dgstinner

Ammo for Mosin Nagant

Give these guys a shout and you should have the ammo in a few days:

http://www.sgammo.com/product/surplus/440-rd-sealed-can-762x54r-russian-silver-tip-military-surplus-ammo-1976-factory-188

You can pick up milsurp Mosin rounds at most gun shows, but I've not seen it going as cheap as SG's prices.

LOL @ is steel case ammo OK. The Soviets built those rifles to take anything they threw at them. The soviets made steel cased, corrosive, berdan primed ammo for those rifles for....well for ever.

The Soviets also built those things intending for illiterate, untrained dirt-poor peasants to wield them. Get a case or two of surplus ammo for yours from SGAmmo like NJScott said, you'll be happy. Just make sure to clean the thing after you get done shooting it.

LOL @ is steel case ammo OK. The Soviets built those rifles to take anything they threw at them. The soviets made steel cased, corrosive, berdan primed ammo for those rifles for....well for ever.

The Soviets also built those things intending for illiterate, untrained dirt-poor peasants to wield them. Get a case or two of surplus ammo for yours from SGAmmo like NJScott said, you'll be happy. Just make sure to clean the thing after you get done shooting it.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if an 80 year old gun could handle any ammo available. I may start off with a few boxes of TulAmmo before I buy a few spam cans of bulk ammo.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if an 80 year old gun could handle any ammo available. I may start off with a few boxes of TulAmmo before I buy a few spam cans of bulk ammo.

The Mosin will handle any ammo you can find off the shelf. The action is rather strong, I've never heard of one blowing up.

If you like shooting yours, but want less recoil for plinking purposes, try some of that Czech training ammo. Turns it into a really nice plinker...in 30 caliber!

Anyone shoot the mid 40's surplus stuff? Curious how it is compared to the 70's spam cans I've been using.

Works just fine. I shot some 1947 dated stuff a couple weeks ago, goes bang like the rest of it does. I was having some seriously sticky bolt issues with it though, that was not present when I shot 1980 dated ammo. I think the steel cases stick in the bore more on the older stuff. I was having to really slam my hand against the bolt to open it fully on a few rounds, forgot to bring my 2x4!