gunnarsport

uplula magazine loader?

Don't get one, you will just be able to load ammo to easily and will shoot more and cost you more money.

Seriously, they are a must have for your range bag, I even have a backup one just in case something happens to the 1st one. The normal one I have used for 9mm and up with no problems at all, it will also load .380 in the mag for my BG380, but also have a baby one for smaller calibers.

As others said, get it and after you will wonder how you did it all these years without one.

I kinda see no need for one; but i guess my diesel hands never had a problem :aikido:

I guess years of construction made it a non-issue for me

I treat it like a calculator, I can do it by hand but it's much faster with a calculator.

It really has little to do with how beat up/ strong your hands are. I can load 5 15 round mags in under 2 minutes. Can spend a lot more time shooting instead of loading.

As others have said "Try it you'll like it"

LOVE mine. I have both the pistol and rifle loaders. Like PeteF says, it has little to do with having strong hands but more to do with having to spend MUCH less time loading mags at the range. I literally can shoot off 100% more ammo in a 1hr session at the range with the loaders than without... which is actually not a good thing on the wallet cuz that means having to buy/bring more ammo with me on each trip. =)

I treat it like a calculator, I can do it by hand but it's much faster with a calculator.

It really has little to do with how beat up/ strong your hands are. I can load 5 15 round mags in under 2 minutes. Can spend a lot more time shooting instead of loading.

As others have said "Try it you'll like it"

I have tried it. I don't like it. I can load my mags faster using my hands. Like I said previously, unless you have said to yourself "self, I could really use something to make loading magazines easier," then you don't need one. If you do need a magazine loader, the uplula is decent with a lower cost than getting magazine specific HKS loaders.

I have tried it. I don't like it. I can load my mags faster using my hands. Like I said previously, unless you have said to yourself "self, I could really use something to make loading magazines easier," then you don't need one. If you do need a magazine loader, the uplula is decent with a lower cost than getting magazine specific HKS loaders.

I will bet you that a roofer can load two of your magazines with the UpLULA faster than you can load one magazine without one. The trick is to have your fingers that feed the ammo be quick enough to keep up with the loader.

If that's the case, you're not using it correctly.

What? Come on, you dare showing up at the macho range with that?

If you're asking me, I'm not sure what you're asking. All I'm saying that is that someone should be able to consistly load a mag quicker with this loader than without, if they're doing it properly.

Or you are making assumptions about how fast I load mags based on your abilities.

Probably :). I'll still stay with the belief that if you praticed enough with the loader, you will evenually be able to load quicker with it than without it.

Probably :). I'll still stay with the belief that if you praticed enough with the loader, you will evenually be able to load quicker with it than without it.

Why? There are less distinct motions using just your hands than using the tool, so I'm not seeing why it would be more efficient. Especially when there isn't a table or other hard surface convenient. messed around with my par timer and random start. Using .40, 9 rounds in my single stack mags about 11 seconds with a random handful of bullets. 9 and change with the best case, which is the 9 bullets freshly unloaded into my hand so they are mostly pointing in a sort of correct-ish direction. For 15 in my M&P mags that desperately need to be cleaned of sand and grit apparently, was between 18 and 19 for a random handful, and was between 16 and 17 for an unloaded handful. 15 rounds of .40 is getting to the point that it is hard to hold it in one hand and still be able to manipulate the ammo. The slow part is actually orienting the ammo in the correct direction, which doesn't change, loader or no.