. Now if they fill up 3-4 they're doing well.

Have you been to any of the cruising OCMD weekends? Its an amazing time. Just like wildwood of old but 10x larger. Its really great and I definitely reccomend it.

No I never made it down there. I heard its great. I really wish a different nj town would take over the show but it may just die.

It's over man, no town will start something like this the way things are today. The only place left thats still fun at all is the show they do on Landis in vineland. They don't hassle you there unless you're really being an idiot but also its all 1975 and older unless you have a corvette or come with a "club". Its also pretty small

The funniest thing is, the city of wildwood still loves the "roar to the shore" BS that they do twice a year which is just like hot rod weekend used to be but with twice the fights,alchohol, and noise. I don't understand them.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but seriously check out the OCMD show. Once you go once you'll be back every year its just that awesome. Plus as a community we really need to support the few towns that still welcome us.