Bowling Ball

Beretta 92 first handgun?

The PX4 Compact is the "Goldielocks" of Berettas. Not too big. Not too small, recoils like a cream puff, takes NJ legal 15 rounders.

I have carried it in PA in an IWB Remora holster without any trouble under casual clothes in PA.

I would still get a Beretta 92FS purely for the .22 LR conversion kit, but the PX4 Compact is close to perfect for a hammer-fired - DA/SA gun.

I love my M9A1 92fs, its the perfect range gun. Its my fav. to shoot. The storm compact is going to be my "beater" so to speak, def. a great size and weight for carry even if its just around the house for now. If the 92 fits your hand, and you like the way it looks, you cant go wrong with it at least in NJ, since it will probably only see the range to begin with. Im not a fan of the .22 conversion for it tho, unless you spend the loot on the factory one which is apparently really good. But for that price i just got a ruger MKIII and blast away with that baby.

Beretta 92 in 9mm is an EXCELLENT first handgun. I would generally tell someone to go with a 9mm over a .40 for their first handgun, as the .40 is both more expensive to shoot (ammo-wise) and not as pleasurable to shoot as 9mm.

I have the Beretta 92A1 variant of the 92 and love it... it's a great gun, very accurate and it looks sweet too! Here's a pic:

Beretta92A1a.jpg

Woohoo, sweet pic. I like the railed version a lot.

I have a 92G and for me it's been the most reliable handgun I've owned to date over my Glocks, HK, Sig, 1911.

It's a little big and fat compared to other pistols in its league, but that kinda makes it good for range work. I think

it's a great first handgun or addition to an existing collection.

Forgot to add pics to ensure OP blows more money:

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

join here http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/

and check the classifieds. used berettas of all kinds are up every day

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Don't give away the secret!!! Now I'll have competition! :onthequiet: I'm also leaning more and more toward the 92FS for my very last permit in 1.75 months...