Big Mack

Akdal MKA 1919 in NJ!!

I will make it a mission to return said firearm tomorrow, got some shots out of it and will be disappointed to see it go so soon. Not worth the risk as you guys said (being as it was my first shotgun, but third firearm overall, following s&w 686, and hk usp tac .40)

mipafox: Its very solid, the kick is not terrible as opposed to others Ive gotten the opportunity to fire, had some problems initally with stove piping but that was because I used lesser grade ammo, for practices. Switched to slugs and worked like a charm. Loading the magazine was a bit of challenge as the magazine spring was overly stiff. I enjoyed what little time I got out of it and if the NJ gun laws/ firearms design changed to accommodate the legal use, i would absolutely get it again.

so correct me if I am wrong, but by this logic, if an FFL is in possession of something nutty like an M60E4 or an M134 (or somthing class III) and they sell it to another individual (granted both had a huge brain-fart and went through with the transaction). A resident could be in possession of an illegal firearm through that process?

Only if the Dealer was a class III SOT to begin with..and NFA dealers do NOT play around like that.

it is NOT illegal, turns out.

Contrary to popular belief and the word and sales of 2 different FFL's it is legal in the state of new jersey to own this firearm.

Considering that a Semiautomatic Shotgun with a Pistol grip is considered an "Assault Weapon' in this state according to the Administrative code..i Dont see how ANYONE could say that possessing that firearm in NJ is Lawful

it is NOT illegal, turns out.

Contrary to popular belief and the word and sales of 2 different FFL's it is legal in the state of new jersey to own this firearm.

do you have something in writing? if not you will be screwed...... having an assault weapon in nj is going to be expensive.... that gun is 100% illegal your crazy for keeping it

I wouldn't keep it, but thats just me. Im guessing the owner/manager told you that it was legal? Or did you end up calling the njsp? I could be wrong but it seems pretty cut and dry thats it's illegal. Not to mention that even if it does fall under some loophole you'll be harassed every time you shoot it at the range. If it is legal get some paper work stating that its nj compliant and bring it with you every time you take it out.

It is NOT the Admin Code that makes it illegal. In fact, the Admin Code came from the NJAG Directive which was worded contrary to the law. The law states:

NJS 2C:39-1w(3)

"Assault firearm" mean a semi-automatic shotgun with either a magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a pistol grip, or a folding stock.

It is pretty clear to me. Semi-auto shotguns can not have a pistol grip, ever.

But hey, do what you want. The law has been quoted several times for you here. Good luck kmfdm665attak. :bye:

The word of an FFL won't help you in a court case, if they are wrong for selling it to you in the first place. If you happen to run into LEOs/prosecutors that question it's legality, the best you can hope for is to have the thing taken away from you. Your selling FFL and you can claim ignorance and point the finger at each other, I suppose, and confuse the issue, but in the end, you have possession of said firearm. Unless you have something in writing from the NJSP or someone in the AG's office.

If a semi auto shotty w/PG were legal in NJ, there'd be dozens of NJGF-ers that would have them and be buying and selling them every day on here.

GLWT, I hope you stay outta trouble too---

I'm guessing one of two things:

1) kmfdm665attak is a troll

or

2) They are taking their info from an FFL who is mistakenly taking his reasoning from the evil features list for S/A rifles, rather than the law specific to S/A shotguns. There is no flash hider or bayonet lug and if this were a rifle would be NJ compliant.

If the second supposition is correct, kmfdm665attak needs to look-up the law for themselves (nevermind that it has already been posted twice - they are obviously a hardhead) and read for themselves. I suggest the NJSP website and it should be easy for them to find since it has already been cited chapter and verse.

kmfdm665attak, if this is genuine, you are setting yourself up for a potentially life altering confrontation with the morass known as the New Jersey system of juris prudence. You would be prudent to heed the advice you have received and divest yourself of that, patently, illegal firearm.

One last issue - we (and I'm sure that I speak for the entire board here) would really like to know what FFL sold this to you and is insisting it is legal.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

PK90 has nailed it, it is a violation of 2C .. .in which the subsection SPECIFICALLY says (Title 13, chapter 54, you can pull it up on the state police website).

"a semi-automatic shotgun with either a magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a folding stock, or a pistol grip".

I cannot see how this guy can keep making the argument "BUT THEY SAID SO"....

Im probably going to give the NJSP a call sometime this week and ask if its compliant with state laws, im not looking forward to parting with my new toy already. But the FFL ive purchased from says that it is compliant but after reading around im starting to have second thoughts, after all we are human and make mistakes...and hopefully its just a misunderstanding.

Quit playing 'mother may I'. It's this kind of crap that gets guns 'banned' in NJ, when the morons at the NJSP have to decide if its legal or not. JUST KEEP YOUR TRAP SHUT.

Quit playing 'mother may I'. It's this kind of crap that gets guns 'banned' in NJ, when the morons at the NJSP have to decide if its legal or not. JUST KEEP YOUR TRAP SHUT.

This advice may be some of the worst I have ever seen offered on this forum. I hold 2 pink cards working at 2 ffl's. This gun is illegal as per the admin code, 2 ffl's, an LEO, and NJ2C. I would NEVER transfer this item to an individual because its quite cut and dry, a semi auto shotgun with a pistol grip in the state of NJ is considered an assault weapon.

Its easy to tell someone over the internet that they should just "quit playing mother may I... keep your trap shut" You are not the one who will be arrested, charged, and more than likely prosecuted. Its this kind of hush hush attitude that will continue to have an FFL transfer these guns to people, possibly getting even more people jammed up.

