destro23

Welcome From Atlantic County!

Hey guys i just got my purchase id card and have never even fired a gun up until a few weeks ago when i was on vacation. I randomly called an indoor shooting range in Florida and told them i've never shot... before i could even finish saying that they said "C'mon Down!!!" lol so they put a glock 21(.45 cal right?) in my hands and gave me a good course on safe handling instructions and range rules. First clip from 10-12 yards i did good! next 2 mags i got a little nervous because i started to realized this was a bigger gun lol and started shaking a little bit but steadied out on last 2 mags. Afterwords he told me he wanted me to start off with a bigger bullet with kick... because everything else should be easier lol (I like that southern thinking lol) it was a pretty funny/awesome experience! Intimidating at first but they ended up being very nice and didn't laugh to much at this jersey boy lol.

My next step is to go back to my local PD and put in for a handgun (PID took 3-4 weeks i think). So not sure how long that will be. no one told me to also put in for handgun at the same time even if i wasn't sure on what i wanted.

I'm kinda set on Glock for first gun as i popped my cherry with it and i'm thinking glock 19,and maybe Sig as second as i'm not sure how often i'm really going to shoot i'd rather start a little smaller and work my way up on the handguns... this way when my other family members decide they want to shoot i can start them off with a smaller glock 19 and we can use it as a beater to fire a ton a rounds through.

ok thats my intro!!

more posts to come!

--Destro23

Where are you in South Jersey? There are a few good ranges in Philadelphia, and you are more than welcome to meet me there when I go there to shoot. Ditto for Ft. Dix. PM me if you are interested. I live in Cherry Hill.

You can't go wrong with a Glock 19, Sig P226 or Beretta 92FS. Shoot everything you can get your hands on, a gun that "feels good" in your hands may feel entirely different when you actually shoot it.

Thanks guys i'll prob go tomorrow to start the handgun process!

Where are you in South Jersey? There are a few good ranges in Philadelphia, and you are more than welcome to meet me there when I go there to shoot. Ditto for Ft. Dix. PM me if you are interested. I live in Cherry Hill.

You can't go wrong with a Glock 19, Sig P226 or Beretta 92FS. Shoot everything you can get your hands on, a gun that "feels good" in your hands may feel entirely different when you actually shoot it.

mcbethr i may take you up on that some time soon.. i occasionally work in Mt Laurel. so maybe in next few weeks, i'll def be in contact!

Thanks guys i'll prob go tomorrow to start the handgun process!

mcbethr i may take you up on that some time soon.. i occasionally work in Mt Laurel. so maybe in next few weeks, i'll def be in contact!

Anytime. I don't have a Glock for you to shoot, but you can rent one from the range. You are free to shoot everything else I have, though. PM me when you want to go. I usually go every Tuesday.

there is a range right in Atlantic county that you should join.. it is open limited times.. but is VERY cheap..

I used to belong to it when I lived in Galloway NJ..

as for the Glock.. not sure if you did anything yet but that is the correct choice for a handgun..