Wanna watch some funny stuff? Go to qualification day for armored car drivers. YIKES

I was at Bullethole one time when there were a few Brink's security guards that I guess were either training or qualifying. They had their paper targets at MAYBE 3 yards, not sure it was even that far, with probably a 2" or 3" shoot-n-c target on it. Would you be at all surprised if I told you not one of them had a hole through the shoot-n-c but full magazines worth all around it? That sparked the beginning of my realization that most people tasked with carrying a firearm are not in the least proficient with it.

I was at Bullethole one time when there were a few Brink's security guards that I guess were either training or qualifying. They had their paper targets at MAYBE 3 yards, not sure it was even that far, with probably a 2" or 3" shoot-n-c target on it. Would you be at all surprised if I told you not one of them had a hole through the shoot-n-c but full magazines worth all around it? That sparked the beginning of my realization that most people tasked with carrying a firearm are not in the least proficient with it.

Not to get too far off topic BUT I have a good friend who is a full time LEO, I've takin him shooting 3-4 times and in that period I've seen him have 2 ND's and once try to insert a p22 magazine backwards and honestly be baffled why it wouldn't work. He's a good dude but him with a gun scares the hell out of me.

I have seen a guy firing .308 out of a 30-06 and wonder why his gun was acting funky. The brass was expanding and blowing the necks out. It came out of the gun looking like a giant pistol brass.

I once saw a guy fire .308, 270 win, and 30-06 out of the same bolt action 30-06. The groups weren't too bad. But the brass blew out and kept getting stuck.

Not sure if this fits the theme of this thread, but last year I went to the range with my wife and a friend and his wife. Sometime during our ride home someone decided to take themself out. Luckily we weren't there when it happened. There was a thread about this incident last year on here.

I guess the dancing with loaded guns in their hands by the women that go shooting with loose-fitting clothing that every once in awhile has hot brass go down and light-up the tatas should count though. Have seen it more than once. Yes, usually they sweep the people next to them while trying to get to the burning brass.

I once saw a guy fire .308, 270 win, and 30-06 out of the same bolt action 30-06. The groups weren't too bad. But the brass blew out and kept getting stuck.

Oh jeez that's bad. I wonder if that guy tried using 8MM Mauser ammo in the thing too! The case is close enough in diameter to technically "fit" inside the magazine and chamber of a 30-06 bolt gun. 7.92mm bullet vs the 7.62mm bullet that is supposed to go down the barrel would probably blow up most .308 or 30-06 rifles though.

One time I met up with a bunch of people I met online and shot all day, having a great time.

Few times actually. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was long ago, times have changed.

One time I met up with a bunch of people I met online and shot all day, having a great time.

Few times actually. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have to get a CR meetup going sometime soon. Those were good times...meet at 8:00 and shoot till 5:00. Fun times.

Wanna watch some funny stuff? Go to qualification day for armored car drivers. YIKES

Tell me about it. im an ex Armored driver... Everyone in my class couldn't shoot to save their lives. Hell, they called me cowboy for a reason...

They hired me for my shooting abilities, not for my driving skills.

Now to my story...

I brought my friend Sal to his first Garand Match, and at the range we had this FNG shooting his first match. He had a good CMP Garand and some KA 73 (i think 73), ammo. Anyways, Sal is shooting and im begin the firing line. The RO is helping this shooter out, The one with the KA ammo. and i watched him FTF and he cycles the bolt almost right away. The RO didn't notice this happen, until i reached over the table and hit him with a pole and pointed. He grabbed the round and handed it to me. The round was super hot, and i literally dropped it into the drop tube when i heard a bang. To this day im still convinced that round cooked off when i dropped it off.