To the OP- Contact council who is well versed in weapon law. You are playing with fire and need to have the situation remedied post haste. Your freedom and 2a rights depend on it.

One last issue - we (and I'm sure that I speak for the entire board here) would really like to know what FFL sold this to you and is insisting it is legal.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Sayreville Sportsman is the one selling them

This advice may be some of the worst I have ever seen offered on this forum. I hold 2 pink cards working at 2 ffl's. This gun is illegal as per the admin code, 2 ffl's, an LEO, and NJ2C. I would NEVER transfer this item to an individual because its quite cut and dry, a semi auto shotgun with a pistol grip in the state of NJ is considered an assault weapon.

Its easy to tell someone over the internet that they should just "quit playing mother may I... keep your trap shut" You are not the one who will be arrested, charged, and more than likely prosecuted. Its this kind of hush hush attitude that will continue to have an FFL transfer these guns to people, possibly getting even more people jammed up.

To the OP- Contact council who is well versed in weapon law. You are playing with fire and need to have the situation remedied post haste. Your freedom and 2a rights depend on it.

That's such bullcrap. Every time something new comes out, we need to have gun owners and FFLs calling away at the NJSP office to make sure it's legal. Remember those AO M1 Carbine clones? Well, yeah, those were in a legal grey area, but thanks to the questioning the NJSP got about them, they made an official ruling on it and denied it.

We know the laws, it's obvious to anyone here that the MKA1919 is illegal here because it's clearly spelled out. But M1 Carbine clones? They are technically similar to AR-15 clones... sure they're "banned by name", but in reality, as long as they play the features game, they're LEGAL.

But nooooooo, a bunch of enterprising individuals had to play 'mother may I', and that door was closed to us.

That's such bullcrap. Every time something new comes out, we need to have gun owners and FFLs calling away at the NJSP office to make sure it's legal. Remember those AO M1 Carbine clones? Well, yeah, those were in a legal grey area, but thanks to the questioning the NJSP got about them, they made an official ruling on it and denied it.

We know the laws, it's obvious to anyone here that the MKA1919 is illegal here because it's clearly spelled out. But M1 Carbine clones? They are technically similar to AR-15 clones... sure they're "banned by name", but in reality, as long as they play the features game, they're LEGAL.

But nooooooo, a bunch of enterprising individuals had to play 'mother may I', and that door was closed to us.

Although I see what you're saying about AO M1 carbine clones you're still telling the OP to hold onto an illegal firearm. It's pretty cut and dry when it comes to this firearm. It's eay to tell him to hold onto it when you're not the one that will end up in jail over it

What's the AO carbine flap got to do with this? Are you reading the right post? or just ranting?

I saw that in the first post by Big Mack, who only noted he saw them there and questioned the dealer about legality. It is probably a good assumption on your part that they are the offending dealer in the case of kmfdm665attak's actual purchase. However, kmfdm665attak has not specifically stated that Sayreville Sportsman is the dealer from whom they purchased - of course could there be two dealers this dumb?

Re: DevsAdvocate - that was kind of an off-topic rant. I understand what you are saying, but in this instance there is no question that the firearm is illegal, so no risk of tipping the scales. One of the few cut-and-dried conclusions we can reach under NJ law. Calling the NJSP may have finally convinced kmfdm665attak that what they have is indeed illegal.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I saw that in the first post by Big Mack, who only noted he saw them there and questioned the dealer about legality. It is probably a good assumption on your part that they are the offending dealer in the case of kmfdm665attak's actual purchase. However, kmfdm665attak has not specifically stated that Sayreville Sportsman is the dealer from whom they purchased - of course could there be two dealers this dumb?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob, no disrespect but I have also seen the arms in question on his shelf. I have also fielded questions about the guns there from customers at my shop, asking why he will sell them and not us.

Re: DevsAdvocate - that was kind of an off-topic rant. I understand what you are saying, but in this instance there is no question that the firearm is illegal, so no risk of tipping the scales. One of the few cut-and-dried conclusions we can reach under NJ law. Calling the NJSP may have finally convinced kmfdm665attak that what they have is indeed illegal.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I know in this instance it's definitely illegal, I'm not disputing that, but we really need to discourage calling the NJSP over every little thing, all it seems to do is cause more headaches than it's worth. In this instance, I would imagine that the only person getting in trouble would be the dealer, while the owner would probably have to return the firearm.

Wrong..Wrong Wrong Frigging WRONG........ the AO Carbine was banned as a result of a Whim of the NJAG..and actually IS legal according to both Title 2C AND the Administrative Code. This Shotgun is a banned firearm due to a DIRECT VIOLATION of Title 2C:39, there is NO ambiguity here... I was !00% Incorrect about the Admin Code being the issue as opposed to the Statute itself.

I would like to know where said firearm was bought as well. Like i originally said, i'v seen a few on the shelves at Sayreville Sportsmen but who knows if it was them or not. I know for a fact they were selling them cause he was trying to sell it to me tax free if i paid cash.

I would like to know where said firearm was bought as well. Like i originally said, i'v seen a few on the shelves at Sayreville Sportsmen but who knows if it was them or not. I know for a fact they were selling them cause he was trying to sell it to me tax free if i paid cash.

This dealer must like to pile on the wrong doing then, 'cause I'm pretty sure skipping state sales tax is so illegal that if you think about it your anus starts to hurt from the impending pounding it will receive in prison.

You just blew my mind with that tid bit BTW.