iRONman

poor experience at shore shot

facility was nice. but 30 for a box of .40 caliber and 36 for a box of .223. come on now thats sick. however i brought my little brother and a couple of buddies and drove 80 minutes so i had to suck it up. also, there was this guy who kept threatening to kick us out . however the guy at the counter was good and knowledgable. forgot his name. won't be going back.

i had my rifle box with my rifle in it. my magazines for my handgun and carbine where in it. i opened it towards the back and this guy ran charging towards me and screamed "don't you dare open it". if you do this again you will be evicted here forever. then there was a few instances where my first time shooter buddy asked me how to load a magazine and the guy ran up to him and screamed at him for taking the handgun out of the lane. but he didn't even take it out of the lane, he took the magazine to show me at the next lane.

i guess it wast just the overall disrespect. not that I'm important but I'm still a paying customer and first and last time member

At ranges, you really ought to refrain from uncasing unless you are on the line.

223 was $36 a box of 20? or 50? Frangible ammo i take it.

That is nuts.

Do yourself a favor, get a membership at Ft Dix, and buy your own ammo.

i supposed i messed up by opening my case. however, unless i was a blatant nuisance, as an owner i would refrain from disrespecting paying customers. it was for a box of 50. frangible yes. still crazy.

i actually prefer bullethole but they close at 5. when i got there at 415 i was denied access. so we drove an hr and a half to go to shore shot. still worth the drive, but not the price

i supposed i messed up by opening my case. however, unless i was a blatant nuisance, as an owner i would refrain from disrespecting paying customers. it was for a box of 50. frangible yes. still crazy.

i actually prefer bullethole but they close at 5. when i got there at 415 i was denied access. so we drove an hr and a half to go to shore shot. still worth the drive, but not the price

Dare I say Brick Armory. you can shoot regular ammo there, no need for frangible as their backstop can handle it.

Next time goto Dicks first grab the ammo u need, its right up the road from brick armory. Then goto brick armory and do your thing. Don't bother buying ammo at ba, prices are double the shelf prices, 40 bucks for a box of 45 acp.... That's nutz.

Next time goto Dicks first grab the ammo u need, its right up the road from brick armory. Then goto brick armory and do your thing. Don't bother buying ammo at ba, prices are double the shelf prices, 40 bucks for a box of 45 acp.... That's nutz.

Those prices are meant for people who are renting. and yes while it is high, it is not all that crazy. The main advantage with BA, for rifles, you do not need frangible ammo, so you can shoot regular fmj rounds, over hella expensive frangible.

At ranges, you really ought to refrain from uncasing unless you are on the line.

+1

Having had rifle muzzled waved at me when uncased in the back at SS, I know they take that seriously. It's one of the reasons I just joined CJRPC, to get away from SS and the fear I'm developing of getting shot in the leg while I'm in my lane working.

Agreed, and their rules make perfect sense and are in place so people can go shooting and have a fun, safe time and i appreciate and respect that. Only problem is their complete dicks when it comes to enforcing them. In this particular situation if the RO came up to you and just said something like "hey man just a heads up we don't allow anyone to uncase any firearm unless in the booth, for everyones safety, Thank you" then you wouldn't even be having this conversation. The fact that he ran up to you, threatened you, touched and dropped your personal properity like a big DB is just wrong. I would have packed my gear. bitched the RO out and left. Next time go to BA. Same problem w/ ammo if your buying their but much nicer people.

Actually have an example for you. I was at BA yesterday and i brought my buddy who has never shot and his dad who wanted to teach him. At one point my friend was shooting my .45 and his dad wanted to take a quick video w/ his phone, not a big deal but still not allowed. The RO saw and came over recognized that he was taking a video of his son who was most likely shooting for the first time, actually let him finish taking the video (which was about 15 seconds long), tapped him on the shoulder afterwards and very politely informed him that taking pic's or videos were not allowed. My buddies father even offered to have him delete the video if he wanted which he laughed and said no that it was ok just wanted to let him know not to do it. Keep in mind all shooting was being done safely in the video, I'm sure if we were taking a wana be thug gangster shooting video the RO would have stopped it right away

Now If that happened at SS we would have been yelled at like we were children and automatically thrown out. Not trying to start a BA vs. SS thing here, it's just unfortunate that SS has some bad people working their that drives business away.

i had my rifle box with my rifle in it. my magazines for my handgun and carbine where in it. i opened it towards the back and this guy ran charging towards me and screamed "don't you dare open it". if you do this again you will be evicted here forever. then there was a few instances where my first time shooter buddy asked me how to load a magazine and the guy ran up to him and screamed at him for taking the handgun out of the lane. but he didn't even take it out of the lane, he took the magazine to show me at the next lane.

i guess it wast just the overall disrespect. not that I'm important but I'm still a paying customer and first and last time member

Did you actually uncase your rifle or just open the case to get your handgun mags? If just getting your mags out without removing the rifle, I think he was out of line. Still, the way he approached you was stupid and unprofessional, but if you did uncase the rifle, that is something the R.O. should speak to you about, appropriately.

Either way, it is not out of line to strictly enforce that people must only invade their weapons at the firing line. I know that I don't want anyone uncasing behind MY back.

It only takes an instant for someone to get hurt or killed and if you're handling firearms uprange of me, that's not on. RO's house. RO's rules.

Actually have an example for you. I was at BA yesterday and i brought my buddy who has never shot and his dad who wanted to teach him. At one point my friend was shooting my .45 and his dad wanted to take a quick video w/ his phone, not a big deal but still not allowed. The RO saw and came over recognized that he was taking a video of his son who was most likely shooting for the first time, actually let him finish taking the video (which was about 15 seconds long), tapped him on the shoulder afterwards and very politely informed him that taking pic's or videos were not allowed. My buddies father even offered to have him delete the video if he wanted which he laughed and said no that it was ok just wanted to let him know not to do it. Keep in mind all shooting was being done safely in the video, I'm sure if we were taking a wana be thug gangster shooting video the RO would have stopped it right away

Now If that happened at SS we would have been yelled at like we were children and automatically thrown out. Not trying to start a BA vs. SS thing here, it's just unfortunate that SS has some bad people working their that drives business away.

I have taken pictures and videos of my son and his friends shooting at SS on many occasions and have never been hassled. Of course, I have been going there for several years and most of the people at least know me as a member, if not personally.

I agree 100% that these are important rules that should be strictly enforced, and that is one thing SS does very well. They make sure everyone can shoot, have fun, and go home in one piece. But i'm sorry, weather he uncased the rifle or not, there is no reason you should have been treated like that nor should have the RO placed his hands on your stuff. You can still strictly enforce your rules and not act like a complete asshole. This guy needs be fired or need a stern talk from ownership on how to balance enforcing the rules and treating customers w/ respect. They do mostly have nice RO's though

I bought my 1911 their and they let me shoot it for free. Being used to BA i started loading my mags at the table, w/ the gun, in the open case on the table as well and the RO (an older gentlemen) came up to me and politly told me and pointed to a sign that said uncasing and loading must be done in the ports. No problem at all, didn't know. thank you. I even laughed and said to myself "man i look like a complete idiot" because the sign was right in front of me. Thats how it should be done. not w/ numerous threats and him grabbing your stuff.

• Like 1

Sorry but I feel that these rules should be enforced sternly.... If you feel they were being dicks.....well good they should be. I personally would have reacted the same way if you were to uncase your weapons in the back.

Let's not forget this is not a hobby where mistakes can be taken back.

I agree with you 100% (that was painful to type!) :-)... I don't personally care how they were told, the fact is, they won't make that mistake again, no matter what range they visit. Did the RO go a bit far, with touching personal items, maybe, but your last sentence is the main thing we ALL need to remember.

I also feel that no matter what the signs say, as a group, or person what is new to the range, the RO, or the guy at the counter taking the $$ and getting the release signed should take 30 seconds and go over their rules, posted signs or not, there is a lot going on back there to expect someone to walk in, read the signs, and carry on. The signs should be a reminder, not the first and only time they are explained.

This is the main reason I let my membership drop this year at SS. The lack of feeling safe and the increase in renters, confirmed the reasons i joined a private range. Not that bad thing can't happen there, but it's been a long time since I've been muzzle swept or even felt uneasy about the people or persons next to me.

to the OP, sorry you felt disrespected, but read Sighewa's last line

and maybe you can understand why the RO freaked.
  • Like 2

Sorry but I feel that these rules should be enforced sternly.... If you feel they were being dicks.....well good they should be. I personally would have reacted the same way if you were to uncase your weapons in the back.

i guess when it comes down to it, it was a stupid business move. but i am all for safety. so i am thankful he kept the place safe. if there were more people like him the range would be super safe and super empty

also, just keep in mind that people shoot there guns to release stress. so tick off the wrong person( with a gun and ammo) at the wrong time and now you've compromised the whole building.

i agree, it is a dangerous hobby. yes, i was wrong. however this experience will not make me stop shooting but just keep me from a repeat customer a SS. I'm sure he had a bad day.

also, just keep in mind that people shoot there guns to release stress. so tick off the wrong person( with a gun and ammo) at the wrong time and now you've compromised the whole building.

i agree, it is a dangerous hobby. yes, i was wrong. however this experience will not make me stop shooting but just keep me from a repeat customer a SS. I'm sure he had a bad day.

I'm not comfortable with this statement at all! If this is how you feel personally God help you!

People that are that tightly wrapped should not have weapons of any type.

Just as a side note...As I've said before I'm tired of getting muzzle swept. It happens much too often. Not in a fit of rage but very rationally I may be tempted to "**** Slap" the next nipple head that sweeps me.

• Like 2

Brick armory has stands in the back and a table to take your guns out and stage them. They simply have a rule that the shelf in the port can not be used as a rifle rest. I have never been muzzle swept there even though the guns are taken out before entering the port. You simply keep the muzzle pointed towards the ceiling and Ur not gunna have that problem.

• Like 1

I'm not comfortable with this statement at all! If this is how you feel personally God help you!

Just as a side note...As I've said before I'm tired of getting muzzle swept. It happens much too often. Not in a fit of rage but very rationally I may be tempted to "**** Slap" the next nipple head that sweeps me.

No i don't feel that way. It is a uncomfortable feeling but it is the truth. People have coping skills and some use the gym and some shoot guns. And it holds true beyond the shooting range; in the street, mall, school; anywhere.

unless you live in a perfect home or perfect life, you will have at some point encountered stress. Some people with guns are mentally stable but then all of a sudden a divorce, break up, death in the family happens. Some don't have coping skills. Thankfully i have great coping skills and a happy life

No i don't feel that way. It is a uncomfortable feeling but it is the truth. People have coping skills and some use the gym and some shoot guns. And it holds true beyond the shooting range; in the street, mall, school; anywhere.

Thanks for the clarification! You make a good point about situational awareness. Always watch out for psychos!